sharetrader
Page 511 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1141146150150750850951051151251351451552156161110111511 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,110 of 16077

So what options does John Key have regarding Judith Collins??

Winston is adamant that an approach was made, and is talking about signing affidavits etc, Judith Collins denies it.
    This would be my approach and is not beyond the realms of possibility

An urgent meeting would be arranged and the following would be put forward
    1. Judith Collins has become an electoral liability, and to this end I would require her to stand down as that national candidate for Papakura.
    2. The word would go out for National Party supporters in Papakura to vote for the Conservative Party candidate.
    3.In exchange for an exit from the political stage there would be inducements
    a) there is no possibility of a return to Cabinet post September 20th
    b) a choice of diplomatic appointments next year would be offered
    Washington- with effect from next year, as Mike Moore is nearing the end of his tenure.
    London: Lockwood Smith would be encouraged to move on, if not removed to enable Judith Collins to take over, on the proviso she relinquish the post to enable John key to be appointed to it in early 2017.

If none of these interest her then appointments to SOEs would be offered etc, Chairperson Of Genesis comes to mind as Jenny Shipley has been chairman for too long

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    So what options does John Key have regarding Judith Collins??

Winston is adamant that an approach was made, and is talking about signing affidavits etc, Judith Collins denies it.
    This would be my approach and is not beyond the realms of possibility

An urgent meeting would be arranged and the following would be put forward
    1. Judith Collins has become an electoral liability, and to this end I would require her to stand down as that national candidate for Papakura.
    2. The word would go out for National Party supporters in Papakura to vote for the Conservative Party candidate.
    3.In exchange for an exit from the political stage there would be inducements
    a) there is no possibility of a return to Cabinet post September 20th
    b) a choice of diplomatic appointments next year would be offered
    Washington- with effect from next year, as Mike Moore is nearing the end of his tenure.
    London: Lockwood Smith would be encouraged to move on, if not removed to enable Judith Collins to take over, on the proviso she relinquish the post to enable John key to be appointed to it in early 2017.

If none of these interest her then appointments to SOEs would be offered etc, Chairperson Of Genesis comes to mind as Jenny Shipley has been chairman for too long
    Winston Peters is known for telling many porkpies and I would say full onus is on him to prove himself or not as I think the case may be. Show us what you have got Winston.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat. View Post
    Don't you find it interesting that the editors and other liberal social engineers at the Dominion Post / Stuff have chosen in this set of predictions to play down and/or completely ignore the Conservative Party (which is now polling just under 5% - not 2.7% as misleadingly stated by Stuff), and yet meanwhile see fit to make mention in their analysis the Mana-Internet, United Future, Act and Maori parties.

Their bias is showing. Clearly they want us to think that the Conservatives are a lost cause (and want us to join them in despising them) ...well I don't think so. Political analysis like this is nothing short of an insult to voter intelligence.
    I agree, the Conservatives do seem to be getting dault a raw deal here. I like what they stand for and what they could offer. You don't have to be a Christian to like who they are, what they are saying and how they go about representing themselves.
    Maybe there might be a deal with the ECB electorate, that would be nice. M.C would still get in. Makes sense to me and it makes it just a little bit harder for the loonie left to gain power.
    I like that, I like it a lot. Win, win, win.

Legend

National going from strength to strength.

Well done Mr. Key.

Breaking News

12.30 : John Key will be announcing Judith Collins resignation.

(PS I still don't resile from my post prediction some time ago that John Key will resign in late 2016/early 2017. Should he lose on September 20th then he will go by next February.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 30-08-2014 at 11:58 AM.

Legend

Breaking News

12.30 : John Key will be announcing Judith Collins resignation.

(PS I still don't resile from my post prediction some time ago that John Key will resign in late 2016/early 2017.
    Of course. He will want to rejuvenate the leadership of the party at that stage so they can have a forth, fifth and sixth term. Long live National.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Of course. He will want to rejuvenate the leadership of the party at that stage so they can have a forth, fifth and sixth term. Long live National.
    Why not FP
    John Key could declare himself King. Let me think of a suitable title,Hmm how about King John the Duplicitous. Gerry could be Court Jester and Bill English could help with the big words. Oh hang on , no he couldn't because he is "a little bit republican". Well President John the Duplicitous.

Legend

Why not FP
    John Key could declare himself King. Let me think of a suitable title,Hmm how about King John the Duplicitous. Gerry could be Court Jester and Bill English could help with the big words. Oh hang on , no he couldn't because he is "a little bit republican". Well President John the Duplicitous.
    No no. You don't understand. They will do it by winning elections.

Legend

What, does this mean that some or all of the "Dirty Politics" book is real?

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11316644

Great news for Labour, that is not going to help National get more votes, but it might slow the shedding of support for the right. Big coverage from TV1 at the moment, it's been on for over an hour. (12-30 to 1.30)

Here is a selection of comments in picture form, from the lefties.
    Last edited by elZorro; 30-08-2014 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    National going from strength to strength.
    Yep....but the next one (1 week out) with Dotcom will be a doozy........linking Key to the FBI raid!