sharetrader
Page 988 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 488888938978984985986987988989990991992998103810881488 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,880 of 16077
    Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    I don't care who has done similar in the past. It was Key that as done for defamation, its he who should pay the penalty & costs.
    Amazing how you think others should pay for his mistake.

Key's lucky not to be facing court on assault charges after the serial ponytail pulling saga.
    Your blind hatred of John Key, evident in almost every post, is a measure of you, not him. The facts -He is the elected Prime Minister of the country - He is the most popular political leader in NZ. He is likely to remain the Prime Minister after the next election unless you and the rest o fthe disgruntled minority can put together an alliance of all the perpetual losers and hold it together long enough to take a breath.

Certainly not blind, or have hatred for Key. Dislike, sure.
    If you care for the environment, then it is very difficult to appreciate Key's leadership.
    Seeing the national debt more than treble is difficult to swallow.
    He has lined many people's pockets through a housing bubble in Auckland mainly due to having the immigration tap on full noise.
    He has changed NZ in a very short time from having affordable housing, to very unaffordable, particularly in Auckland .
    Its similar to dairy. We were one of the lowest cost producers in the world.
    National openly encouraged intensification .

NZ is benefitting largely from a lot of the rest of the world being in turmoil, either economically or politically.
    And Key is riding on the coat tails of much of that.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Now there's a green agenda if ever I've seen one.
    "seeing the national debt nearly treble" shows a complete ignorance of finance. Key has enough experience in that field, and success, personally, to know what he is doing.
    Unaffordable housing is common to every major city - London, Sydney etc. and Key has nothing to do with those places.
    He hasn't lined anyone's pocket - they did it themselves, by not living the Green myth, that we should all be in grass skirts and live in caves.
    Dairy was rocketing before JK came t power and he does what any good leader should do, Let nature take it's course. And ther will be Dairy farmers after the dust settles and they will be the traditional ones who did not borrow and invest beyond their means.
    NZz is not in turmoil because of the quality of our leadership under a National government.

Ref TPP Protestors /Chester Burrows

TPP protestors:If a car is exiting a drive don't stand in front of it.
    Last edited by Sgt Pepper; 25-03-2016 at 01:50 PM.

How much fiction can you fit into one post.
    Its your Green myth, no one else.
    As an ex banker with 20 years servicing multinational corporations I think you might be just a little off the mark.
    Nothing unusual there though.
    Has the government debt trebled under National? Yes.
    I wonder if you would be so lenient if I was Labour that trebled the level of government debt?
    Well NZ didn't have unaffordable housing until National took over and record immigration is fueling it.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Now there's a green agenda if ever I've seen one.
    "seeing the national debt nearly treble" shows a complete ignorance of finance. Key has enough experience in that field, and success, personally, to know what he is doing.
    Unaffordable housing is common to every major city - London, Sydney etc. and Key has nothing to do with those places.
    He hasn't lined anyone's pocket - they did it themselves, by not living the Green myth, that we should all be in grass skirts and live in caves.
    Dairy was rocketing before JK came t power and he does what any good leader should do, Let nature take it's course. And ther will be Dairy farmers after the dust settles and they will be the traditional ones who did not borrow and invest beyond their means.
    NZz is not in turmoil because of the quality of our leadership under a National government.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

One of my in-laws is a banker he had to sell his house to cover draw-downs on his mortgage. And he tries to give e financial advice. I manage my sons share portfolio and he is a vice-president of one of the worlds major banks, London office. Being an ex-banker and claiming financial expertise is like an ex-priest claiming special knowledge of god and how to get to heaven. I have made a significant profit on each of the last six race meetings and I know stuff all about race horses and tomorrow I will throw about another $300 at the TAB - horses don't count, numbers do and I know about numbers.

Last time you mentioned your son, Craic, you wouldn't even admit he worked for a bank!
    Refusing to admit the institution was a bank, on multiple occasions I might add.
    Well at least you have learnt something I suppose.
    Or does it just suit your purpose his time around.
    Seeing you don't know me, probably best you stop claiming who I am & what I know.
    It just looks a little silly, me ol' mucker.

You know numbers, that's very good.
    So you will know that trebling a government debt and not showing any signs of reducing it anytime soon, is not a good thing.
    No doubt like other national governments they will leave it to Labour to clean up the mess.

Advanced Member

The biggest joke is to suggest that Labour could ever clean up a mess, any mess particularly their own. I have more than one son. Try this. Put a dollar for a win on all the horses in the first two races at Tauranga today - you will have two winners guaranteed - and the entire outlay will be $12. This has nothing to do with my betting strategy for the day,more to do with a better way of wasting your money than buying lotto tickets.

Not that I'm a Labour voter, but I could perhaps if they get a leader that resonates.
    But I'm not blind to what they achieved.
    Under Clark, Labour reduced the government debt considerably, continually posted surpluses.
    In the 1980s Labour transformed/modernised the NZ economy from Muldoon's 1950s approach.
    This National government beat a previous National government's record of the most consecutive years of running the country in deficit.
    National line the pockets of the already wealthy, at the expense of the tax payer and lower income.
    They exploit natural resources with little of no thought for the environment or the long term benefit of the country.
    And benefit is not just in dollars and cents, although if we actually valued the environment & the potential impact on tourism in the future then it could be measured that way as well.
    I am a centrist or even slightly right wing, but I cannot support a government that has no respect for the environment & sound environmental policy should not be just the domain of the left.
    ACT seem to have picked up on this, although I don't really trust a leopard to change its spots or the fact that they are only in government courtesy of National.

By the way, its nice to see you have 2 sons working for banks! ;-)
    Last edited by Daytr; 26-03-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Legend

[QUOTE=Daytr;613388]Not that I'm a Labour voter, but I could perhaps if they get a leader that resonates.
    But I'm not blind to what they achieved.
    Under Clark, Labour reduced the government debt considerably, continually posted surpluses.
    In the 1980s Labour transformed/modernised the NZ economy from Muldoon's 1950s approach.
    This National government beat a previous National government's record of the most consecutive years of running the country in deficit.
    National line the pockets of the already wealthy, at the expense of the tax payer and lower income.
    QUOTE]