sharetrader
Page 986 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 486886936976982983984985986987988989990996103610861486 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,860 of 16077
    Veteran novice

i will defiantly vote for them
    "Defiantly" or "Definitely", neopole?

Or, perhaps, both?

As far as I'm aware a UBI was a concept in relation to the acceleration of automation and that many jobs that exist now won't in the medium term.
    There are many functions or jobs that could be performed now that we don't value, particularly in the area of the environment.
    We have massive issues around pest control be it flora or fauna, beach erosion, thousands of tons of rubbish along our roads.
    There are also a number of health care related roles particularly helping with the elderly and disabled and special needs.
    Fund those jobs before giving out money for nothing.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    As far as I'm aware a UBI was a concept in relation to the acceleration of automation and that many jobs that exist now won't in the medium term.
    There are many functions or jobs that could be performed now that we don't value, particularly in the area of the environment.
    We have massive issues around pest control be it flora or fauna, beach erosion, thousands of tons of rubbish along our roads.
    There are also a number of health care related roles particularly helping with the elderly and disabled and special needs.
    Fund those jobs before giving out money for nothing.
    I agree, Daytr. Those job schemes in the 80s were an interesting way of tackling unemployment.

An aside: Meridian capitulates to NZAS on the terms of the contract, and may yet be able to pass on reduced transmission costs to the smelter. One seventh of our power use to one customer, if they drop out Huntly's older units go, along with our backup power. Then a combination of electricity suppliers would need to spend billions on new power stations somewhere, if we ever get the economy going again. http://www.nzresources.com/attachmen...ridianNZAS.pdf

I see Key has back flipped in regards the taxpayer paying his legal bills & settlement in the defamation case he lost.
    Its not the first time he's done a back flip by any means, but its probably one of his quickest.
    What was he thinking! Absolute PR disaster.
    He really seems to be losing the plot.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

I see Key has back flipped in regards the taxpayer paying his legal bills & settlement in the defamation case he lost.
    Its not the first time he's done a back flip by any means, but its probably one of his quickest.
    I don't think so. It's because that's the parliamentary ruling.

Legend

I think JK needs to get some more media training, listen to some more focus groups, pay for some more C-T advice.

National could govern alone after next election if they made interest on term deposits tax free income for those over 60 (if not everybody)

The oldies would love it
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    National could govern alone after next election if they made interest on term deposits tax free income for those over 60 (if not everybody)

The oldies would love it
    No responsible government would do that. Income is income, and as long as we have income tax it would be ridiculous to exclude one form of it.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I think JK needs to get some more media training, listen to some more focus groups, pay for some more C-T advice.
    you are probably right EZ ... and fully agree that John Key didn't made a particular good figure in this saga. He just should have paid up (with his own cash) and shut up, given his undignified comments in the first place. He now comes across as thoughtless and arrogant. However - you give at the same time an amazing illustration of the famous citation from the "good book" (Matthew 7:3):

Why do you see the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye?
    Shouldn't you worry first about Andrew Little's lack of media training, PR skills and his hapless attempts to befriend the populists no matter the moral cost (people with Chinese sounding names, foreign chefs ...)?
    ----
    "Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future" (Niels Bohr)

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post

The oldies would love it
    Given the pathetically low interest rates the Gvt. return from this source is minimal. Savers are being shafted by the Central banks policies of quantitative easing. The elderly are more likely pursuing SKI policies.