sharetrader
Page 505 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 540545549550150250350450550650750850951555560510051505 ... LastLast
Results 5,041 to 5,050 of 16077

I don't think David answered Guyon's question on the radio this morning - something like 'people just don't like you do they?'

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Gerry will get my electorate vote as I haven't heard anything from the other guys.
    That's a real pity slimwin, he is one of the few politicians I dislike (yeah I know, based on media stories ).

I don't particularly like the way he has run the EQ stuff, but more than that what really upsets me is the way he comes across as a bully when things are not running his way.

A specific incident that got my goat was when he pooh-poohed the councils audit of the rebuild figures, promising an audit of the audit with in 14 days, then nothing. So what happened? Did his audit back the council, or did he decide it wasn't in our best interests to run the audit? Either way he was very verbal about pointing out what was wrong, and less verbal about reporting the results.

Slimwin, do you think that National have done the best they could for Chch? I am not so sure. In 2011 I was pleased with the initial response (and the promises), it was part of the reason National got my party vote that year, but now I am thinking they could have done better, and we should be further along with the rebuild.

I doubt anyone woul have done a great job of running the EQC stuff when you have a mix of insurance companies,councils and Govt. Plus home owners expectations of being first in line.

The bad stories make the news. I work in a very large company and those stories are the minority and some of the guys I know just aren't that realistic. Especially the ones from Brooklands.

It's very easy to look back and say things could be done better. I think national have a pass so far and the council a fail. Labour may also have got a pass but thats not possible to claim as truth.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    I doubt anyone woul have done a great job of running the EQC stuff when you have a mix of insurance companies,councils and Govt. Plus home owners expectations of being first in line.

The bad stories make the news. I work in a very large company and those stories are the minority and some of the guys I know just aren't that realistic. Especially the ones from Brooklands.

It's very easy to look back and say things could be done better. I think national have a pass so far and the council a fail. Labour may also have got a pass but thats not possible to claim as truth.
    One thing's for sure - no matter who is in power they would not be able to avoid criticism in such widespread chaos.

Guru

The Govt put far more cash into Chch than they had to. So while they may not get an A+, it is definately not a fail. Maybe a B with a 'try harder next time' comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvey Specter View Post
    The Govt put far more cash into Chch than they had to. So while they may not get an A+, it is definately not a fail. Maybe a B with a 'try harder next time' comment.
    I don't think it is the amount of money that is the issue, and as slimwin says there are plenty of good stories on the private housing front.

What doesn't feel good to me is the anchor projects. It seems that a vast amount of money is being invested in the big ticket items that we don't need right now like the stadium and the convention centre.

(http://cera.govt.nz/news/2013/crown-...s-27-june-2013)

Would you like to expand on the Brooklands bit or be more specific.

Here's how Colin Craig performs in a journalist 'hot seat':

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11309001

It's unlikely that Christine Rankin will win in Epsom, but even so, I can see this party having a greater presence this election. And National may well need more than only UF and Act as coalition partners...especially if Act don't perform well in Epsom.
    Last edited by Bobcat.; 26-08-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Here's how Colin Craig performs in a journalist 'hot seat':

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11309001

It's unlikely that Christine Rankin will win in Epsom, but even so, I can see this party having a greater presence this election. And National may well need more than only UF and Act as coalition partners...especially if Act don't perform well in Epsom.
    Without Epsom there is no Act. Without 5% voting there is no Conservative party. Act will do less harm than The Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    ...Act will do less harm than The Conservatives.
    Which of their policies do you see doing harm, FP? Please elaborate. Have you watched the interview?
    To foretell the future, one must first unlock the secrets of the past.