sharetrader
Page 888 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3887888388788848858868878888898908918928989389881388 ... LastLast
Results 8,871 to 8,880 of 16077
    Guru

Sounds like a pompous so and so. "Will tolerate people eating meat" WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Something along the lines of "% of Labour voters in favour of Corbyn 25%; % of Labour voters against Corbyn 28%; Don't know/Don't care/A plague on all Your Houses/He's not Left Wing Enough 47%, answer a negative rating of minus 3....

I think the answer is probably contained in this Daily Mail quote "Only 33% say Jeremy Corbyn is doing well compared to 36% who say badly
    From Michael Foot to Ed Miliband, all Labour leaders have started off better
    Corbyn seen as more honest but Cameron is judged a more capable leader
    Reveals he has been trying out using an autocue to improve speeches
    Vegetarian MP says he 'tolerates' people eating meat in front of him"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3mid2y0ww
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    Cameron is rated -10, the Govt is rated -16, Cameron 42% satisfied, 52% not satisfied, Govt. satisfied 38%, 54% not satisfied.
    Corbyn has better ratings.
    Hard for the left to counter the negative attack from the right.

westerly

The Left had their chance at the last General Election and got done.

You know, I know and everyone knows it's General Elections that count not polls.

You know, I know and everyone knows that if there was another General Election right now that Cameron would triumph by even more regardless of the specious polls you quoted.

The Left had their chance at the last General Election and got done.

You know, I know and everyone knows it's General Elections that count not polls.

You know, I know and everyone knows that if there was another General Election right now that Cameron would triumph by even more regardless of the specious polls you quoted.
    Major
    You wont have to worry about David Cameron after 2019
    Before the last election, the Prime Minister said that, were he to be returned to Downing Street, whilst he intended to serve a “full” second term in office, he would not seek a third term.

Likewise John Key he will have bailed to greener pastures, probably a diplomatic posting.

I think you need to look back at Kiwi Keith Holyoake to see what John Key will do as John Key clearly intends to beat him, use him as his marker. It wasn't until Keith Holyoake had won 4 elections in a row that he began to consider retirement and that wasn't immediately!

I think you need to look back at Kiwi Keith Holyoake to see what John Key will do as John Key clearly intends to beat him, use him as his marker. It wasn't until Keith Holyoake had won 4 elections in a row that he began to consider retirement and that wasn't immediately!
    Major, I cant agree
    remember the old observation about the nature of politics. Those who sit opposite you are your opponents, your enemies are those who sit beside and behind you.
    Those in the National caucus, the young and ambitious will not tolerate the John Key show having repeat screenings. Why? they are ambitious and most are not stupid. This political calculation is based on the obvious conclusion that when they are out of power it will be at least six years before they have any hope of being back in government. So Paula Bennett, Simon Bridges, and Michael Woodhouse are acutely aware of this. Believe me they don't want John Key in power for another 5 years, otherwise they will miss their political window of opportunity and it will be too late. If he doesn't go he will be pushed.

Advanced Member

An assumption from the left of centre if ever there was one. I imagine that the office of Prime Minister is not one that attracts many people. As to pushing him out, they would all be aware that that would be a dangerous ploy and success would likely lose the treasury benches for the party and the plotters would be on the next bonfire. In fact it's straight out of the Labour Party Manual of Instructions for members who wish to lead the party.

Well Shipley did it to Bolger & then lost the election.
    Shipley having the honor of being the first woman PM, what a disgrace.
    Clarke I suppose has the record of being the only woman PM to be elected.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

The prediction website has John Key at 70% likely to step down as National Party Leader during 2017. The odds don't seem to be changing.

https://www.ipredict.co.nz/app.php?do=browse&cat=1
    Last edited by elZorro; 28-09-2015 at 07:37 AM.

Legend

Bernard Hickey on immigration effects on the economy. It's not all good.

http://www.interest.co.nz/opinion/77...September+2015

My interest in this, is that it has been a very good way for National to mask a relatively poorly performing economy. Let's just indent some activity, but at the cost of more unemployed NZers. Therefore we have more people than ever being employed (which the govt never ceases to remind us of), and yet we also have more unemployed too. Taxpayers are paying for that.