sharetrader
Page 880 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3807808308708768778788798808818828838848909309801380 ... LastLast
Results 8,791 to 8,800 of 16077

Its not my description of Sheepgate its the view of many & the Auditor General doesn't investigate "a storm in a tea cup". However if you think corruption in politics is nothing to be concerned about that says more about you than anything else.
    Its not like McCully doesn't have form!

I don't know if the flag change will fail or not, I hope it does.
    So again you don't seem concerned that Key will have squandered $26M of tax payer money on a vanity project.

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Who cares? What a storm in a tea-cup. Hyperbole, just like your description of "Sheepgate" which the voters have shown in several polls they are not interested in.

The flag change will fail, beaten by an unusual combination of the right wing of the National Party/RSA, the Labour Party and Greens plus apathy and inertia.

You should have a little lie down with a nice cup of tea.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Veteran novice

Not strictly "If National wins......."

- but I couldn't resist posting the link to this photo!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...jobs-boys.html

Who cares? What a storm in a tea-cup. Hyperbole, just like your description of "Sheepgate" which the voters have shown in several polls they are not interested in.

The flag change will fail, beaten by an unusual combination of the right wing of the National Party/RSA, the Labour Party and Greens plus apathy and inertia.

You should have a little lie down with a nice cup of tea.
    It is true that Sheepgate may not be on the mind of voters Major. That observation is of no consequence. The fact is that Sheepgate is very actively on the mind of the Auditor General. Who knows where her investigation may lead to. Serious Fraud Office/ Police investigation ?? Should that be the case I look forward to you defending the indefensible.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 15-09-2015 at 11:06 AM.

You think so?? Well I was in the Territorials for 14 years (Artillery) and I cant say there is much enthusiasm for John Keys vanity project that I can detect

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Don't overestimate the role of the RSA in this debate. Most successful RSA's now have a small core of Returned/Service members and masses of social members - that was the only way to survive and as an active member, Service, I am sure that many like me are happy with a change from the pseudo Australian flag.

Craic
    You think so? Are you really sure? I was in the Territorial Army for 13 years (Artillery) and I can detect no enthusiasm for John Keys $26million vanity project at all.

Do people think Tony Abbot will be entitled to a substantial refund from Mark Textor this morning? Makes you think what sort of refund John may get in 2017 or earlier.

I am concerned that Key is squandering $26 million on a putative flag change but in the grand scheme of things it's a tiny drop in a large bucket.

And compared to Labour's tax more, borrow more, spend more....

He has been, and is, and will continue to be, an excellent PM with (which really infuriates Labour) the common touch and I'm glad to see that Malcolm Turnbull wants to emulate him and thinks he has been an excellent PM.

You are confused MVT & for a so called economist not knowing when Government debt is rising or falling & who was responsible I would say is a fairly Major failing... (see what I did there?... )

Labour reduced Government debt, National have trebled it.
    National have broken their own record for consecutive deficits.

Tax, more, borrow more & spend more.
    You should be happy as its obviously what you want, as that's what National have done for the last seven years straight!

Key does have a touch, but its typically young girls ponytails he can't keep his hands off.

I am concerned that Key is squandering $26 million on a putative flag change but in the grand scheme of things it's a tiny drop in a large bucket.

And compared to Labour's tax more, borrow more, spend more....

He has been, and is, and will continue to be, an excellent PM with (which really infuriates Labour) the common touch and I'm glad to see that Malcolm Turnbull wants to emulate him and thinks he has been an excellent PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Closer to the next election I intend to offer substantial wagers on John Key remaining in parliament AND winning the next election. This based on the reality that JK is the most popular leader in the country and that his party is seen as the most effective in NZ and is envied in much of the western world, particularly where JK is often seen as an example to follow. Now I know, Daytr that this makes your blood boil, but backing losers all the time is very bad for your health and derision of the Major and others will not help. (Disclosure. Made fifteen dollars on the horses on Sunday and last night got a ring to tell us that we had won tickets to RNZ Ballet's A Midsummers Nights Dream).

One should read this - this is hilarious, I'm still laughing!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-revealed.html