sharetrader
Page 978 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 478878928968974975976977978979980981982988102810781478 ... LastLast
Results 9,771 to 9,780 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    FP
    You really dislike David Parker. Did he bully you at school?
    No. But he came up with some wacky ideas, and have a look at his disastrous track record in the business world. He's got some talent, but it sure as hell isn't in the finance role.

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    No. But he came up with some wacky ideas, and have a look at his disastrous track record in the business world. He's got some talent, but it sure as hell isn't in the finance role.
    FP some excerpts from recent posts

“That's no more than an absurd conspiracy theory. Unless you can cite evidence it's a fairly low character attack. Doesn't do you or your cause any favours. “

“. Unless of course you can balance it up with a few sleepless nights over the union blowhards and various failures currently within labour. “

“Labour's biggest fright trying to resurrect himself. Parker wants another crack as finance spokesman. Allah forbid. The only upside in that, is that he's another barrier to Labour's return, so I suppose it might be a good thing. Even eZ must be worried about the suggestion of letting a lunatic get his hands on the cheque book. “

You seem to get upset when it is suggested a National Party office holder may have some influence on policy but are quite happy to bad mouth Labour Party politicians at every opportunity.

Intrigued by your obvious dislike of David Parker, I stumbled upon this:
    http://www.parliament.nz/en-nz/pb/de...from-executive
    Given the media disposition to rake up any dirt on politicians especially those of the left., it would seem the acceptance by Parliament and the subsequent lack of media interest means Parker spoke the truth.

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

“That's no more than an absurd conspiracy theory. Unless you can cite evidence it's a fairly low character attack. Doesn't do you or your cause any favours. “

“. Unless of course you can balance it up with a few sleepless nights over the union blowhards and various failures currently within labour. “

“Labour's biggest fright trying to resurrect himself. Parker wants another crack as finance spokesman. Allah forbid. The only upside in that, is that he's another barrier to Labour's return, so I suppose it might be a good thing. Even eZ must be worried about the suggestion of letting a lunatic get his hands on the cheque book. “

You seem to get upset when it is suggested a National Party office holder may have some influence on policy but are quite happy to bad mouth Labour Party politicians at every opportunity.

Given the media disposition to rake up any dirt on politicians especially those of the left., it would seem the acceptance by Parliament and the subsequent lack of media interest means Parker spoke the truth.

westerly
    Thanks for digging that up Westerly. After observing FP's posts, I find that generally he responds when there is more than an element of truth about some good aspect on Labour's side, or a poor aspect on National's side. Then he'll just make stuff up to rebalance it, or make difficult-to-prove statements. He's not into posting any data, generally. Why? It always looks bad for National.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

westerly
    I'm not talking about that incident. I was referring to his disastrous record in private industry. Not a man to be in charge of a cheque book.
    My comments don't mean I'm upset at all, nor do I have any desire to defend National party office holders. It simply means I dislike inferences based on the thinnest excuse - IOW I dislike conspiracy based character attacks, no matter who they are aimed at.

Advanced Member

[QUOTE=elZorro;611388s. He's not into posting any data, generally. Why? It always looks bad for National.[/QUOTE]

What a lot of rubbish. The only meaningful data that exists is that National is in power. That all the evidence points to National remaining in power, that is to say tat they are still the most popular alternative for the next election at a point in the cycle where Labour should be miles ahead in accordance with the reality that the electorate gets tired of the incumbent and changes the government at regular intervals, regardless. John Key would have to throw in the towel, literally, for Labour to win from here, but that won't happen.

I'm not talking about that incident. I was referring to his disastrous record in private industry. Not a man to be in charge of a cheque book.
    My comments don't mean I'm upset at all, nor do I have any desire to defend National party office holders. It simply means I dislike inferences based on the thinnest excuse - IOW I dislike conspiracy based character attacks, no matter who they are aimed at.
    FP
    I assume you may be referring to Russell Hyslop. Of that I am fully aware, as my mother and two aunts were at the sharp end of his bankruptcy

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Pepper View Post
    FP
    I assume you may be referring to Russell Hyslop. Of that I am fully aware, as my mother and two aunts were at the sharp end of his bankruptcy
    You will hardly be members of the Parker fan club then.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Thanks for digging that up Westerly. After observing FP's posts, I find that generally he responds when there is more than an element of truth about some good aspect on Labour's side, or a poor aspect on National's side. Then he'll just make stuff up to rebalance it, or make difficult-to-prove statements. He's not into posting any data, generally. Why? It always looks bad for National.
    How wrong you are. As I have frequently pointed out I have voted Labour in the past and it may happen again. I am not pro-national, but always use my vote against the party who I think will do most harm. Currently that is Labour and not likely to change in the near future from what I can see. e.g. if in the highly unlikely even t Judith Collins became the leader I would somehow use my vote against National and for the very same reason you should use your vote against Labour while they have a walking wet dream standing as their leader. You won't though - your blinkers are the size usually worn by horses.

Legend

How wrong you are. As I have frequently pointed out I have voted Labour in the past and it may happen again. I am not pro-national, but always use my vote against the party who I think will do most harm. Currently that is Labour and not likely to change in the near future from what I can see. e.g. if in the highly unlikely even t Judith Collins became the leader I would somehow use my vote against National and for the very same reason you should use your vote against Labour while they have a walking wet dream standing as their leader. You won't though - your blinkers are the size usually worn by horses.
    It was at least heartening to see NZ First, Greens and Labour leaders around one table on TV yesterday, talking about the dairying situation and other things regarding the economy. They all think there should be some govt relief to farmers, the opposite view to Bill English and National. I would guess that Bill doesn't have much in the coffers to give.

At least dairy farmers are not entirely alone, the manufacturing sector has shed workers and is back to levels last seen two and a half years ago in terms of confidence.

National has pumped up the dairy sector, ignored SME manufacturing basically, so what do we have left? Sell stuff to each other?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    It was at least heartening to see NZ First, Greens and Labour leaders around one table on TV yesterday, talking about the dairying situation and other things regarding the economy. They all think there should be some govt relief to farmers, the opposite view to Bill English and National.
    Don't be so naïve. If English announced some sort of bail-out package they'd all be sitting around the same table decrying every detail of it. So would you.