sharetrader
Page 937 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 43783788792793393493593693793893994094194798710371437 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,370 of 16077

No real surprise here Sgt Pepper. $30M up in smoke.
    Nice one ShonKey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    Oh dear
    Latest poll results not good for John Keys flag referendum. 61% against change, even 48% of people who identify as National supporters don't want a change.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Guru

Left vs Right adversorial politics....it's a bad system innit. It just pushes people into tribal camps and looking at everything from certain dogmatic viewpoints.

Guru

I don't think the flag issue is a left v right issue.

Guru

It's funny how this government started off advertising itself as fiscally responsible and now no-one cares anymore, everyone wants to keep the economy up at all costs to avoid a housing market implosion that'll take the banks with it. Prices up 45% in four years in Auckland. No ordinary Joe Public person is going to want to see all their paper gains wiped out, even more so if they just shelled out $850,000 for a house.
    Deflation is here because wage and salary growth isn't here and never will be; the legions of immigrants coming in mean that there is never enough supply shortage in the labour market.
    Without wage and salary growth, there's no way prices will go up anywhere except it the over-heated housing market. With mortgages now taking up so much of people's income, there's less disposable income in any case.
    Now it is just an exercise in keeping GDP growth in excess of 2% by any means necessary, including massive government spending. F*ck the future.
    We are now in the same situation as China. Government intervention to keep the house of cards up. Chinese government intervention there to keep GDP at 6.8% minimum, government intervention to stop the share market there collapsing.
    We have the same debt trap here as in other nations. The same bubble problem. And now China is getting much tougher on capital outflow controls as well.
    Last edited by Logen Ninefingers; 01-02-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Membaa

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    And like me, he probably lived in a cardboard box!

Think that's tough, 47 of us living in cardboard box in't middle of road, father'd come home'n whip us to sleep wit' broken bottle, aye that's tough!

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I don't think the flag issue is a left v right issue.
    Doesn't stop people getting tribal about it. If you're calling John Key 'ShonKey', you're probably from the Left.

Advanced Member

No cardboard box but when we visited the London flat with umpteen antipodeans per square yard a cardboard box would have offered more space and privacy.

Guru

I'd say the flag things worked, it seems people are more wont to talk about that and expend huge amounts of angst over a paltry $26 million rather than talk about the real issues facing the country. We are on the verge of deflation, we are borrowing hand over fist, dairy prices keep tanking....I thought the economy was supposed to be going great, as evidenced by house prices in Auckland up 45% in 4 years......so we are we still borrowing billions to make up for spending being well in excess of revenue?
    Why is Mr Little promising everyone 3 years of free tertiary education? Is he therefore planning to keep borrowing at the same levels (or greater)?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Logen Ninefingers View Post
    Doesn't stop people getting tribal about it. If you're calling John Key 'ShonKey', you're probably from the Left.
    I have never called John Key "ShonKey" ever. Think that is childish. And I stand just to the left of Genghis Kahn. (Tongue in cheek a bit there). But go ahead and make assumptions.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    I have never called John Key "ShonKey" ever. Think that is childish. And I stand just to the left of Genghis Kahn. (Tongue in cheek a bit there). But go ahead and make assumptions.
    People from the Right are calling him ShonKey(?) Someone is anyway, and I never assumed every person on the Left was doing it.