sharetrader
Page 952 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 452852902942948949950951952953954955956962100210521452 ... LastLast
Results 9,511 to 9,520 of 16077

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    Twitterland all go on impending blowup in Labour ranks

A selection

@bryce_edwards: Hooton: “McCarten & his far-left friends are well on the way to reducing Labour to... one day be the junior partner in a Green-led Govt”

@bryce_edwards: Hooton: After Clark left, “Labour resembled a zombie bank”; “McCarten and his far-left friends saw an opportunity to be vulture investors”

@bryce_edwards: Hooton’s moderate centre of Labour: Phil Goff, David Shearer, David Parker, Stuart Nash, Clayton Cosgrove, Peeni Henare and Kelvin Davis

@bryce_edwards: Hooton: “the moderate centre of the party… plan to launch an offensive against the party’s direction in May, they have no chance of success”

@couchexprt: @bryce_edwards they should just join the Nats so we can replace them with Corbyn/Sanders mold. #fixinequality

@bryce_edwards: Hooton: “1/3 of Labour MPs are appalled by the sharp shift to the left but the entrists in the unions and local branches are in control”

@bryce_edwards: Hooton writes of “1930s French Trotskyists”, 1960-70s “subversion of the UK Labour Party by Militant Tendency”; says now in happened in NZ
    Was all this just a storm in a teacup

Liked the idea of a faction of the Labour Party only leading them to be the junior party in a Greens/Labour government
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

[QUOTE=BlackPeter;606494]Glad you like my posts and that they convince you. Remember - the definition of rhetoric is: "the art of effective or persuasive speaking or writing, especially the use of figures of speech and other compositional techniques.". Thank you for the compliment!

Interesting that you say you never voted for Labour. QUOTE]

Interesting, My dictionary defines “rhetoric” as “ the art of persuasive speaking or writing: language intended to impress, especially seen as inflated. exaggerated, or meaningless. “
    I rest my case.
    Incidentally, nowhere have I said I have never voted Labour.

westerly

Fair enough Macduff. Reasonable as always.
    I assure you there was no malice intended in my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by macduffy View Post
    Now, now! Let's keep the content and tenor of this thread at a level where other readers want to read it!

Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Been away for a few days and busy since, but I was eventually impressed by the main incident at the Waitangi Day celebrations. It made a very good political point, it gained attention, it made National look feeble.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11585707

Andrew Little and especially Winston Peters handled the aftermath well.

According to the PM if we want growth in Northland we need to embrace mining. Northland in the main is pretty unspoilt and tourism is growing substantially. Certainly don't need an ugly mine or the environmental risk in what is a high rainfall area. National are stuck in the 1970s.
    Where are the 10 bridges they promised? Where is the high speed broadband & better mobile coverage? How can you believe anything they say?
    The biggest component of there poorly run campaign in the Northland bi-election was the 10 bridges. Promise broken. I believe we are getting two of the 10!
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

This is the sort of litigation we can look forward to in a TPPA world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/us...ions.html?_r=0

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Been away for a few days and busy since, but I was eventually impressed by the main incident at the Waitangi Day celebrations. It made a very good political point, it gained attention, it made National look feeble.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11585707

Andrew Little and especially Winston Peters handled the aftermath well.
    And here was I thinking that it is not possible to further drop the standards of the Left including their "Labour" appendix ... Thank You, EZ, you did prove me wrong!

So - just help me to understand - if a man would throw this "thing" at a woman - he probably would be charged with sexual harassment. If however a female left wing agitator is doing this to a man, than you call this a "very good political point"?

What was the point? The thing was probably even made in China?

As well - given that the Left had a full weekend to make a real point in Waitangi ... is the throwing of sex toys really the best thing they could come up with? Really?

I would have thought that you would be ashamed of your political comrades, but hey - looks like I was wrong again. Sounds like at least the perpetrator is ashamed of herself - and so it should be.

How low can you go, EZ?
    Last edited by BlackPeter; 11-02-2016 at 01:17 PM.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    This is the sort of litigation we can look forward to in a TPPA world.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/10/us...ions.html?_r=0
    Don't see any connection with the TPP at all. Can you enlighten me , please?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by BlackPeter View Post
    And here was I thinking that it is not possible to further drop the standards of the Left including their "Labour" appendix ... Thank You, EZ, you did prove me wrong!

So - just help me to understand - if a man would throw this "thing" at a woman - he probably would be charged with sexual harassment. If however a female left wing agitator is doing this to a man, than you call this a "very good political point"?

What was the point? The thing was probably even made in China?

As well - given that the Left had a full weekend to make a real point in Waitangi ... is the throwing of sex toys really the best thing they could come up with? Really?

I would have thought that you would be ashamed of your political comrades, but hey - looks like I was wrong again. Sounds like at least the perpetrator is ashamed of herself - and so it should be.

How low can you go, EZ?
    BP, I stand by my words there. The big picture with John Key as PM is far more important. Gareth Hughes has it right.

https://www.greens.org.nz/news/speec...ters-statement

Litigation to overturn government policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    Don't see any connection with the TPP at all. Can you enlighten me , please?