sharetrader
Page 548 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4844849853854454554654754854955055155255859864810481548 ... LastLast
Results 5,471 to 5,480 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Cameron Slater is an award winning journalist. What's your point?
    I wouldn't expect a PM to call Slater a "loser" and a "little henchman" either. In fact I would expect a PM to have nothing to do with someone like Slater.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I wouldn't expect a PM to call Slater a "loser" and a "little henchman" either. In fact I would expect a PM to have nothing to do with someone like Slater.
    Banksie, go have a read at "The Standard" which allegedly comes out of David Cunliffe's office and then contrast that with Slater's "Whaleoil" blog. Tell me which one is the more reasoned. The vitriol that the standard produces is extremely off putting and the derogatory language used would make most blush. Contrast that to whaleoil with readership of over 250,000 and I know where I would rather be.

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    The vitriol that the standard produces is extremely off putting and the derogatory language used would make most blush.
    I must admit, I don't regularly read The Standard either, only if someone points an article out to me. Do you have an example of an article with vitriol and derogatory language?

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Poor old John Key has another 3 years of work in this country if the bookies and all the heavy money are to be believed. Ipredict has him now at an 85% chance to be prime minister up from 80% yesterday. On betfair.com he is at 92% chance and Centerbet still have him laggin at about a 82% chance
    I am no doubting he will form a government( of sorts). But I suspect its going to be a strange kind of pyrrhic victory for him, an unpleasant stressful time, trying to accommodate Winston, the right wing of the National Party, looming economic problems, let alone the machinations of younger aspiring leaders ( especially Paula Bennett and Michael Woodhouse)within his cabinet who will be jockeying for power in the post John Key world.
    I almost feel sorry for the man. An immensely entertaining though sad spectacle awaits for those who observe politics. By 2017 I am sure he will have wished he had folded his tent in 2014
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 16-09-2014 at 01:49 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I am no doubting he will form a government( of sorts). But I suspect its going to be a strange kind of pyrrhic victory for him, an unpleasant stressful time, trying to accommodate Winston, the right wing of the national party, looming economic problems, let alone the machinations of younger aspiring leaders ( especially Paula Bennett and Michael Woodhouse)within his cabinet who will be jockeying for power in the post John Key world. I almost feel sorry for the man. Although immensely an immensely entertaining though sad spectacle awaits for those who observe politics. By 2017 I am sure he will have wished he had folded his tent in 2014
    Wouldn't be anything wrong with Bennett as next National leader - Woodhouse, no.

Have you ever met Michael Woodhouse? quite impressive

Dilettante

Have you ever met Michael Woodhouse? quite impressive
    I reckon he will get Tony Ryall's job in a couple of weeks !

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    I must admit, I don't regularly read The Standard either, only if someone points an article out to me. Do you have an example of an article with vitriol and derogatory language?
    Sorry should have been more precise. Its not in the articles they produce themselves that contain the derogatory language more in the comments that they allow that are not moderated to any standard whatsoever. Even today people calling each other "rat****er" and telling you to "**** off" etc etc it really is off putting. Whether you like it or not, Slater's blog has got a lot more professional in the last year and its readership is continuing to rise dramatically.

Guru

I am no doubting he will form a government( of sorts). But I suspect its going to be a strange kind of pyrrhic victory for him, an unpleasant stressful time, trying to accommodate Winston, the right wing of the National Party, looming economic problems, let alone the machinations of younger aspiring leaders ( especially Paula Bennett and Michael Woodhouse)within his cabinet who will be jockeying for power in the post John Key world.
    I almost feel sorry for the man. An immensely entertaining though sad spectacle awaits for those who observe politics. By 2017 I am sure he will have wished he had folded his tent in 2014
    Maybe maybe not. If the cons get over 5% I think he will be very happy to govern without winston. That is the reason I voted cons this time. Apart from that he may have a bit more of a difficult time than the last 3 years granted, but he does not need to be in politics to survive as many other MP's so that in itself saves JK.

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I reckon he will get Tony Ryall's job in a couple of weeks !
    I am certain you are right, he has the ideal background as well as formal health qualifications, and apparently actually wants the job. However sometime inexplicable appointments are made I would point out to that Tony Ryalls tenure was marked by very benign industrial climate within the sector.
    Believe me, that is all about to change