sharetrader
Page 909 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 40980985989990590690790890991091191291391995910091409 ... LastLast
Results 9,081 to 9,090 of 16077

Hi Snapper the real non- story is the flag referendum which will be an abject failure. The real story is that John Key's ego has cost the tax payer millions with this folly. I'm not even anti changing the flag, I just think the timing is off and if Key had got the discussion going and left it that I would have commended him for it, as its a worthy discussion. However there is no reason to rush into a change & the way he has hijacked the process is just further evidence of Key not knowing where to draw the line in regards boundaries, conflict of interest and good governance.

QUOTE=Snapper;597365]This is really a non-story, they are a flag consideration committee who are interested in views on what the alternative flag could look like. They quite explicitly state on their website that if you are against changing the flag then vote that way in the second referendum. They aren't ignoring those negative views, they are just not relevant in the context of what they are trying to do, ie come up with a suitable alternative flag.

The problem with opposing everything that this government does, everything they say, everything they do is that it all just becomes noise after a while...[/QUOTE]
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

That conversation between Obama and the Australian Prime Minister, reported in today's Herald, must be the ultimate kick-in-the-guts for the left and particularly for those who see Key as something close to Satan. Ey Daytr? Or will we have another futile attempt to make a Sows Ear out of a Silk Purse. I know politics is a tough game but fancy admitting that you cannot raise enough funds from your own supporters to play the game.

Very funny Craic. Which party are you referring ? I have never said I'm a labour party supporter & I really don't care what Obama or Turnbull said. Obama is a lefty right, you do know that? However he does have to be one of the most disappointing Presidents in modern history. So much hope, so little delivery. Remember his slogan 'yes we can' ? Yes we can what? And its not that he's been bad especially when compared to a Bush, but I think people just hoped for so much more. Although the Republicans have stifled virtually every move he has tried to make in a game of dirty, negative politics. Sounds quite familiar?

I see Key seems to have softened his stance to the NZ detainees & now has a similar stance to Labour. So is he now supporting the murderers & the rapists? What a dick.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Have you ever been wrong Daytr? You hate and malign Key at every turn, even though he is the most popular leader the country has had in a long time. You produce the same dribble on the climate change site when anyone dares to disagree with the stuff you scrape together. I hate to think what a mess you must be in the real world, away from the fantasy world of the internet.

Oh Craic, never shy of getting personal eh. Of course I'm not right about everything, but I also wont let blatantly obviously incorrect things stand. No I don't malign Key at every turn & have at times given him credit, so again your assertion is incorrect. I don't hate the man either, however I don't like the path he is taking NZ down. In a world of sound bites & little substance, I can understand Key's popularity. Unfortunately a lot of people care more about there ever increasing individual wealth more than how others or the environment are impacted. Thanks for your concern, but life is pretty great!

Flag Referendum

eagerly awaiting their arrival in our letterbox. Now what will I do

1. assign said referendum papers to rubbish bin
    2. vote for the ugliest flag (tempting)
    3. write " keep our existing flag" (Winstons advice)

Thank you John for wasting our money(again)

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Flag Referendum

eagerly awaiting their arrival in our letterbox. Now what will I do

1. assign said referendum papers to rubbish bin
    2. vote for the ugliest flag (tempting)
    3. write " keep our existing flag" (Winstons advice)

Thank you John for wasting our money(again)
    I'm not sure why you consider this a waste of money. If the flag changes the resulting international publicity will be massive - far beyond what money thrown at the America's cup could achieve for example.

It will be a waste of money Fungus because the referendum imo will fail miserably and the current flag will remain.
    At least we wont waste as much money as we might have by a rushed change with little debate & thought put into an alternative that would hopefully stand the test of time. As I've said, its a good discussion to have & I hope eventually we will make a change, but not at the whim of one man's ego.

Sgt Pepper I'll be sending it back with a note, "retain the current flag & stop wasting tax payer money".

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    I'm not sure why you consider this a waste of money. If the flag changes the resulting international publicity will be massive - far beyond what money thrown at the America's cup could achieve for example.
    FP
    As I have said previously I, and many others cant understand why any referendum could not have been held at the next general election in 2017. Millions of taxpayers money would have been saved and John Key would have still had his pet project.

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    It will be a waste of money Fungus because the referendum imo will fail miserably and the current flag will remain.
    At least we wont waste as much money as we might have by a rushed change with little debate & thought put into an alternative that would hopefully stand the test of time. As I've said, its a good discussion to have & I hope eventually we will make a change, but not at the whim of one man's ego.

Sgt Pepper I'll be sending it back with a note, "retain the current flag & stop wasting tax payer money".
    Daytr

we all know that if Helen Clark had initiated a flag referendum National would have been criticised it. Usual hypocrisy