sharetrader
Page 993 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4938939439839899909919929939949959969971003104310931493 ... LastLast
Results 9,921 to 9,930 of 16077
    Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    But you're not looking for the "truth" elZ - You're looking for anything that suits your opinion - once again a leftie trend. Now I must go and find out why my big chainsaw will not start - a rightie trend.
    I'd suggest changing the spark plug, Craic. It's a lot quicker way of getting something going. Sometimes you need to change.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    I'd suggest changing the spark plug, Craic. It's a lot quicker way of getting something going. Sometimes you need to change.
    Sounds like a labour party solution alright - just change something without applying the logical remedy of finding out if there is a problem, and if so, how to fix it. Next step is to blame John Key.
    Last edited by fungus pudding; 31-03-2016 at 03:17 PM.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by fungus pudding View Post
    Sounds like a labour party solution alright - just change something without applying the logical remedy of finding out if there is a problem, and if so, how to fix it. Next step is to blame John Key.
    The National Party solution would be to place the chainsaw out on the front verge to see if the 'market' would fix it. Or pay a consultant to look at it, and failing that, clean it up and try to sell it as is, for some pocket money.

Anyway, nine times out of ten, a spark plug change will be the quickest solution Craic.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    The National Party solution would be to place the chainsaw out on the front verge to see if the 'market' would fix it. Or pay a consultant to look at it, and failing that, clean it up and try to sell it as is, for some pocket money.

Anyway, nine times out of ten, a spark plug change will be the quickest solution Craic.
    I have five chainsaws between 50 and 100cc and I can't remember the last time I had to replace a plug. Dirty fuel is the usual cause so the rule is never empty a can of fuel into a saw. I sometimes do.

Legend

I have five chainsaws between 50 and 100cc and I can't remember the last time I had to replace a plug. Dirty fuel is the usual cause so the rule is never empty a can of fuel into a saw. I sometimes do.
    And put fresh fuel in after storage- it can go off if stale. Also never take advice from strangers, and there's nothing stranger than eZ.

Interesting that govt. superannuation is adjusted annually because the legislation requires it. Where does Key's promise come into it?
    Mathew Hooton 2/6/12

The English doctrine is that it is better to engineer a political environment where voters are urging the government to do more.* Ministers, as good democrats, can then be seen to respond.* This, he says, is the key to achieving sustainable policy change.

On superannuation, the doctrine appears in play.

Mr Key’s 2008 promise was remarkable for its extremity: “National will retain all the superannuation entitlements and eligibility rules that our senior citizens currently enjoy. We will keep this pledge and I will resign as prime minister, and as a member of our parliament, rather than break it.”

“What’s more,” Mr Key said, “as we cut taxes and grow average after-tax wages, we will progressively increase the amount of super paid to senior citizens.”

westerly

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by westerly View Post

“What’s more,” Mr Key said, “as we cut taxes and grow average after-tax wages, we will progressively increase the amount of super paid to senior citizens.”

westerly
    Thanks. Sounds great.

Legend

I might be right though, you're not changing plugs often enough, Craic. Anyway, a good spark plug would probably fire up that stale fuel, and everything will start working properly again.

Not to stray too far from this thread, it appears that the normal service life of a spark plug in a chainsaw is about 100 hours. Based on the number of your posts mentioning chainsaws, and even factoring in that you have enough of them to open a small chainsaw museum, you should at least have a look at the spark plug, Craic.

http://homeguides.sfgate.com/need-ch...aw-100576.html

Similarly, governments sometimes run past their use-by date, and three terms is about their limit.
    Last edited by elZorro; 31-03-2016 at 08:14 PM.

Thanks. Sounds great.
    Dreams are free.

westerly

Here are a couple of charts for you EZ.
    Government debt to GDP levels under Clark v Key.

http://thestandard.org.nz/who-was-th...k-or-john-key/

Or just the level of government debt in a simple chart since 1993.
    Key and Co sure know how to get the country in hock.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...0-2011.svg.png
    Last edited by Daytr; 31-03-2016 at 11:34 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.