sharetrader
Page 906 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 40680685689690290390490590690790890991091695610061406 ... LastLast
Results 9,051 to 9,060 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Ditto to above, although I think Paula Bennett would leave Sim0on Bridges in the dust. I think she'll be next National leader.
    I don't believe Judith Collins should be written off. She has appeal to those in the National Party who are somewhat disappointed by the lack of action on what they perceive as important issues and what John Key refuses to engage with for fear, real or imagined, of losing support. The agenda:

ACC privatisation'
    Significant Industrial Law Reform
    Rolling back Working For Families'
    Flat Tax Rate/tax reform
    Increasing age of entitlement to NZ Superannuation
    Reintroduction of interest on Student Loans
    Ending Kiwisaver employer subsidy.
    Increased Defence spending
    Sell Kiwibank
    Sell remaining shares in MRP, Genesis, etc

None of the above, much to their dismay, will ever occur during John Keys tenure. They are in effect becalmed in the balmy seas "Labour Lite" with the stark choice of continuing to vote National, switching to ACT, or not voting at all and keeping their wallets shut when party donations are requested In their advancing years they know they will never see the great days of Roger Douglas again
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 09-11-2015 at 09:56 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    I don't believe Judith Collins should be written off. She has appeal to those in the National Party who are somewhat disappointed by the lack of action on what they perceive as important issues and what John Key refuses to engage with for fear, real or imagined, of losing support. The agenda:

ACC privatisation'
    Flat Tax Rate/tax reform
    Sell Kiwibank

None of the above, much to their dismay, will ever occur during John Keys tenure. They are in effect becalmed in the balmy seas "Labour Lite" with the stark choice of continuing to vote National, switching to ACT, or not voting at all and keeping their wallets shut when party donations are requested In their advancing years they know they will never see the great days of Roger Douglas again
    I didn't realise you were a member of the National party. Congratulations.

Dilettante

ACC privatisation'
    Flat Tax Rate/tax reform
    Sell Kiwibank

I would support about half of this "agenda" but I would not support Judith Collins for Leader. It simply will not happen Sgt Pepper !

I didn't realise you were a member of the National party. Congratulations.
    Not much chance of that FP

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I would support about half of this "agenda" but I would not support Judith Collins for Leader. It simply will not happen Sgt Pepper !
    We shall see. Iceman. National strength is also its greatest weakness. National is like an inverted pyramid, over reliant on John Key. Just thinking the Auditor Generals report must be out soon, Murray McCully must be sweating and keeping his fingers crossed

Legend

Not much chance of that FP
    Then where do you get all this staggering information re 'the agenda', which looks to me no more than a list of topics that have arisen from time to time in various parties?

Then where do you get all this staggering information re 'the agenda', which looks to me no more than a list of topics that have arisen from time to time in various parties?
    FP
    Surely you remember the notorious 2008 pre election gathering of National Party, which was infiltrated. Over wine and cheese, (probably too much wine) in private, senior National Party people disclosed their true aspirations Bill English stated he desired to sell of Kiwibank, but acknowledged probably they would have to "swallow a few dead rats" to stay in power. Kate Wilkinson was promising all manner of things to the Employers groups present This was in stark contrast to what was being disclosed in public. The point I was making was that if I was one of the enthusiastic people present hearing and believing that I would want my money back.

Legend

FP
    Surely you remember the notorious 2008 pre election gathering of National Party, which was infiltrated. Over wine and cheese, (probably too much wine) in private, senior National Party people disclosed their true aspirations Bill English stated he desired to sell of Kiwibank, but acknowledged probably they would have to "swallow a few dead rats" to stay in power. Kate Wilkinson was promising all manner of things to the Employers groups present This was in stark contrast to what was being disclosed in public. The point I was making was that if I was one of the enthusiastic people present hearing and believing that I would want my money back.
    All sorts of party members bend the ear of the big wigs at conferences and so on. And that's not restricted to National; and it hardly constitutes an agenda.

Dilettante

I'm surprised at the silence on here with all the going ons on Christmas Island. Hope daytr didn't go over there to start the riots

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I'm surprised at the silence on here with all the going ons on Christmas Island. Hope daytr didn't go over there to start the riots
    Iceman
    Best to leave it to John Key. Poor Malcolm Turnbull, he must live in fear and trembling of John Key.(not) J K is like a Chihuahua barking at a Mastiff. Although apparently John is constantly on the phone to Australia, to Crosby Textor that is.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 10-11-2015 at 12:31 PM.