sharetrader
Page 91 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 41818788899091929394951011411915911091 ... LastLast

Fungus Pudding How many can he flick before his sale profits become Taxable 10 or more. It is very hard to prove intent
    Possum The Cat

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by POSSUM THE CAT View Post
    Fungus Pudding How many can he flick before his sale profits become Taxable 10 or more. It is very hard to prove intent

I can't understand what you mean. Is trhat a question?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    If Sam Morgan makes a habit of flicking off businesses he will certainly pay tax on sale profits, as I'm sure you know.
    Maybe, but lawyers would advise about that, and it's more often applied to land and buildings, than businesses or shares in businesses.

Some aspects..http://www.thomas.co.nz/co3/articles...nsequences.jsp

Dilettante

From Westpac commentary :
    "With the New Zealand economy the best of a bad bunch, we may see the currency strengthen further through 2013," Westpac said.

The dollar would push up against the Australian currency to the mid-A80 cents range, Westpac said, with the expectation that the New Zealand economy would grow faster than Australia's for the first time in many years."

Lucky we have a good and economically astute and responsible Government EZ

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Maybe, but lawyers would advise about that, and it's more often applied to land and buildings, than businesses or shares in businesses.

Some aspects..http://www.thomas.co.nz/co3/articles...nsequences.jsp
    Rubbish eZ. It certainly applies to business owners and shares and the IRD police that vigorously.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Rubbish eZ. It certainly applies to business owners and shares and the IRD police that vigorously.
    My humble apologies for leading you astray FP. What I meant is that it might take 6 months to tidy up a building and flick it on, a lot longer for a business, and so the latter is more likely to be under the radar, or fitting within capital gain rules, even if several businesses or ventures are being worked on at once. But we don't know what the rules are yet, because no-one is telling us. All I know is, Trademe was within the current rules.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    From Westpac commentary :
    "With the New Zealand economy the best of a bad bunch, we may see the currency strengthen further through 2013," Westpac said.

The dollar would push up against the Australian currency to the mid-A80 cents range, Westpac said, with the expectation that the New Zealand economy would grow faster than Australia's for the first time in many years."

Lucky we have a good and economically astute and responsible Government EZ
    Ha bl...y Ha, Iceman, you got me there. One all? I will try and rebut your post.

Firstly: Westpac used to be my bank, and I would never go there again. They do not have the customer's interests at heart. They only got my custom by buying out Trustbank Waikato, that was a real bank.

More recently, they have been setting themselves up with Federated Farmers so they could sell farmers more SWAP loans, for huge profits. http://straightfurrow.farmonline.co....px?storypage=6

So this navel gazing from Westpac might not be correct, but they'll be saying what they want someone important to hear.

The next part of your post takes this (on the face of it) good news, and makes a wild extrapolation that somehow National's reign has produced that result. Well we've moved from the lowest unemployment rate in the OECD to average unemployment, from strengthening tax take to a lower tax take, people giving up on applying for meagre jobs and retraining or leaving instead, and the government trying to sell off parts of state assets, just to get back into the fiscal surplus that Labour had achieved for years on end.

Labour encouraged jobs, and that resulted in a surplus. National is discouraging jobs by removing them from the public sector wherever it can, and that doesn't help the rest of us. Waged money cycles around, so whatever figures National might produce on savings, aren't that good at all. It's the loss of recycled cashflow that causes the problems.

Legend

My humble apologies for leading you astray FP. What I meant is that it might take 6 months to tidy up a building and flick it on, a lot longer for a business, and so the latter is more likely to be under the radar, or fitting within capital gain rules, even if several businesses or ventures are being worked on at once. But we don't know what the rules are yet, because no-one is telling us. All I know is, Trademe was within the current rules.

Ofr course we knoiw the rules, and even if you don't, the IRD sure do.

Dilettante

Ha bl...y Ha, Iceman, you got me there. One all? I will try and rebut your post.

Firstly: Westpac used to be my bank, and I would never go there again. They do not have the customer's interests at heart. They only got my custom by buying out Trustbank Waikato, that was a real bank.

More recently, they have been setting themselves up with Federated Farmers so they could sell farmers more SWAP loans, for huge profits. http://straightfurrow.farmonline.co....px?storypage=6

So this navel gazing from Westpac might not be correct, but they'll be saying what they want someone important to hear.

The next part of your post takes this (on the face of it) good news, and makes a wild extrapolation that somehow National's reign has produced that result. Well we've moved from the lowest unemployment rate in the OECD to average unemployment, from strengthening tax take to a lower tax take, people giving up on applying for meagre jobs and retraining or leaving instead, and the government trying to sell off parts of state assets, just to get back into the fiscal surplus that Labour had achieved for years on end.

Labour encouraged jobs, and that resulted in a surplus. National is discouraging jobs by removing them from the public sector wherever it can, and that doesn't help the rest of us. Waged money cycles around, so whatever figures National might produce on savings, aren't that good at all. It's the loss of recycled cashflow that causes the problems.
    I don;t much like Westpac either but this time they are spot on about our good Government who rightly has been culling some of the more unproductive public sector jobs in which Clark installed her mates.:0
    1 all indeed.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    I don;t much like Westpac either but this time they are spot on about our good Government who rightly has been culling some of the more unproductive public sector jobs in which Clark installed her mates.:0
    1 all indeed.
    Iceman, can you provide details of the public sector jobs that were surplus, details on the improved public service that resulted from the culls, and more importantly the names of the people that Ms Clark improperly installed into office. Because I bet you can't. Helen Clark was too politically savvy to be that reckless. That sort of behaviour is more like a National trait.

And I bet that if you added up the minuscule savings that National might have achieved in their wages bill, and then subtracted debacles like Novopay, more dole payments, reduced tax takes, etc, there would be no savings. Just a lot of unhappy people looking for jobs and the rest of us getting a poorer public service outcome.

National's mantra I heard on the radio today: Rural police stations have only one on duty after National raids staff for South Auckland, but there will be more on the front line as a result of new iPods and iPads rollout. Magical.

Contact Energy to drop 100 staff. Flat power consumption for the first time in decades, because National stands by and watches manufacturing and employment options decay in NZ.
    Last edited by elZorro; 13-02-2013 at 10:06 PM.