sharetrader
Page 558 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 5845850854855455555655755855956056156256860865810581558 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    I am currently in the UK but voted for national in the electorate and act for a tactical party vote before leaving .
    In general in the past I have been a swinging voter and don't like any political party being in power too long and getting complacent and possibly corrupt.
    This time it was different-John Key has worked hard to develop trading relationships and has moderate domestic policies designed to help all.
    This has been a dirty election but he has been shrewd enough to navigate national through it.
    Hopefully he will be more diligent in the future to stamp out corruption and the likes of Judith Collins.
    As you say the opposition was useless-I would go further and say they would have an adverse effect on markets .
    Wrong way round. Party vote should have gone to National. Electorate seat is pretty much irrelevant unless you are in Epsom electorate in which cas Act is the one to vote for.

Advanced Member

I think I won a bet?

Legend

Best news of all - Kim DotGone!!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Best news of all - Kim DotGone!!
    Need a 'like' button!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I think I won a bet?
    You certainly did, spend it wisely

Advanced Member

I think that the main gain from tonight's result is that we have removed the rubbish from the bottom of the pile. Dot Com, Harre, Minto and Hone have been taken out of the equation. David Cunliffe was quite good in his concession speech but I don't think many expect him to last. The question now for Labour is who have they got?

AWOL

I think that the main gain from tonight's result is that we have removed the rubbish from the bottom of the pile. Dot Com, Harre, Minto and Hone have been taken out of the equation. David Cunliffe was quite good in his concession speech but I don't think many expect him to last. The question now for Labour is who have they got?
    Robertson. Thats it.

Veteran novice

Yes, indeed!

And we don't have to wait for the fourth runner to complete the marathon and declare himself the winner!

Legend

He spoke well, delivered well, but blamed the wrong things. He just doesn't get it.

Advanced Member

Where oh! where have all the flowers gone? (left posters) carried this ancient topic forward through two elections. "If National Wins" well they did, twice and all the signs are that they could win the next one. The sun is shining outside, Kiwis are returning home in droves, and all is well - except maybe for Auckland? Didn't I read somewhere that the leader of that fair city announced that he was paying his staff a minimum of $18 an hour or more in accordance with his masters policies? Now he seems to have blown out his wages budget by a few million dollars - and he hasn't got a Labour Govt. to bail him out. Now there's an opportunity for Kim Dotcom if ever I saw one.