sharetrader
Page 552 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 5245250254254854955055155255355455555656260265210521552 ... LastLast
Results 5,511 to 5,520 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Following on from this band theme, is National's purchase of an Eminem-like track for use in a TV advert. The ad was something like this.

APRA are the usual agency for handling the use of songs by artists, and you often have to get the permission of the performers and the writer of the lyrics to use it in the particular way, and also pay a fee. This can take months to organise. The more widespread the use, the higher the fee.

If you even play a radio in a retail space, you are supposed to pay a fee to APRA.

In this case, and even after falling foul of the rules in previous campaigns, the National Party (who include Steven Joyce, ex radio stations owner) and their agents deliberately chose a backing track that was passing off Eminem's track, because they could save a lot of money and yet get the same effect, if they could just get away with it. Some muso in a studio had strummed out most of the same Eminem chords, put the track up for sale on a website, and was making cash out of it. Most of the cheaper tracks like this are more original, they'd have needed to look hard to find it. It turns out Eminem would never have given them permission for the real track.

Just like National to take the easy way out, and disregard musicians. As a govt, they don't mind doling out millions to big business, while SMEs are shut down.

Now it looks like that copied track has been deleted from available tracks on the achive, pending a lawsuit.

Here's an old music video that was penned when Robert Muldoon was in power.

http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/ther...w-zealand-1981
    It's getting to you eZ. It will soon be over.

Did you get permission to use that EZ?

Following on from this band theme, is National's purchase of an Eminem-like track for use in a TV advert. The ad was something like this.

APRA are the usual agency for handling the use of songs by artists, and you often have to get the permission of the performers and the writer of the lyrics to use it in the particular way, and also pay a fee. This can take months to organise. The more widespread the use, the higher the fee.

If you even play a radio in a retail space, you are supposed to pay a fee to APRA.
    And I find some irony in the fact that it was National that passed the Skynet legislation. Adding to the irony is U2"s greatest spam attempt by sending an album to ITunes accounts without the end user paying a royalty. Now there's a statement on how musicians value their talent. And we have a government that supports the uploading of private information by a third party and justifies it by saying "Its not us"

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Did you get permission to use that EZ?
    I didn't create the track or the video, it's on the web, has been for weeks.

FP: no real rebuttal of the content of my posts, I see. Most of you National voters don't have a leg to stand on. What you are voting for is the status quo - let's not move the country forward at the partial cost of anyone who has already made it.

Advanced Member

Labour do not have to worry about using the Dead March on Saturday as they march off into the night - it has been out of copyright for years. And Hone Harawira will probably be available to play the corpse.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

I didn't create the track or the video, it's on the web, has been for weeks.

FP: no real rebuttal of the content of my posts, I see. Most of you National voters don't have a leg to stand on. What you are voting for is the status quo - let's not move the country forward at the partial cost of anyone who has already made it.
    Disappointing el Z. I thought you might have been better than this.

Just like National to take the easy way out, and disregard musicians. As a govt, they don't mind doling out millions to big business, while SMEs are shut down.

Now it looks like that copied track has been deleted from available tracks on the achive, pending a lawsuit.

Another reflective link is this one. Worth reading the opening credits before settling into a bit of nostalgia.
    http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/blerta-revisited-2001. In case you miss it - these guys worked for 5 years with no pay - have a look at how their currency is defined.

Another reflective link is this one. Worth reading the opening credits before settling into a bit of nostalgia.
    http://www.nzonscreen.com/title/blerta-revisited-2001. In case you miss it - these guys worked for 5 years with no pay - have a look at how their currency is defined.

Dilettante

EZ this http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ually-disabled is happening in your parts of the wood. Sad how low people can go. Vote positive ? Hand me another Tui !

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    EZ this http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...ually-disabled is happening in your parts of the wood. Sad how low people can go. Vote positive ? Hand me another Tui !
    Iceman, I read the article this morning in the Waikato Times. It's a Fairfax publication. The same paper has deliberately minimised the exposure of a Labour candidate all through the campaign. The editor of the paper is notably right-wing. I can only assume that the caregivers at IHC have noted over the years that a Labour government provides superior funding and backup for their operation, which in turn directly helps their clients.

On the other side of the coin, National has paid a "slick PR firm" (which might or might not include the expensive and ruthless neo-liberals Crosby-Textor) to compile ads and generate sound bites which at the best are fibs, and in some cases are outright lies.

Some of these are below.

"Labour left the country in a mess"
    "We have created 150,000 jobs"
    "A Labour coalition would be a five-headed beast"
    "Keep the team that's working"

Once these are splashed across all the media channels, they are trying to brainwash not just a few people, but millions.