sharetrader
Page 693 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 1935936436836896906916926936946956966977037437931193 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    El Zorro, that's not quite correct. He says he knew in December when he starting seeing things in the paper so that's well past the election.
    However Anne Tolly minister of police at the time refuses to answer the question if she knew. If she didn't why wouldn't she just say so?
    OK, I might have not listened to the whole interview Daytr. It does seem like the whole of Northland knows about the allegations by now, and it seems to be filtering down to the Waikato too. This no doubt has an effect on the voting up there.

It looks to me like the National side of the vote on ipredict is lacking at the moment. They are not putting up any cash because, well, they know they have already lost the by-election. They're not that crazy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 19-03-2015 at 07:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post

to westerly..... here is a link to my old school.... i admit the fence is not 10 ft tall but they do have a "contraband" check point
    controlled by the cops..... as it was all those years ago when i was there...... but then some might dispute the google camara.
    and i have mentioned the school i went to many times in other threads.
    https://www.google.co.nz/maps/@-37.0...8o8xrHOdcw!2e0

not sure the link will work.... so the school is james cook high school in manurewa.
    the school actually gave me a good education, with lots of help from my parents....
    so the school is not blame for the districts issues..... it seems to be the parents.

from now on i will refrain to IMHO
    cheers guys
    The fence looks about the same as the primary school's one down the road. Not sure if it is to keep the kids in or the public out.
    Agree with you on the parents as far as issues go but they seem to happen these days not just in the poorer areas.
    Intrigued by the check point.

westerly

Well 1) I'm not a lefty & 2) as I was living overseas for the reign of Helen Clark so I didn't think I was in a position of authority to comment.
    But by no means does it suggest I just accept your broad sweeping statements were down to Clark, when most of the things you mention were also happening in every other part of the Western world.
    I'll tell you one thing, their was great respect for Helen Clark in Australia.
    But like most 3rd termer she & as we are seeing with Key, think they are invincible & don't have to listen anymore & become more dictatorial & that's typically their downfall. Muldoon was the same.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

I went to school in paradise, probably accounts for my rosy demeanor .
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

i grew up in a south auckalnd area that was not as nice as the European community that my parents immigrated from in the early 70's
    but they did what they thought was best for the family.... i have been back to my birth place as an adult and i still think that my folks made the right choice.
    as an adult, i know i live in paradise, but then, i was lucky to a fair education and enough nouse to move into the rural district i live in now.
    but it still saddens me to drive through manurewa and see the dispair...... but i also recognize that it is Not the governments fault..... left or right wing.
    I will say though.... someone has to stop what is happening to our poorer communities..... and i can say IMHO that the left and right wing of politics
    have it wrong over soo many years.
    One party wants to dish out wads of cash, the other wants to stymin the benefit cash flow.

One day in the future, our poor communities will have targeted help........ this means crims get punished for real, the local folks can walk down the street safely,
    and those that wish to succeed get the chance, and the lazy are encourage.

I was raised to believe that welfare was a backstop or a support mechanism for those that fell off the path or hit a bump in their lifes journey.
    in todays world welfare is a career for many or an optional extra depending on how some approach the welfare system.
    is this fair...... no...... is one or the other political party to blame...... no....
    it needs a unity of all parties to end or at least reverse what is happening.
    otherwise...... the gap will continue to grow bigger, and the opposing views of those interested in politics will also grow wider.

the center is where people shake hands.

Well said NeopoleII !
    I am actually trying to launch a targeted program here in the North, but it will need supporting from both sides of politics.

EZ .....iPredict has Winston (or other than Nat or Lab) at 77% probability of winning ....with odds shortening every day.

Sure thing by the looks of it, maybe craic has been doing a bit of laying off.
    Last edited by winner69; 19-03-2015 at 09:33 PM.

Really! I think if you went by social media up here you would think Winnie is a shoe in, but then a lot of National voters are older as well who don't use social media, so difficult to tell. Come on Super Winnie ! I doubt anyone has ever overturned that sort of majority in NZ political history.

Prediction markets with real money at stake usually right on the mark

It's all Winston

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?d...olor=%23FFFFFF
    Last edited by winner69; 19-03-2015 at 10:02 PM.

Advanced Member

I don't have to lay off - If I put money on the table I consider it lost at that point. That is the only way to gamble. You pay for the game and if you win, then you can enjoy another game. I am looking at a few bob on Mark DuPlesis' mounts on saturday. Couple of loads of firewood, delivered should cover that. Saturday night I'll watch the King of the Maori Cowboys (his name escapes me at the moment) and have a light meal and a couple at the Club. A few G's from spark next month should see me right for a while and go for spending money in Adelaide - but then, National might win so the future is looking brighter by the minute.