sharetrader
Page 780 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 2806807307707767777787797807817827837847908308801280 ... LastLast
Results 7,791 to 7,800 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    But then again Key and the Nats could warm to him ....that would sure themselves a job forever
    Actually - I think the only way for the Greens to ever have a say in the house is if they open up to right and centre and are capable to work with both sides. This would give them some leverage for whatever side they negotiate with. As long as the only way they can think is left, so long the Labour party will take them for granted and the Nats will ignore them. As well - there is only so much voter potential on the left side of the spectrum. Lose - lose (for Green and Labour), though I am sure the Nats are enjoying a political one-eyed Green party - this makes sure that Nat can govern forever commanding the votes of Centre and Right.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

You Nat supporters are very quiet in regards Sheepgate. This appears to be out and out bribery by a cabinet minister & with the knowledge of the PM.
    They have already lied about the reason for the payments trying to blame Labor for banning live sheep exports.
    Do you just keep supporting party no matter what they do? How often they lie & I'm not just talking broke promises, but outright lies & now what appears corruption. Its not the first time either, with Collins conflicts of interest etc. The dodgy John Banks scandals, Key's great mate. The sacking of a young MP for abusing a waitress, Maurice Williamson, Mark Sabin the list goes on. Has there been a governing party in NZs history littered with so much scandal let alone illegal behavior. What sort of example does this set for our children if we condone this behavior by electing them.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

I got up at six this morning, had breakfast, went up on the hill and worked 'till my chainsaw fell apart and came down for a coffee before we go out. Daytr you seem to have spent your time trying to make mountains out of molehills that would discredit the party that you so dislike. Troubleis, they remain molehills in the view of the electors who are concerned with other aspects of the country's politics. People are happy, for the most part, content with the present management. Even when you line up your molehills at the next election, there will not be enough elevation to raise Winston and the Labour hopefuls to the height they feel they deserve.

Amazing that you term corruption as a mole hill.
    You are right of course we should remain ignorant & turn a blind eye.

It only took 5 mins to run through the highlights of National's illegal, corrupt & immoral behavior as all of the above mentioned is within the last few yeas.

I actually spent the rest of my time doing similar, but used an axe. ;-)
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

DayTr is making it up and multiplying it by 10 as he goes along. Gosh, no-one ever knew Banks and Key were "great mates" as one example. How often do they socialize? He's got a handful of minor cases all of them punished by demotion from the Cabinet and/or from Parliament which is just what you would expect. There's also a string of similar and worse cases from Labour if he'd like to exercise his very selective memory. We could start with Darren Hughes for example, a Minister outside Cabinet, who so lost the plot that a man was then seen running down the road without any clothes on to escape a homosexual assault from Hughes. One or two physical assaults from Trevor Mallard. Then there was the double dealing and lies surrounding millionaire Owen Glenn who now backs National as a result. I'm sure there's a number more which people can mention...so I don't have to....
    Clean your act up DayTr, Dirty Politics has been tried already and the voters voted against it so that Labour went backwards.
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 31-05-2015 at 03:05 PM.

Name one thing I have made up? Have you already forgotten the Tea Tapes scandal that John Key refused to release?
    Key & Banks were obviously close, well at least until Banks was charged.
    So what you are saying is that its ok because Labour are equally as bad.
    Not that I'm a Labour supporter, something its taking you a while to wake up to the obvious fact, but 1) I don't think that's the case & 2) even if they were it doesn't make it any better. Two wrongs don't make a right! In fact all it means is that standards in general are steadily slipping.
    Seeing you are so keen on hyperbole, what else have I exaggerated? Let alone by a factor of 10!
    Isn't that a prime example of an oxymoron, exaggerating how much I have exaggerated.

The reason it was a scandal was that a left wing reporter deliberately placed a tape recording device to overhear a private conversation. He should have served some prison time for that. There is no scandal in two private individuals meeting in a café for what should be a private conversation.

