sharetrader
Page 542 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4244249253253853954054154254354454554655259264210421542 ... LastLast
Results 5,411 to 5,420 of 16077
    The Wolf of Sharetrader

Very much looks like Conservatives are going to make it over the mark. Once people realize a vote for them isn't a wasted vote (in terms of getting over the line) they will probably build more momentum.

my wife asked me about who to vote for today while we were walking around and shopping at manukau city shopping center......
    as this is the shopping center in the middle of the most "poverty" stricken district in NZ she was very surprised with the volume of stuff forsale
    and the amount of people in the complex........ (she is a dunedin girl) (( and we live in a very sparse rural area south of auckland))
    so I said....... I am voting for the conservatives and she looked at me...... like that guy on the jeep ad when the wife buys a jeep......
    and she said yes...... that seems like a good vote....... I asked her.... do you know who or what they are?
    surprisingly she said yes, and this is a girl...who tells me off for watching parliament tv.
    we have a household of free living and free thought and clothes are optional....... good girl!
    but religion and politics is mostly a non subject here at home.
    discussions of purchasing 5 inch high heels (her) or windmill parts etc (me) are far more important.
    so IMHO the cons might make it as more and more folks look at the options out there.
    will be an interesting election this month.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Very much looks like Conservatives are going to make it over the mark. Once people realize a vote for them isn't a wasted vote (in terms of getting over the line) they will probably build more momentum.
    I voted for the conservatives this day. I just see them doing well in the polls and as a "rightish" voter I do not want a 5 party coalition of the damned in power and thus have put my vote towards the cons getting 5%. THey may not make 5% and my vote will be wasted but I have spoken to a lot of ppl that are going to vote cons so am quietly confident.

AWOL

Keep going like this and they will have the majority with Nats as a coalition partner.

Legend

I have just spotted that Belgarion is fairly upset about political censorship on these threads, and is considering withdrawing all his posts from ST. That's why he's not ripping into all of these voters for the Conservative Party, Sgt Pepper.

I still think the CP leader looks a bit strange, but I have not had a good look at their policies. Of course, they couldn't be better than Labour's ones.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I have just spotted that Belgarion is fairly upset about political censorship on these threads, and is considering withdrawing all his posts from ST. That's why he's not ripping into all of these voters for the Conservative Party, Sgt Pepper.

I still think the CP leader looks a bit strange, but I have not had a good look at their policies. Of course, they couldn't be better than Labour's ones.
    Crikey el Z, you vote on looks? How on earth did you vote for Mr Helen Clark?!

Advanced Member

El Zorro, I think you may find that Belg. has already gone. Or so I understand from some of the recent writings. And in another week or so DC will be on his way, and I will have plenty to spend on Melbourne Cup day. Now pension day - every second Tuesday - is a big day for us oldies. We go to the club in time for a couple before lunch , buy tickets in numerous raffles for anything from a few scratchies to a Christmas ham. then we have lunch, a few more bevvies and wander off around town to buy the groceries and whatever. Now this year the Melbourne Cup is on a pension tuesday. Now we can book a table for eight people at $30 per head. We will get $200 in food supplied to the table, $10 betting voucher per head and a few other goodies Dont worry about the maths - profits will be from the drinks we buy. The State of The Nation will not rate a mention on that day.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    That's why he's not ripping into all of these voters for the Conservative Party, Sgt Pepper.

Why not take over ElZorro and rip into people who want to vote Conservative Party, as if its a crime. Last time I looked everyone in this country was entitled to a vote and vote for a party of their choice. As much as I respect your right to vote Labour, you should respect my right to vote Conservative.

Re Assange, Greenwald et al, interesting to see what motivates these guys http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...t-they-believe . Seems like they are not aligned to any particular left wing ideology (in fact they have a number of far right views) - their main concern is Big Brother-type government and growth of the surveillance state. Interesting collection of bedfellows though - Putin, holocaust deniers, neo-nazis, etc. I can see the alignment with Kim Dotcom, not so much with Laila Harre and Hone.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Re Assange, Greenwald et al, interesting to see what motivates these guys http://www.newrepublic.com/article/1...t-they-believe . Seems like they are not aligned to any particular left wing ideology (in fact they have a number of far right views) - their main concern is Big Brother-type government and growth of the surveillance state. Interesting collection of bedfellows though - Putin, holocaust deniers, neo-nazis, etc. I can see the alignment with Kim Dotcom, not so much with Laila Harre and Hone.

They cater to the paranoid, so they'll always have a small army of followers.