sharetrader
Page 553 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 5345350354354955055155255355455555655756360365310531553 ... LastLast
Results 5,521 to 5,530 of 16077
    Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Iceman, I read the article this morning in the Waikato Times. It's a Fairfax publication.
    Confirmation bias showing through on both sides. On Whaleoil most commentators hate Fairfax with a passion and call it a lefty propaganda machine. Whilst the standard say exactly the opposite about Fairfax. Go figure.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by blackcap View Post
    Confirmation bias showing through on both sides. On Whaleoil most commentators hate Fairfax with a passion and call it a lefty propaganda machine. Whilst the standard say exactly the opposite about Fairfax. Go figure.
    You shouldn't believe all you read on Whaleoil BC. Maybe Cam Slater has a beef with someone at Fairfax, they don't take him seriously enough. Or he's trying to get them to be more right-wing than they are already. Where does their advertising come from in general, big business, or workers and unemployed? Follow the money, and their shareholders.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/medi...bc0#mm-premium

I see that Cuzzie is still banned. Belgarion still has his posts intact, and is not banned.

I for one, really miss Belge's posts. Come back!
    Last edited by elZorro; 18-09-2014 at 11:11 AM.

Guru

You shouldn't believe all you read on Whaleoil BC. Maybe Cam Slater has a beef with someone at Fairfax, they don't take him seriously enough. !
    I don't El Zorro, but the readership of Whaleoil is increasing by the day and it is the number one blog in NZ by a country mile. But it was the commentators on the blog that were saying Fairfax is a lefty spout machine. Just like the commentators say the opposite at the standard. Studies have shown that confirmation bias is prevalent and there is little we can do about it but its good to know it exists. The fact two polarising sites can have the same view of an outfit such as Fairfax (they both think that Fairfax are biased) tends to support the existence of this "confirmation bias"

Legend

I don't El Zorro, but the readership of Whaleoil is increasing by the day and it is the number one blog in NZ by a country mile. But it was the commentators on the blog that were saying Fairfax is a lefty spout machine. Just like the commentators say the opposite at the standard. Studies have shown that confirmation bias is prevalent and there is little we can do about it but its good to know it exists. The fact two polarising sites can have the same view of an outfit such as Fairfax (they both think that Fairfax are biased) tends to support the existence of this "confirmation bias"
    Bet you didn't read "Dirty Politics" BC. Many of the forthright commentators on Whaleoil are his mates, and/or are paid bloggers, putting across an agreed point of view. I'm not paid to write anything, like Cameron Slater is. NZ is so brainwashed, the Hager book may have actually helped people like Slater and John Key, in the medium term.

Bet you didn't read "Dirty Politics" BC. Many of the forthright commentators on Whaleoil are his mates, and/or are paid bloggers, putting across an agreed point of view. I'm not paid to write anything, like Cameron Slater is. NZ is so brainwashed, the Hager book may have actually helped people like Slater and John Key, in the medium term.
    EZ, I hear what you say, but why would you think that Nicky Hager would have any more credibility than many of the whaleoil contributors? Not sure, whether you can have negative credibility - and in my books both sides deserve a big ZERO.

Do you prefer Nicky Hager because he is slinging the mud into the center / right corner of the political field? Remember, Nicky Hager is (as is Cameron Slater) nothing more than an overpaid biassed professional mud slinger who does not care whether the dirt he is throwing around is true, false or stolen.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Here's an idea. National and Labour go into coalition together. They find as much middle ground as possible and then the majority of nzers get what they voted for and avoid the smaller parties holding them to ransom.
    Regarding tax, the rate could be optional, eg minimum top rate of 33% with an optional rate of 39% or more for those who feel this is the right thing to do.
    We could call the coalition Lanal. Or perhaps Natbour might be better.

AWOL

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    Here's an idea. National and Labour go into coalition together. They find as much middle ground as possible and then the majority of nzers get what they voted for and avoid the smaller parties holding them to ransom.
    Regarding tax, the rate could be optional, eg minimum top rate of 33% with an optional rate of 39% or more for those who feel this is the right thing to do.
    With all the spying going on perhaps Blunt would be more appropriate.

But thats just a conservative view.
    Last edited by Minerbarejet; 18-09-2014 at 03:20 PM.

Now wouldn't that be utopia. While it lasted...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    I suggested such a coalition a while ago. Would keep NZ on track without being beholden to the fringe lunacy that MMP seems to offer up. NZ politics alas is still in its infancy and as such will not accept such a proposal. Such coalitions do however work well over in Europe.

Legend

I suggested such a coalition a while ago. Would keep NZ on track without being beholden to the fringe lunacy that MMP seems to offer up. NZ politics alas is still in its infancy and as such will not accept such a proposal. Such coalitions do however work well over in Europe.
    At least it would allow Labour a more dignified death.