sharetrader
Page 857 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3577578078478538548558568578588598608618679079571357 ... LastLast
Results 8,561 to 8,570 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Sorry, el Z. Try as you might, you can't make a sows ear out of a silk purse - unless, of course, You're a Labour Party Government.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Sorry, el Z. Try as you might, you can't make a sows ear out of a silk purse - unless, of course, You're a Labour Party Government.
    Craic, I could make my setup look fairly flash if I just borrowed heaps against previous hard-won capital gains, but like many others outside the dairying sector for the last few years, I didn't feel the timing was good. Some dairying people are now starting to feel the pinch, and although this govt can borrow a lot more from future taxpayers without looking too out of step with the rest of the world, they cannot even balance their own books without doing that, unlike the Labour govt that preceeded them.

This borrowing has enabled them to massage their publications and marketing, massage the press, stupify the public and voters. All the standard charts from Stats NZ show the damage to the general economy from National's policies, compared to Labour's terms. Big business in the private sector is probably going fine. Who else is?

Who's defending Roy Morgan? No-one! From the moment they carpet bagged in from Australia only a few years ago their results have favoured Labour more than any other poll!

My advice to you EZ, is the old rugby chant when a team won and some one eyed scribe bagged it for winning ugly....Look at the scoreboard! Look at the scoreboard!

And I see in the UK where the left has been busy engineering the leader vote, that the moderate Labour MPs (who are in the vast majority) say they will depose Corbyn as soon as the House meets afterwards! And Corbyn is now busy telling more fibs....that he never met a Moslem leader!

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Who's defending Roy Morgan? No-one! From the moment they carpet bagged in from Australia only a few years ago their results have favoured Labour more than any other poll!

My advice to you EZ, is the old rugby chant when a team won and some one eyed scribe bagged it for winning ugly....Look at the scoreboard! Look at the scoreboard!

And I see in the UK where the left has been busy engineering the leader vote, that the moderate Labour MPs (who are in the vast majority) say they will depose Corbyn as soon as the House meets afterwards! And Corbyn is now busy telling more fibs....that he never met a Moslem leader!
    Hey MVT - Corbyn a fan of the Levellers ideas - John Lilburne way back in the 17th century

Seems there may be a bit of this in NZ Labour as well

http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...P=share_btn_tw
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

Have a look at the headline in Hawkes Bay Today - bottom of the Herald front page - Everything is booming here, and Aucklanders pushing up the house prices. Try as you might you can't stop the flow And all the Labour halos are in the minds of their disciples.

A retired family friend has just bought down your way, had been living in the UK virtually cost free (except for entertainment travel expenses etc). She sold up before she went as she did not know how long she would be away and her investments back here obviously did not keep up with Auckland house prices, hence the move to your city craic. Bought a reasonable 3 bedroom home, with a bit of change left over.
    Could be down that way with the family over Xmas to stay!

The best/only time to read The Guardian - they did have an interesting article recently that Kazakhstan had left Putin's orbit which I hadn't realized - is after the Left has lost a General Election. Then they are all busy twisting and turning and biting each other. Never read The Guardian so much as since the last General Election in the UK :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    The best/only time to read The Guardian - they did have an interesting article recently that Kazakhstan had left Putin's orbit which I hadn't realized - is after the Left has lost a General Election. Then they are all busy twisting and turning and biting each other. Never read The Guardian so much as since the last General Election in the UK :-)
    Labour a mess over there eh MVT

Amazing how much influence that guy Blair (thinks he) has

Labour NZ still don't appear to have agreed amongst themselves what they stand for yet. And its only 24 months to the next election
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Advanced Member

The influx of a zillion refugees will waltz the right of British politics into power. Will have the same effect in other European countries.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    The influx of a zillion refugees will waltz the right of British politics into power. Will have the same effect in other European countries.
    That issue is definitely getting a lot of air time in the UK, none of it positive. They are not refugees unless confirmed as such, though. They are illegal migrants until then. Looks like migrants from Syria are getting priority treatment in Europe.