sharetrader
Page 508 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 840845849850450550650750850951051151251855860810081508 ... LastLast
Results 5,071 to 5,080 of 16077

Who can trust what dot com the convict has to say. And Hager will always protect his 'source'.
    I think nz will be sick of this by then and have made their minds up.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Dotcom said he had nothing to do with Hager's book.
    Hager has said that Dotcom was not the leaker.

And come the 15th of Sept at the Cloud in Auckland we'll see what Dotcom has got on Key.

My minimum guess is that it'll be proof that Key was lying when he said he had no idea idea who Kim was until the day before the KDC maision was illegially raided.. (That was unbelievable at the time and is even more unbelievable in light of Hager's book.) Alas, I fear that minimum guess will be optimistic and I fear (for national supporters) it'll be far worse. There are some very principled people in our inteligence services and I'm sure they'll be acting in NZ's best interests.
    Welcome back Belgarion. Nice straight post first up.

I have found this survey on people's opinions after the Nicky Hager book. http://www.horizonpoll.co.nz/attachm...urvey-repo.pdf That's a big swing, and more to the Greens than anything. What did you think of the Leader's debate? If the website was down and you had to pay 75c for texts to pass on who you thought won the debate, I wonder which side that would favour? Feels like a jack-up to me.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by belgarion View Post
    Dotcom said he had nothing to do with Hager's book.
    Hager has said that Dotcom was not the leaker.

And come the 15th of Sept at the Cloud in Auckland we'll see what Dotcom has got on Key.

My minimum guess is that it'll be proof that Key was lying when he said he had no idea idea who Kim was until the day before the KDC maision was illegially raided.. (That was unbelievable at the time and is even more unbelievable in light of Hager's book.) Alas, I fear that minimum guess will be optimistic and I fear (for national supporters) it'll be far worse. There are some very principled people in our inteligence services and I'm sure they'll be acting in NZ's best interests.
    No surprises there, you back a hacker being one yourself as stated by you when you gloated you had all my details by hacking me and then you lie about it just like Hagar. Yep good straight up first post back alright, as straight as a Labour politician visiting Georgina Beyer in Cuba St back in the 80s. BTW, Great first up win to Key in the first debate but Cunliffe did well I must admit. Cunliffe has got very good debating skills, nobody can take that away from him. When Key gets interrupted consistently he has got to learn to raise his voice. No need to go down to Cunliffes level, but don't let your opponent overrun you like that. If it was based on debating skills alone then Cunliffe won tonight, but that is as good as it gets right there. D.C talks the talk but J.K walks the talk in action and there is no place for Cunliffe to hide as loud as he tries to stop Key pointing it out.

EZ win for Key tonight, a clear winner by a country mile, who is surprised?

Banned

Default BTW The latest poll

National 50.7 (up 0.7)
    Labour 24.1 (down 1.1)
    Greens 11.4 (down 2.3)
    NZ First 5 (up 0.7)
    Maori Party 1 (up 0.3)
    Internet Mana 3.4 (up 1.3)
    Conservatives 3.3 (up 0.7)
    Act 0.3 (down 0.3)
    United Future 0.2 (down 0.2)

PREFERRED PRIME MINISTER (compared with last week)
    John Key 67.8 (up 3)
    David Cunliffe 11.6 (down 2.8)
    Winston Peters 8.2 (up 3.1)
    Russel Norman 3.8 (up 0.3)

Hagar who?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzie View Post
    No surprises there, you back a hacker being one yourself as stated by you when you gloated you had all my details by hacking me and then you lie about it just like Hagar. Yep good straight up first post back alright, as straight as a Labour politician visiting Georgina Beyer in Cuba St back in the 80s. BTW, Great first up win to Key in the first debate but Cunliffe did well I must admit. Cunliffe has got very good debating skills, nobody can take that away from him. When Key gets interrupted consistently he has got to learn to raise his voice. No need to go down to Cunliffes level, but don't let your opponent overrun you like that. If it was based on debating skills alone then Cunliffe won tonight, but that is as good as it gets right there. D.C talks the talk but J.K walks the talk in action and there is no place for Cunliffe to hide as loud as he tries to stop Key pointing it out.

EZ win for Key tonight, a clear winner by a country mile, who is surprised?
    Axsually, at the end of the day, most polls on the debate placed the win with David Cunliffe, Cuzzie.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Axsually, at the end of the day, most polls on the debate placed the win with David Cunliffe, Cuzzie.
    That should stop Labour's contnuous slide in ALL polls, heading for the teens. Personally I found the debate rather boring and uninformative and neither Leader did much for me.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    That should stop Labour's contnuous slide in ALL polls, heading for the teens. Personally I found the debate rather boring and uninformative and neither Leader did much for me.
    Agree and Hosking did even less.

Legend

The Herald on the debate: that was a good, true quip by Cunliffe, on the rock star economy:

"We seem to have missed, for many people, the party, and we're going straight to the hangover"
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11315764
    Last edited by elZorro; 29-08-2014 at 07:13 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Axsually[sic] the only two that really count EZ are the ones that give a "New Zealand wide opinion" and they are[at this point in time]:Stuff.co.nz which is collectivly the following; The Dominion , The Press, Waitako Times, Auckland Now, The Southland Times, Taranaki Daily News, Manawatu Standard, Nelson Mail, Marlborough Express & The Timaru Herald had Key winning by 51% to 44% That covers most of the country.

The most important poll of course is the real time poll given by TV1as the debate happened live. TV1 had Key the clear winner by 69% to 31%. TV1 covers all of N.Z

I did go looking for these "most polls" as quoted by you and only found only one:The NZ Herald had Cunliffe 52% to 45% winner. The Herald only includes Auckland, Northland, Hawkes Bay & The Bay of Plenty with their add on newspapers.

As I said, Cunliffe is a good debater, but you need to be when you are on the negative side. Key needs to lift his game and not let bully tactics over ride him. Biggest B.S and a great source of laughter my end was when Cunliffe actually said to Key, "You have had your say, know it's mine". Perhaps the M.H needs to be more forceful in the next debate so we can here both sides of the story, which is why Cunliffe over-talks Key so much of course

IMO

Yes most commentors gave it to Cunliffe and one observed that if a foreigner had watched he/she would have assumed cunliffe was the prime minister.