sharetrader
Page 849 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3497497998398458468478488498508518528538598999491349 ... LastLast
Results 8,481 to 8,490 of 16077

I think NZ Labour needs a system like the UK so people like me can pay $6 and vote for the next Labour leader after Andrew Little. So if someone will tell me who is the most left wing NZLP MP I'll vote for him/her :-). It's a fail safe way for Labour to lose the next election :-)

Advanced Member

Do a little bit of world travel - you will soon see that is one of the cleanest greenest counties you will find. If you really want to know what pollution is, try crossing a street in Bankok at rush hour. I can think of a hundred examples but just walking outside Auckland international and taking a deep breath quickly reminds e that I am home to a clean green place.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I think NZ Labour needs a system like the UK so people like me can pay $6 and vote for the next Labour leader after Andrew Little. So if someone will tell me who is the most left wing NZLP MP I'll vote for him/her :-). It's a fail safe way for Labour to lose the next election :-)
    just join a union, Major - and you are in
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    I think from memory you can go to the Labour party website and join up as a member... about $10 per month or something...or $60pa if you are on plenty.... along those lines. Gives you the right to vote after they changed their system a while back.

https://www.labourparty.org.nz/join
    Last edited by blackcap; 13-08-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Legend

MVT, we'd be delighted to have you on board as a VFL member, remember Labour is a party that wants to look like most of NZ. So we welcome diversity..

But don't think Andrew Little is going anywhere, he'll need to stay on until well past 2017, no matter what.

I can't help thinking that if National wanted to hang onto Solid Energy, they could. After all, they'll be making taxes out of those employees, and if they go on the dole they'll be costing taxpayers money. A 5% loan for $300mill is just $15mill a year, and who knows what'll happen to the coal price in future. Compare this to the $885mill on offer to about 50 big tech companies for R&D grants. Or the money ($2bill) IRD will spend on their new software. National is spitting the dummy, if they can't sell off part of Solid Energy for some net cash, they'll have a firesale anyway. It is hard though, to think about what could be done with coal, that's clean and green. Fonterra's still using coal in some of their factories.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/farm...cale-coal-user
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-08-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Yep I have travelled extensively and I agree NZ is a lot greener than most places, as I said we haven't had as long to stuff it up, but the way we are going we will end up just like them. Too many people for the infrastructure & more clearing of land, more species becoming endangered or extinct.
    All I'm saying is lets protect what we have, at the moment we are doing a very poor job at that, in fact in many cases we are endangering what we have and our international 100% pure image. It doesn't really go hand in hand with mining & fossil fuel production strangely enough. You would think a guys who ran sales for a major merchant bank might understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Do a little bit of world travel - you will soon see that is one of the cleanest greenest counties you will find. If you really want to know what pollution is, try crossing a street in Bankok at rush hour. I can think of a hundred examples but just walking outside Auckland international and taking a deep breath quickly reminds e that I am home to a clean green place.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    Ah westerly, just help us to understand what you are saying.

I pointed out that PPTA is bullying Junior teachers who happen to work for charter schools. They are trying to prevent them from completing their requirements for teachers registration just due to them working on schools the PPTA is opposing for purely ideological reasons. Shows that they are not interested in the quality of teaching nor in the well being of students. Ugly union bosses just concerned about their left wing ideology and about getting more power for themselves.

You posted in response an article claiming that a charter school bought an apparently expensive waka for their students. I say apparently because i don't know the going rate for wakas. Maybe the money was a donation given to the school only for this purpose? Who knows, but even if the story is confirmed, do I fail to see why this justifies the PPTA to try to prevent basically all junior teachers starting at charter schools to gain registration with bullying tactics?

Difficult to understand for any right minded person, so I assume you need to be very "left minded" to see the logic behind it. Can you just help us to understand why it is o.k in your view that PPTA is bullying junior teachers to achieve ideological goals?
    Ah BP, perhaps if you choose to ignore the up to 4 times funding per student at charter schools compared with what state schools get you can be excused for not seeing why teachers are a little upset.
    National throwing money at an ACT policy to keep on side with the extreme right.
    Are Charter schools are not capable of training teachers ? The PPTA admit the policy is discriminatory
    but bullying? Perhaps the charter school should have advised their new recruit of the policy?
    And a waka for teaching navigation – If it goes off shore I hope they are wearing life jackets.
    And if you have to qualify an argument with “ any right minded person “ you have lost before you start.
    westerly

Apparently even the business community has had enough of John Key however it doesn't get any better they want Paula Bennett to replace him! LOL
    Paula Bennett! I couldn't believe it! If anyone besides Mike Sabin lost them Northland she was pretty close to being a catalyst. Every time she opened her mouth she got someone offside. I must admit I thought they may go for Crusher. Either way if Key's time is up, so I would suggest is Nationals. I can't stand Key, but he is a leader, but just leading NZ in the wrong direction.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/pol...y-replacement/
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Apparently even the business community has had enough of John Key however it doesn't get any better they want Paula Bennett to replace him! LOL
    Paula Bennett! I couldn't believe it! If anyone besides Mike Sabin lost them Northland she was pretty close to being a catalyst. Every time she opened her mouth she got someone offside. I must admit I thought they may go for Crusher. Either way if Key's time is up, so I would suggest is Nationals. I can't stand Key, but he is a leader, but just leading NZ in the wrong direction.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/pol...y-replacement/
    Daytr, we should talk up Paula Bennett, see how they like it. I find it very hard to see John Key as a leader. He's smart, very quick on the uptake, but how has he used those skills? Mainly to keep Labour in the doldrums, with dirty politics and facile behaviour in the house. I can't think of any useful policy he's behind, I don't really know where he stands on anything, he's the invisible or Clayton's leader.

That's why I quite like Winston's new momentum - if I could be sure he has a bottom line on most things, and I knew he wasn't going to side with Act or National (which would be in complete contrast with his attitudes at the moment), then I reckon a Labour coalition will take the next election. National will be out cooling their heels, and John Key will be looking for a new hobby. Bill will be looking after the farm. NZ will carry on without them, and more than likely, the economy will improve. This will be a real improvement, not one bolstered by immigration.

Funny I thought slavery was illegal in NZ, well National with their zero hours contracts were pretty close to re-instigating it. This is a very good reason why you need strong unions. How could anyone imagine that having workers on call at the whim of employers without any guarantee of hours of work wouldn't be abused (well its not abuse I suppose if its allowed) or is some how fair. National are fixing, well partially at least, another one of their ill thought out policies that have come back to smack the in the nose. Its a pity that some workers will have already suffered due to this Victorian style industrial relations policy.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/n...ectid=11496840