sharetrader
Page 977 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 477877927967973974975976977978979980981987102710771477 ... LastLast
Results 9,761 to 9,770 of 16077
    Dilettante

EZ I really do not see what problem you have with reporting of recreational catch. NZ has one of the better fisheries management systems in the World and it is of paramount importance to its integrity that the scientists and Government have a fair idea on how much fish is taken from the ocean, to ensure sustainable management. Recreational catch is increasing in NZ and needs to be monitored. Contrary to your claims of a big bureaucracy being needed for this, there are apps for smartphones available to do this reporting at the touch of a button.

Your slandering yet again on this thread of the Goodfellow family is preposterous and you should be ashamed of it. Your hatred of the National Party obviously relieves you of your sanities on occasions.
    Last edited by iceman; 11-03-2016 at 02:36 AM. Reason: spelling

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    EZ I really do not see what problem you have with reporting of recreational catch. NZ has one of the better fisheries management systems in the World and it is of paramount importance to its integrity that the scientists and Government have a fair idea on how much fish is taken from the ocean, to ensure sustainable management. Recreational catch is increasing in NZ and needs to be monitored. Contrary to your claims of a big bureaucracy being needed for this, there are apps for smartphones available to do this reporting at the touch of a button.

Your slandering yet again on this thread of the Goodfellow family is preposterous and you should be ashamed of it. Your hatred of the National Party obviously relieves you of your sanities on occasions.
    Maybe I'm just a careful observer, Iceman. It's one thing to be a wealthy and philanthropic entity, but so often there seems to be an underlying message of political power. Why do the Goodfellow family deem it expedient to have one of their number as the President of the National Party? In Hamilton, Bill Gallagher hosted the National electorate of Hamilton West's celebration party on the eve of the 2014 elections, in his new corporate building. Why do these powerful people take every opportunity to let everyone know which way they vote? In business, there's almost always a quid pro quo involved. If they were truly philanthropic, they'd run a mile from choosing political allegiances in public.

Advanced Member

Your graph, el Zorro? I have a graph that shows me buying block of shares on Tuesday morning that are now worth $2,000 or more than I paid for them. but it's only a squiggle on paper - it doesn't make me a rampant capitalist -I'm not taking bread from the mouths of the poor - I'm using my wits to look after my own. Graphs mean little they can be stretched in all directions, coloured like rainbows to stress whatever you want them to stress. They're a bit like Labour propaganda. the graph shows the funding increase threefold in about twelve years? Most of that is inflation but it also reflects the satisfied voter who is happy to pay more for better quality. Might be a lesson for Labour here?
    Last edited by craic; 11-03-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Your graph, el Zorro? I have a graph that shows me buying block of shares on Tuesday morning that are now worth $2,000 or more than I paid for them. but it's only a squiggle on paper - it doesn't make me a rampant capitalist -I'm not taking bread from the mouths of the poor - I'm using my wits to look after my own. Graphs mean little they can be stretched in all directions, coloured like rainbows to stress whatever you want them to stress. They're a bit like Labour propaganda. the graph shows the funding increase threefold in about twelve years? Most of that is inflation but it also reflects the satisfied voter who is happy to pay more for better quality. Might be a lesson for Labour here?
    No, Craic, it simply says that votes can be bought with marketing, advertising, and resulting media exposure. Part of that timeline goes backwards. If National's funding drops, so does their vote in that year. It implies that Labour will need at least as much funding to counteract National in 2017, as both parties have strong branding. The Conservatives and the Internet Party spent heaps in 2014 but didn't do too well, because they don't have widespread brand exposure.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Maybe I'm just a careful observer, Iceman. It's one thing to be a wealthy and philanthropic entity, but so often there seems to be an underlying message of political power. Why do the Goodfellow family deem it expedient to have one of their number as the President of the National Party? In Hamilton, Bill Gallagher hosted the National electorate of Hamilton West's celebration party on the eve of the 2014 elections, in his new corporate building. Why do these powerful people take every opportunity to let everyone know which way they vote? In business, there's almost always a quid pro quo involved. If they were truly philanthropic, they'd run a mile from choosing political allegiances in public.
    It's nothing to get wound up and bitter about. All sorts of people take an interest in politics, and that's a good thing. Naturally any party wants successful people. So take a dose of valium or something and chill out eZ. It's not worth blowing a gasket over who or who doesn't belong to the Greens, NZ first or National. Unless of course you can balance it up with a few sleepless nights over the union blowhards and various failures currently within labour.

