sharetrader
Page 984 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 484884934974980981982983984985986987988994103410841484 ... LastLast
Results 9,831 to 9,840 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Any truth in the rumour that all the left-wing posters have been sent to North Korea for a training course? Or maybe they are all out buying the new flag?
    Last edited by craic; 21-03-2016 at 03:05 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Any truth in the rumour that all the left-wing posters have been sent to North Korea for a training course? Or maybe they are all out buying the new flag?
    They're all in a state of shock cos it's dawned on them that Labour, Greens and NZ First together outnumber National in the latest poll - but to get Winston first in coalition would mean they'd have to let him be the Prime Minister. How would you feel!
    And one of his tosspots as Minister of Finance.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 21-03-2016 at 03:23 PM.

Advanced Member

Be interesting to see how he jumps on the case the Maoris are taking against the crown over fisheries. If he takes the Crown side on his principal that we are all equal ( One NZ) then he will be drummed out of the North by the Maoris and if he jumps the other way, all the bridges in hell won't save him.

Possibly as much truth as is in the rumour that because they had to fly through New York to reach anywhere near Pyongyang, they were captured by Trump supporters at JFK airport. Then forced to attend a Right wing brainwashing seminar on how to lobby for lower taxes, anti union actions and no social welfare. They were pleasantly surprised to meet several National Party activists who were attending the same seminar.

westerly

if labour can pull this off
    Labour considers 'universal basic income' policy
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11609094
    i will defiantly vote for them
    a free $11k each for the missus and me
    that is surely a big vote changer.
    the things we can buy with this money on top of our salaries is mind boggling.
    first thing is more property.

Iceman, you only pointed out positives when there were some obvious massive negatives, I raised dairy & oil & gas to give some balance.
    Exports did rise, however mostly as a result of a weakening dollar which was off around 15 to 20%, where as exports were up around 6%.
    Investment in oil and gas exploration in recent years has hardly proven to be good investment.
    Neither has the intensification of the dairy sector. NZ has gone from one of the cheaper to one of the more expensive producers of dairy exporters in the world. Hardly a sound business case.
    Construction is being fuelled by two things. Record immigration and roads funded by yours truly.
    Yes Kiwis are coming home and less are leaving, all the more reason to turn down the level of foreign immigration.
    However the government can't afford to as it is the main thing under pinning their one trick pony economic plan.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Really! You are comparing a 3 term prime minister with one who got there by knifing her leader in the back when he was overseas and she was never elected.

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    As was the next female Prime Minister.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Not that I'm a lefty, but I was actually thinking of joining Obama in Cuba instead.
    Sounds like much more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by neopoleII View Post
    if labour can pull this off
    Labour considers 'universal basic income' policy
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=11609094
    i will defiantly vote for them
    a free $11k each for the missus and me
    that is surely a big vote changer.
    the things we can buy with this money on top of our salaries is mind boggling.
    first thing is more property.
    Where do you think the additional money would come from? Sure - they might print some of it (devaluing our dollar that way), but don't forget that they might need to "slightly" adjust your income tax before you get these "free" 11 k (or whatever).

The only who might win are the non performers and the bureaucrats - everybody else will need to pay for this policy.

Remember the days of the super surcharge? This one, if implemented will be worse.

Remember - there is no such thing as a free lunch.
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Really! You are comparing a 3 term prime minister with one who got there by knifing her leader in the back when he was overseas and she was never elected.
    How each attained office was not relevant. It was whether she was a lousy Prime Minister, pompous and arrogant.