sharetrader
Page 56 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 646525354555657585960661061565561056 ... LastLast
    Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    I didn't survey anyone - just listen to some of the talk-back. And if that's not enough, ask among your friends and associates - the odd Labour supporter may naievely try to get some yardage from it but three out of four will turn off - If they don't, you need to change the company you keep.
    Agree totally craic. Those of my friends that are Labour supporters are sick of it. I think most Kiwis have far more pressing issues to worry about than that rubbish and want politicians to focus on what is important to the country. Unfortunately this seems to be the only issue Shearer and particularly Peters want to harp on about. Shows how utterly they are out of touch

Legend

I didn't survey anyone - just listen to some of the talk-back. And if that's not enough, ask among your friends and associates - the odd Labour supporter may naievely try to get some yardage from it but three out of four will turn off - If they don't, you need to change the company you keep.
    So if you've not done any survey, how did you come up with the three out of four bit?
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 26-10-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Legend

OK Slimwin, an interesting article, did Bill English spell out how he was going to achieve those lofty aims? Including encouraging businesses to take on an extra staff member, and ramp up manufacturing. Oh yeah, I forgot, they did that by telling us to hunker down for a bit due to the international issues, and by removing the R&D tax credit, a small incentive in very much the right direction..and the reason they gave for removing the small credit was that they didn't trust small businesses. They can't have it both ways. Either they're on our side, or they're not.

I'm neither side. I'm a centrist :-)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    OK Slimwin, an interesting article, did Bill English spell out how he was going to achieve those lofty aims? Including encouraging businesses to take on an extra staff member, and ramp up manufacturing. Oh yeah, I forgot, they did that by telling us to hunker down for a bit due to the international issues, and by removing the R&D tax credit, a small incentive in very much the right direction.
    The way you've been beating that drum eZ,you should be able to slide it under a door by now.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    So if you've not done any survey, how did you come up with the three out of four bit?
    I,ve been running my life for seventy-five years without the need for a single survey. I have a marriage of 50 years duration, several vehicles, a quad bike and a tractor and a boat and a few acres of land and a few bob for emergencies - all from simply observing the world around me and deciding which way to jump. And as a side issue, I read the psychology papers on statistics and surveys - and reached my own conclusions.

Legend

I,ve been running my life for seventy-five years without the need for a single survey. I have a marriage of 50 years duration, several vehicles, a quad bike and a tractor and a boat and a few acres of land and a few bob for emergencies - all from simply observing the world around me and deciding which way to jump. And as a side issue, I read the psychology papers on statistics and surveys - and reached my own conclusions.
    Exactly. They are your opinions, generalisations - nothing more.

Guru

Also experience fp.

Legend

Default Beating the drum

Here's the gen on the state of manufacturing FP, from a coalition of the out-of power parties. They'll force an enquiry of some sort. National has stonewalled one through the normal channels. Why would they do that, if they're on the side of the manufacturing sector. They'll go along for the photo opportunities and to be associated with the stronger companies, but that's it. Maybe we should send in a submission..

http://manufacturinginquiry.org.nz/facts-figures/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 26-10-2012 at 07:13 PM.