Then there was paintergate where Helen Clark signed a painting she had not painted and then connived in selling it off as her work. Then there was the incident where she urged her driver to deliberately break the speed restrictions by miles to get where she wanted to go. Moral corruption in the Labour Party has a long history, right back at least to Warren Freer in the 1957-60 Labour Government. All the Labour MPs had to dig heavily into their own pockets to try to save him from bankruptcy while he fled to Communist China for some time to avoid due process.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    DayTr is making it up and multiplying it by 10 as he goes along. Gosh, no-one ever knew Banks and Key were "great mates" as one example. How often do they socialize? He's got a handful of minor cases all of them punished by demotion from the Cabinet and/or from Parliament which is just what you would expect. There's also a string of similar and worse cases from Labour if he'd like to exercise his very selective memory. We could start with Darren Hughes for example, a Minister outside Cabinet, who so lost the plot that a man was then seen running down the road without any clothes on to escape a homosexual assault from Hughes. One or two physical assaults from Trevor Mallard. Then there was the double dealing and lies surrounding millionaire Owen Glenn who now backs National as a result. I'm sure there's a number more which people can mention...so I don't have to....
    Clean your act up DayTr, Dirty Politics has been tried already and the voters voted against it so that Labour went backwards.
    You forgot the big one MVT,a MP (Minister outside Cabinet?) sentenced to a lengthy prison sentence for " threatening the foundations of democracy and justice" according to the Judge. Surprisingly, Daytr forgot to mention this, despite it being a fairly recent event.
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/crim...-for-six-years

I will await the full story on McCully´s actions before jumping to conclusions. I don´t like what I´ve seen so far. Sadly not the only mess left by Labour.

I didn't forget anything & MVT & others are so one eyed they think that what National MPs, have done is ok, as Labor has done similar.
    What makes me laugh is everything appears to be so left or right & it doesn't seem to matter to many of you if its actually right or wrong.
    Better to blame someone else as long as Labour don't get a look in!
    Quite ridiculous if you ask me.
    I don't care if they are left or right, if they have integrity & good policy then let it be congratulated & if they break the law or outright lie then they have to go.

Iceman, are you really suggesting McCully's actions were anything to do with Labour? If so what?
    McCully has already made up a cock & bull story to blame Labour that has been proven false.
    Anyone who is Labour or National, it doesn't matter, they don't deserve to hold public office if they flout the law.
    I agree though we need to know more. Like was this a criminal offense & should charges be laid?
    Was the PM aware of what looks like a bribe of a Saudi Official & did he sanction it and should also be investigated.
    If this was a corporate offering bribes of this magnitude to government officials there would be a criminal investigation.
    Last edited by Daytr; 31-05-2015 at 10:54 PM.

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I didn't forget anything & MVT & others are so one eyed they think that what National MPs, have done is ok, as Labor has done similar.
    What makes me laugh is everything appears to be so left or right & it doesn't seem to matter to many of you if its actually right or wrong.
    Better to blame someone else as long as Labour don't get a look in!
    Quite ridiculous if you ask me.
    I don't care if they are left or right, if they have integrity & good policy then let it be congratulated & if they break the law or outright lie then they have to go.

Iceman, are you really suggesting McCully's actions were anything to do with Labour? If so what?
    McCully has already made up a cock & bull story to blame Labour that has been proven false.
    Anyone who is Labour or National, it doesn't matter, they don't deserve to hold public office if they flout the law.
    I agree though we need to know more. Like was this a criminal offense & should charges be laid?
    Was the PM aware of what looks like a bribe of a Saudi Official & did he sanction it and should also be investigated.
    If this was a corporate offering bribes of this magnitude to government officials there would be a criminal investigation.
    Like I said Daytr, I would like all the facts before I try to make up my mind. Those facts includes what if any promises or undertakings were made by this Government or the last to this gentleman, before he invested tens of millions of $ in NZ.
    My news service where I am at present is rather unreliable so I am sure I am not getting all the info that has been in the media.

Loved you saying others are one eyed Classic.