sharetrader
Page 504 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 440445449450050150250350450550650750851455460410041504 ... LastLast
Results 5,031 to 5,040 of 16077

One are that they have spent a lot more is early childhood and that's really just a consequence of increased participation rates (which they have been encouraging). I attended an early childhood panel discussion with all the major parties there and it was interesting seeing who got the most support. Labour, Greens and NZ first were all promising the earth and got a big cheer and National were a bit defensive. The person who made the most sense, though, was Colin Craig. A very thoughtful, intelligent man (on ECE, anyway! Pity about all the other lost causes he's championing).

Legend

Retailers are a bit of a bellwether for how things are going in NZ. Many are finding it tough at the moment. Are they too disorganised as a group?

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/bett...-perfect-storm

Note that many consumers are short of free-spending cash. Surely an increase in the minimum pay (vote Labour) would help that. But retailers also need to complement their stores with an online presence. It doesn't have to be the same products or services that they have in the shop, but it's easy enough to monitor during the day, and you just never know what might happen over time.

Well it has now become exceedingly obvious that the hacker responsible for Nicky Hager's book and the dribbler of more emails is undoubtedly Kim.com.

He has the skills - he's just recited all his hacking exploits of the past including getting into the German Chancellors credit card, he has the motivation, he has the opportunity, he has the resources. It was also done via his platform.

The trouble for him is timing, that he is too greedy, he has gone off too early instead of 5 days before the election.

Nicky Hager is revealed not as a major player but a mere front and tool for Kim.com. It's also no wonder that the Labour Party has come out against Kim.com - he's a loose cannon, he'll do the same against the Labour Party unless they do precisely what he tells them, including saving him from extradition to stand trial for his crimes and stopping the legislation he is desperate to stop.
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 25-08-2014 at 11:51 AM.

Legend

Here is a good summary of Labour policies contained in an opening address. It's obvious David Cunliffe is warm, sincere and very good at fronting the camera. He's like this in person too. In fact all of the front bench MPs in this video did well. I sure hope Labour wins, so we can get these policies going.

http://contribute.labour.org.nz/opening_address

To me it looks obvious he's smarmy. I can't imagine him swaying many votes with his personality. You may be just a little to close too the cause to see that EZ.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    To me it looks obvious he's smarmy. I can't imagine him swaying many votes with his personality. You may be just a little too close to the cause to see that EZ.
    That's the thing about propaganda, sure it is there from both sides, but National has spent a lot more effort on theirs, over a decade. So is he smarmy, or is he real?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That's the thing about propaganda, sure it is there from both sides, but National has spent a lot more effort on theirs, over a decade. So is he smarmy, or is he real?

He's smarmy, the opposite of real - a fraud. A real chameleon as he has demonstrated to many an audience.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    He's smarmy, the opposite of real - a fraud. A real chameleon as he has demonstrated to many an audience.
    Surely you understand that is just an opinion FP, based on biased reporting? I used to think he came across as a bit arrogant, but now I see him as more down to earth. Has he changed - doubt it - it is just the media spin.

Key - I used to thing he was a decent bloke, now I think he is duplicitous (trying to be nice here ), likewise I doubt the bloke has changed much.

I have met neither of them so cannot form an unbiased opinion.

...and I suspect to friends and family they are both great guys. There are very few people who wake up in the morning and get dressed thinking "I am going to be a right d1ck today".

Anyhow, we all seem to be caught in this cycle of voting for personality rather than policy.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Surely you understand that is just an opinion FP, based on biased reporting?
    It's an opinion based on my observations. He changes stripes according to the audience and there is plenty of examples on youtube and the like. I'm not aware of biased reporting, or any reporting on Cunliffe other than polling results. I do know a few people who have commented in discussion along similar lines to me, but I also know some who don't like Key. That will always be so with political leaders but certainly at present Cunliffe is not popular with the majority. That is a statistical fact - not an opinion.
    I don't accept your view that we all vote for personality. The likes of eZ for example would vote Labour regardless of leader and there are plenty of eZs around. Those like me who vote for policy are maybe in the minority but we exist.
    I should add that personality is still a slight factor even when policy is the main factor. I don't think I could vote for Cunliffe no matter what he represented. I cringe at the thought of him representing NZ. So you might have a bit of a point.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 26-08-2014 at 09:48 AM.

For the record, I think all politicians are smarmy. DC is up there with the worst though. Something labour needed to address when picking a leader. Personality politics exists. They need realise they aren't going to change that and work with it.
    Labour still has me with ONE promise but I'm still open to change.Gerry will get my electorate vote as I haven't heard anything from the other guys.