sharetrader
Page 544 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4444449453454054154254354454554654754855459464410441544 ... LastLast
Results 5,431 to 5,440 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Josie Pagani was brilliant on TV3 the other night, showed her level of intelligence. She claimed you could prove that raising the minimum wage wouldn't cost jobs by using the opposite, that lowering the minimum wage wouldn't create jobs. Well Josie you are an idiot. If the mimimum wage was lowered to say $5, I'd have two full time PA's, a full time gofer etc just because I could. These would be new jobs.

How does someone so stupid get a position like hers? Put there by someone even more stupid?
    I think if you heard her correctly, she was careful to say "with a moderate change of this order". In the depression, many business families had maids helping at home, because they could afford them. Times were really tough.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Josie Pagani was brilliant on TV3 the other night, showed her level of intelligence. She claimed you could prove that raising the minimum wage wouldn't cost jobs by using the opposite, that lowering the minimum wage wouldn't create jobs. Well Josie you are an idiot. If the mimimum wage was lowered to say $5, I'd have two full time PA's, a full time gofer etc just because I could. These would be new jobs.

How does someone so stupid get a position like hers? Put there by someone even more stupid?
    On the radio the other day, and also in the Herald, she claimed that no landlord would have any idea when and how they were taxed under the present system.(which is dead simple) Now that shows a total lack of understanding of business which is Labour's single biggest problem.
    On the subject of lowering job numbers by arbitrarily raising wages, Jamie Whyte on TV debate explained that increasing the prices of anything lowered demand. Materea Turei replied 'that's rubbish'. Shouldn't be long before she publishes a book on economics.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 15-09-2014 at 07:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Great to see you once again refer to your much admired and unbiased "journalist" Rod Oram. He's got about as much credibility as David Cunliffe, ZILCH !
    Iceman

Rod Oram seems to be singled out because he he articulates concerns regarding the economic direction, lack of diversification, over reliance on one market, and problems relating to scale and innovation. Seems pretty sensible stuff to me. He was a economics/business journalist with the London Financial Times, hardly a hotbed of Marxist intrigue. Just because someone doesn't worship at the altar of duplicitous John doesn't invalidate their business credentials
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 15-09-2014 at 10:49 AM.

Rod Oram is a devotee of the centrally planned economy, picking winners and the siege economy, a disciple of Bill Sutch.
    In other words he's a part of a museum exhibit which has temporarily escaped from custody.

I did delude to this and got shot down..............(Yep....but the next one (1 week out) with Dotcom will be a doozy........linking Key to the FBI raid!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Thats right FP

John Key had absolutely no knowledge of the pending raid, as he has reiterated on many occasions, not only that he had never even heard of Kim Dot Com prior to his arrest. Thus we should take him at his word. Unless evidence is presented otherwise, because if it is and he has lied to Parliament???? then he is in a LOT of trouble and in comparison Pinnochhio will seem like Mother Theresa
    .......YEAH RIGHT! But now it's all just lies.....
    Last edited by ari; 15-09-2014 at 03:57 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by ari View Post
    I did delude to this and got shot down..............(Yep....but the next one (1 week out) with Dotcom will be a doozy........linking Key to the FBI raid!)
    .......YEAH RIGHT! But now it's all just lies.....
    What FBI raid?

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    What FBI raid?
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/southland-tim...tive-but-legal

Legend

That was a police raid.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

So where's KDC live streaming this 'election game changer'?