Advanced Member

A notable feature of fridays is that most posters seem to have a twinge of conscience and spend the day working and seldom post. Or maybe it's looking forward to a visit to a pub?

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    EZ
    Remember the notorious Cabinet Club revelations in 2014? John Key scuttling for cover. Anyway storm clouds ahead that they will have to encounter

1. Auditor General report into Murray McCully sheepgate scandal
    2. The " problems" in the Clutha Electorate. do you sense a by election coming there?
    3. Tax cuts?? (boy I bet they regret that promise)
    4. Judith Collins .
    5. Fresh water negotiations
    6 Flag referendum debacle
    Most of that is beltway stuff. Maybe it shouldn't be but it is. I get that a good part of the Opposition's job is to oppose but it would be better IMO off choosing issues with more widespread relevance. The TTPA might have been one such, but it needed a clear stand, not a vague flip flop.

Even the Judith Collins issues would not have been understood well by the general voter, but there's a pretty good chance plenty of them prefer her announcements on police, burglary and criminals to those of Kelvin Davis. Opposition politicians would be well advised not to be critical of the police, even if obliquely (eg by supporting criminals, visiting Oz detention centres) as there are rather more law abiding folk here than the other.

Legend

Labour's biggest fright trying to resurrect himself. Parker wants another crack as finance spokesman. Allah forbid. The only upside in that, is that he's another barrier to Labour's return, so I suppose it might be a good thing. Even eZ must be worried about the suggestion of letting a lunatic get his hands on the cheque book.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Labour's biggest fright trying to resurrect himself. Parker wants another crack as finance spokesman. Allah forbid. The only upside in that, is that he's another barrier to Labour's return, so I suppose it might be a good thing. Even eZ must be worried about the suggestion of letting a lunatic get his hands on the cheque book.
    FP
    You really dislike David Parker. Did he bully you at school?

Quote Originally Posted by artemis View Post
    Most of that is beltway stuff. Maybe it shouldn't be but it is. I get that a good part of the Opposition's job is to oppose but it would be better IMO off choosing issues with more widespread relevance. The TTPA might have been one such, but it needed a clear stand, not a vague flip flop.

Even the Judith Collins issues would not have been understood well by the general voter, but there's a pretty good chance plenty of them prefer her announcements on police, burglary and criminals to those of Kelvin Davis. Opposition politicians would be well advised not to be critical of the police, even if obliquely (eg by supporting criminals, visiting Oz detention centres) as there are rather more law abiding folk here than the other.
    Artemis
    You make some good points but my response to the issues would be that the compounding toxic effect these could have on National. It is true that sheepgate and the Auditor General investigation are not the topic of conversation of people I associate with. However if , for instance the Auditor General refers her report to the Serious Fraud Office/or Police that would be a serious distraction for any government.
    The Flag Referendum
    John Key foolishly attached his colours to the mast of this sinking ship. A lack of judgement here
    Tax Cuts
    Unnecessarily promised ( against the advice of Bill English) last election. Provides ammunition to the Opposition, ( remember Nationals taunting of chewing gum to Labour several years ago

Fresh Water negotiations ( secret) with Iwi. This has the real potential to destroy Nationals chances in 2017. As usual John Key has left the heavy lifting to poor old Bill English again
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 12-03-2016 at 04:43 PM.