sharetrader
Page 535 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3543548552553153253353453553653753853954558563510351535 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,350 of 16077

[QUOTE=Major von Tempsky;503691]
    Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

When Belge responds to one post with 5 consecutive posts of his own he just ruins the board as a debating vehicle, suffocates everyone else who wants to say something. There have been a number of extreme left wing posters who have been banned such as RMB Brave - why not Belge? Why is he "special" in terms of his treatment?
    Well said although I don't want Belg banned - just reined in a little.

I've been an internet warrior since the late 1990s and seen many interesting discussions destroyed by compulsive people who cannot articulate their views respectfully. A bit of banter and even amusing abuse has its place so long as it does not become overwhelming.

Sadly Belg has overstepped the line in this thread so far as I am concerned. On other topics I'm happy to listen to him.

Legend

[QUOTE=Winston001;503765]
    Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post

Well said although I don't want Belg banned - just reined in a little.

I've been an internet warrior since the late 1990s and seen many interesting discussions destroyed by compulsive people who cannot articulate their views respectfully. A bit of banter and even amusing abuse has its place so long as it does not become overwhelming.

Sadly Belg has overstepped the line in this thread so far as I am concerned. On other topics I'm happy to listen to him.
    Yes, I see Belgarion has been banned overnight. That's unfortunate in the leadup to election day. From my point of view, he provides much of the salient data on this thread, but he does take a dim view of anyone who refuses to come up to speed despite that, and betrays it in their posts. None of us really care if people vote left or right according to their convictions at each election, just as long as you've done your research, at some level.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    the teaching profession is probably further to the left than the wharfies were and they have been there for many decades.
    Craic, what do you mean, further to the left? They don't go on strike very often, and there's all sorts of teachers. I take the view that they might on average, be better informed. They are not usually treated very well by National governments.
    Last edited by elZorro; 10-09-2014 at 08:21 AM.

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post

Actually he is a lot worse as many people have noted. Also when Belge responds to one post with 5 consecutive posts of his own he just ruins the board as a debating vehicle, suffocates everyone else who wants to say something. You omitted that Westerly. There have been a number of extreme left wing posters who have been banned such as RMB Brave - why not Belge? Why is he "special" in terms of his treatment?

There have been many tyrannical rants from you MVT over the years many of which deserved being binned; did you ever get moderated? No, i don't think so.Thats good.Its great that you have reigned in your excesses somewhat. Belg has facts and passion a great combo imo; long may he liven up the threads and challenge biases, some with his own. Political threads bring out a lot of strong opinions and sentiments and can be unsavoury at times, getting personal etc. A lot of jousting and protection of ones personal situ is going to bring out reactive defence/attack responses. Cuzzie is the only exception on here imo that rightfully shouldn't be allowed dialogue. Lets tolerate our differences and argue until election day and then be done with it all(phew).
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 10-09-2014 at 08:58 AM.

[QUOTE=elZorro;503768]
    Quote Originally Posted by Winston001 View Post

Yes, I see Belgarion has been banned overnight. That's unfortunate in the leadup to election day. From my point of view, he provides much of the salient data on this thread, but he does take a dim view of anyone who refuses to come up to speed despite that, and betrays it in their posts. None of us really care if people vote left or right according to their convictions at each election, just as long as you've done your research, at some level.
    Looks like all posts been deleted

No longer exists?

Done a moosie?

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Craic, what do you mean, further to the left? They don't go on strike very often, and there's all sorts of teachers. I take the view that they might on average, be better informed. They are not usually treated very well by National governments.
    I read some of the "newsletters" my wife receives from her teacher union. It is pure Labour propaganda, especially close to elections.

Dilettante

[QUOTE=winner69;503778]
    Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

Looks like all posts been deleted

No longer exists?

Done a moosie?
    I can still see his posts. I sincerely hope he doesn't disappear. He has made many good contributions on various threads, including this one. Just needs to calm down a little and avoid the continuous personal abuse of everyone that does not agree with him.
    I look forward to more good posts from him.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I read some of the "newsletters" my wife receives from her teacher union. It is pure Labour propaganda, especially close to elections.
    Like the comments from Business NZ, all very fair and balanced,(not) everything that National does is wonderful anything that Labour suggests has no merit.

Advanced Member

As a seventeen-year-old Dublin Catholic entering the Royal Ulster Rifles as a recruit, the first law rigidly enforced was "no religion or politics to be argued at any time". And that was in Ballymena, second only to Portadown as a bastion of Unionism in Ulster. Never experienced a word of abuse, threat or otherwise, but glad to be posted elsewhere later. The unfortunate piper who broke into "The Sash My Father Wore" or some similar ditty on a route march was quickly told to change his tune. Maybe those rules should apply in some form here.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    As a seventeen-year-old Dublin Catholic entering the Royal Ulster Rifles as a recruit, the first law rigidly enforced was "no religion or politics to be argued at any time". And that was in Ballymena, second only to Portadown as a bastion of Unionism in Ulster. Never experienced a word of abuse, threat or otherwise, but glad to be posted elsewhere later. The unfortunate piper who broke into "The Sash My Father Wore" or some similar ditty on a route march was quickly told to change his tune. Maybe those rules should apply in some form here.
    Definitely ban all forms of Irish dancing. Keep the bagpipes though. (Or was the pipes some type of Irish flute?}

westerly