sharetrader
Page 893 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 3937938438838898908918928938948958968979039439931393 ... LastLast
Results 8,921 to 8,930 of 16077
    Veteran novice

Relax, Daytr. I know we 4.5m Kiwis are special but we'll find out the details in due course, along with the other 800m lesser mortals from other countries.
    NZ was never going to get "enough" on the dairy front - but it's a start to have concluded a first, albeit limited deal with several important trading partners.

Re TPPA, NBR has the breakdowns on savings by industry. Those who complaint about TPPA not being good enough might just want to read those savings on tariffs alone. Of course those red in the face might still want to see the details so they can complain some more later on.

Yep it's a significant plus over what we would have had if we had stayed out.

I look forward to Jane Kelsey belatedly giving some overdue attention to her students instead of being a full time pointless agitator.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Yep it's a significant plus over what we would have had if we had stayed out.

I look forward to Jane Kelsey belatedly giving some overdue attention to her students instead of being a full time pointless agitator.
    MVT, does that mean that you realise she knows what she's talking about? Makes her arguments difficult to put down I guess.
    Last edited by elZorro; 06-10-2015 at 09:44 PM.

Well I would suggest due course was before an irreversible or an unchangeable deal was signed. But that's just me wanting a transparent democracy.
    In the States they will now have 60 days of open debate before perhaps voting to pass it into law.
    I love the way they say Kiwis wont be paying anything more for medications because the government will subsidise any increase.
    Who do they think funds Pharmac! Our taxes.

Happy to wait for more details as all we have been allowed to hear so far is the spin from those who have a vested interest.

I did hear a comment that the government will no longer be able to veto foreign purchases of land from any of the included countries...
    Great!

Perhaps if those who did complain RGR367 kept the government on their toes and helped ensure it wasn't "as bad as it could have been" to quote the Herald.

If it works out well for NZ, great, but our biggest exporter isn't saying that are they.

As the saying goes, the devil will be in the detail.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Relax, Daytr. I know we 4.5m Kiwis are special but we'll find out the details in due course, along with the other 800m lesser mortals from other countries.
    NZ was never going to get "enough" on the dairy front - but it's a start to have concluded a first, albeit limited deal with several important trading partners.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

From the Greens today, they asked people to share it around.

https://www.facebook.com/nzgreenpart...type=2&theater

Jane Kelsey: for MVT.

http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/PO151...-tppa-deal.htm
    Last edited by elZorro; 06-10-2015 at 09:43 PM.

Legend

Rodney Hide had an article about Judith Collins recently. He reckons she'd be keen to try for the top job, but his conclusion was that she wouldn't have the numbers... not now anyway.

Crusher throwing her hat in the ring
    The tom-toms are beating and, as incredible as it may sound, around National Party campfires the leadership of New Zealand’s most popular Prime Minister is being questioned.

Key is keen on running up a new flag. Collins wants to stick with our old one. Key is keen on polling. Collins is dismissive. “Sometimes I think you have just got to stand for something,” she wrote in a column contemptuous of present-day vanilla politics.

National members naturally wonder why they are winning elections only to implement Labour Party policy, especially when it involves dumping the flag under which Kiwis have fought and died and that has united our country for generations. It is fertile ground on which to sow discontent, especially among diehard supporters.
    Collins is setting herself apart. She is the only National MP to have a political brand distinct from the present Key-led party. That’s no mean achievement.
    Look at what a bit of colour can do. OK, I think it's been photoshopped too. But there is that nasty streak in the Nats, can't deny it. Remember this?

http://liberation.typepad.com/libera...nd-racism.html
    Last edited by elZorro; 07-10-2015 at 07:28 AM.

National already on the attack blaming Labour for this, that & the other thing re Trade deals.
    If they are resorting to blaming a party that has been in power for 7 years & a deal they have negotiated shows how desperate they are.
    NZ cannot stop member countries of the TPPA buying property in NZ, however apparently Australia has maintained their rules around foreign investors.
    NZ sold to the highest bidder. Just great National.
    They were so desperate to get a deal signed they have signed a deal that compromises NZs current ability to govern in the best interests of New Zealanders.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

I agree Daytr, that area about foreign ownership looks to be the one we need a lot more detail on, it is just opening the country up for a fire sale anytime the economy dips. There's just not enough investment money floating around in NZ for bigger businesses and properties.

Veteran novice

You've read Jane Kelsey's view on the outcome of the TPPA deal. Here's Charles Finny's.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=11524659