sharetrader
Page 653 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1535536036436496506516526536546556566576637037531153 ... LastLast
Results 6,521 to 6,530 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by nextbigthing View Post
    But David Cunliffe really was the biggest loser el Z. Pretty hard to deny that. Why is he even still there?
    As Westerly pointed out, for some reason he's still an electorate MP. While David Cunliffe may have had a small amount of trouble within the Labour party factions, that was not evident out on the campaign trail. He is good in debates, quick on his remarks. He is a fluent speaker. But during the campaign he was an obvious, and the most important, target for the pro-National spin machine, which was made up of bloggers, some of the paid press -as I am pointing out- National MPs, and party members within their networks. Backed up with plenty of advertising spend from big business, money which was lacking on the Labour side, (im)moral support from Think Tanks, etc.

In any case, I'm still remembering John Key's look just after the "Dirty Politics" book came out. Before he'd organised the façade again. http://www.3news.co.nz/politics/vide...#axzz3LpGeFs8n

Days later, John Key pretends he doesn't know anything about Jason Ede's current position as an employee of the National Party. By then, Jason Ede had already been let go, on the quiet. http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/poli...medium=twitter

In a giant effort, someone posting into "The Standard" in July 2014 has compiled a list of the times when John Key has been caught saying something that either was likely to be a lie, was a lie, or was certainly stretching the truth. It's a long post.

http://thestandard.org.nz/open-mike-...comment-847130
    Last edited by elZorro; 14-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.

Like it or not EZ, DC is poison to the labour party. It's not about just his electorate few.

It looks like Labour may start going down the winning path with a change of leader, but I can't see Matt C moving too far from trying to appease the the unioniosts
    Excuse the grog

Oh, and everybody that reads the standard, votes left. Nobody will ever read that and change their voting preference. You do know that,huh?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by slimwin View Post
    Oh, and everybody that reads the standard, votes left. Nobody will ever read that and change their voting preference. You do know that,huh?
    I guess it's a bit like expecting most readers of the Whaleoil blog will vote National/Act, Slimwin. I don't spend any time on The Standard except when a google search takes me there. I'm more interested in finding stats to back up my argument about the relatively poor performance of the National govt.

In this case a list of lies/fibs far longer than your arm points out the general gist of how John Key behaves, and National voters accept that/are amused by it/don't care/don't know what's going on.

I agree that because of his clean record and effort so far in the leadership, Andrew Little is doing very well. Maybe now Labour has another good solid base to work from, but they should never have needed to go through so many leaders. The polls were rigged by bloggers and misinformation, and they acted on the polls when they didn't need to, several times.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The polls were rigged by bloggers and misinformation, and they acted on the polls when they didn't need to, several times.
    el Z, drinking on a Sunday morning isn't appropriate. Sober up before posting please.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I guess it's a bit like expecting most readers of the Whaleoil blog will vote National/Act, Slimwin. I don't spend any time on The Standard except when a google search takes me there. I'm more interested in finding stats to back up my argument about the relatively poor performance of the National govt.

In this case a list of lies/fibs far longer than your arm points out the general gist of how John Key behaves, and National voters accept that/are amused by it/don't care/don't know what's going on.

I agree that because of his clean record and effort so far in the leadership, Andrew Little is doing very well. Maybe now Labour has another good solid base to work from, but they should never have needed to go through so many leaders. The polls were rigged by bloggers and misinformation, and they acted on the polls when they didn't need to, several times.
    Don't let paranoia ruin your Christmas eZ. Take a break. Have a Kit-Kat.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    FP
    I think John Key needs a Kit Kat and a relaxing holiday.I (almost) feel sorry for him.
    I am reasonably certain that he will resign as leader in late 2016/early 2017. The media, I believe, have turned on him.He will sniff the political wind and go.

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    FP
    I think John Key needs a Kit Kat and a relaxing holiday.I (almost) feel sorry for him.
    I am reasonably certain that he will resign as leader in late 2016/early 2017. The media, I believe, have turned on him.He will sniff the political wind and go.

Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas
    I doubt that Key will resign, but Labour looks like they have finally found a leader, and he appears to understand their policy problems. Not only that but he's showing a more pragmatic side than he ever displayed before. All that is good, not just for Labour, but for government in general. Labour over the last few years has provided no opposition. Now they just might. He's pleasantly surprised me so far. His big challenge will be to unite the party.

Best wishes to you too. Being a fanatical Beatle fan from way back, I regularly play their CDs. Next time I drag Sgt. Pepper out, my thoughts will be with Sharetrader's Sgt P.

No self respecting cat would be found anywhere near EZ.....besides EZ is probably more of a chihuahua wah wah type. That's a new sub variety specifically bred for annoyingly persistent and incessant yapping.
    Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BIRMANBOY View Post
    No self respecting cat would be found anywhere near EZ.....besides EZ is probably more of a chihuahua wah wah type. That's a new sub variety specifically bred for annoyingly persistent and incessant yapping.
    Where's a moderator when you want one? Another gem of a post from BB (Bully boy?) At least I'm speaking the truth mate.