sharetrader
Page 506 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 640645649650250350450550650750850951051655660610061506 ... LastLast
Results 5,051 to 5,060 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Which of their policies do you see doing harm, FP? Please elaborate. Have you watched the interview?
    They want to dispense with parole and there's little thought in that, and the binding referendums policy frightens me; particularly when they claim it's a bottom line. .

Advanced Member

Whew! No posts since yesterday - I was beginning to think that the left had given up and moved to Australia.

They've belatedly realized that Nicky Hager in tow to Kim.com is actually a disaster for the Left, that they would be subject to political blackmail if they got in. Also they are now reading the latest polls before they are published and realizing the major effect of Nicky Hager/Kim dot Com on the polls is to leave relative standings mostly unchanged but make the Conservatives more popular and NZ First a tad more popular.
    So the results of the evil Hager/Dot Com campaign is to elect National on its own or in combo with UF, ACT and Conservatives with Maori Party still up the sleeve and NZF as well since he can't stand the Greens and has said he won't be in a government with them.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    They've belatedly realized that Nicky Hager in tow to Kim.com is actually a disaster for the Left, that they would be subject to political blackmail if they got in. Also they are now reading the latest polls before they are published and realizing the major effect of Nicky Hager/Kim dot Com on the polls is to leave relative standings mostly unchanged but make the Conservatives more popular and NZ First a tad more popular.
    So the results of the evil Hager/Dot Com campaign is to elect National on its own or in combo with UF, ACT and Conservatives with Maori Party still up the sleeve and NZF as well since he can't stand the Greens and has said he won't be in a government with them.

Unfortunately his silly policies like dropping GST on food and rates won't work, and he burbles about buying back sold shares - nonsense stuff, so it will take a fair few baubles for Winston. The rest of NZ First won't matter. Conservatives might be a better bet if they make it, but only if they come to their senses with policies - and they just might.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 27-08-2014 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I know MVT. I think you are right National will probably return to the Treasury Benches, despite the revelations. However the real political drama for John Key will start after the election.

" and some that smile, have in their hearts, I fear, millions of mischiefs"

William Shakespeare _ Julius Caesar

I, anticipate the next three years will deliver an unparalleled political spectacle.

Legend

Another three years of National? I hope not. The press need to keep asking questions.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Another three years of National? I hope not.
    But over 40% hope they do. Respect their wishes.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    But over 40% hope they do. Respect their wishes.
    I think I know some of the 40%, and they haven't thought very hard about it. There are also maybe 20% more who might not even bother to vote, and who should be exercising a leftie vote. These are people who identify with the phrase "Well, we're not National voters".

I heard John Key on a TV sound bite, again he's doing the Crosby-Textor thing, just seeding a little bit of doubt about Labour policy, but not directly coming up with a mistake or an issue with it (there probably isn't one), just seeding doubt. He's going to try and bluff his way through until the election.

Thanks for putting up the cartoon, W69. John Key looks a little precarious standing up there.
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-08-2014 at 07:22 AM.

Legend

There won't be many in the provinces voting Labour, these are true-blue seats. I was travelling through one yesterday. Pale blue signs everywhere, but also some red Labour ones, a few Green ones (which are growing on me).

Massey University shows off some research work it's doing, pointing out that farmers are slowly moving towards cleaner waterways.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...g-rivers-clean

The Greens and Labour want this kind of work sped up. Many dairy farmers would say this depends on how much it costs, and that their income is limited by the milk payout. $6 kg this next year, by the sound of it. Higher than a running average.

Many farmers take a dim view of Labour, with its associated union involvement. Unions are set up, amongst other things, to provide support for individuals in the same work area in terms of conditions, pay, support in times of protest. Collectively the workers pay into this structure, knowing that it will be more effective than anything they could do by themselves. Why this is bad thing from the point of view of rural people, I'm not sure.

But I do know that dairy farmers formed their own co-operative, to bargain, support and auction for their collective income here and overseas, and they abide by the price-setting rules, after voting in delegates for a board. It's called Fonterra.