sharetrader
Page 994 of 1608 FirstFirst ... 4948949449849909919929939949959969979981004104410941494 ... LastLast
Results 9,931 to 9,940 of 16077

Craic, with the Northland economy neglected for decades the 'green trade' has been a big part of the black economy for almost as long.
    And yes hopefully with the uptick in the local economy less people will resort to things like growing or selling drugs.
    However we need investment in infrastructure both rail, road and also in services such as health.

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    Wow! Daytr and Winnie will be delighted with the upturn in the Northland economy. 69,000 cannabis plants grown by locals and harvested by the police. 41 firearms taken into police keeping. 124 locals arrested in the biggest operation in decades.
    Last edited by Daytr; 31-03-2016 at 10:08 PM.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Daytr View Post
    Here are a couple of charts for you EZ.
    Government debt to FDP levels under Clark v Key.

http://thestandard.org.nz/who-was-th...k-or-john-key/

Or just the level of government debt in a simple chart since 1993.
    Key and Co sure know how to get the country in hock.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...0-2011.svg.png
    Thanks Daytr, of interest is that to help fund the tax cuts to the wealthier voters, and keep things going, this National Govt has had to borrow $164mill on average, every week since they took office in late 2008. Now they're still borrowing to pay the interest, and the tax take is about to go for a big dive, unless they can keep immigration and house prices up. There's not much else working for this 'rock-star' economy. As someone noted in a comment on your post link, if everyone figures out what they've done, National will lose the next election and they'll never return to office again.

I spoke with Andrew Little this evening, he gave our group a short spiel, with no stumbling at all. Everything seems to be on track.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post

I spoke with Andrew Little this evening, he gave our group a short spiel, with no stumbling at all. Everything seems to be on track.
    Pray tell El Z, pray tell. Andrew gets through a speech to a receptive audience and all is well!

Advanced Member

There is no stale fuel. A 20 litre can seldom lasts two weeks. Spark plugs are regularly cleaned. Dirty fuel is usually water that will not fire.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by craic View Post
    There is no stale fuel. A 20 litre can seldom lasts two weeks. Spark plugs are regularly cleaned. Dirty fuel is usually water that will not fire.
    Craic, this analogy between your chainsaw and the National Govt gets better and better . So you're saying you have fuel that looks and smells like fuel, but it's not firing. You should buy a can of spray Labour Engine Start and see if the chainsaw roars into life for a few seconds. That'll tell you it's fuel related for sure, before having to pull the whole carburettor/bureaucracy apart at the risk of losing some good parts.

As an aside, I once did a rough apprenticeship in small motor repairs, and on one motor, after ignoring the advice of a proper mechanic who suggested I replace the spark plug first, I spent a great deal of time cleaning everything in sight, even the spark plug, sand blasting and testing the plug under pressure in a Champion spark plug machine. It passed the test. Still that engine would not fire. Finally the mechanic produced a new plug, it started first time.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by elZorro; 01-04-2016 at 08:05 AM.

Advanced Member

One of my closest friends is a small motors mechanic and an avid Labour supporter. Until recently his shop and husqvarna dealership was just down the road. I gave him a tree every year and he looked after my saws. Now he is a very ill man and I must look after my own saws. The only thing my friend ever did wrong was that he introduced me to Michael Cullen once.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Are you being serious? He gives a short speech to 'our group' which I presume is a sympathetic friendly audience of supporters without spluttering - and everything is just fine and dandy all of a sudden. Well goodie goodie. He'll just sail into power in the dead easy, no opposition, gentle and soft world of politics then.
    Or perhaps this is your idea of an April fool joke.

National, looking very much like a possum caught in the headlights in regards their response to the Franz Josef flooding.
    Plenty of warning and yet very little done. Even difficult to get comment from the minister .
    Apparently they may send someone to write another report.
    Speaking of planning.
    What's their plan to cater for the additional 60-70k people per annum?
    Billions spent on roads! Give me a break .
    Where are the new hospitals? An aging population & a drift north and no major investment in health or new facilities, particularly in the regions.
    How about conservation? With more people there will be more pressure on the environment.
    We are already seeing it and yet National's feet are stuck in the mud.
    Hopefully you find my posts helpful, but in no way should they be construed as advice. Make your own decision.

Advanced Member

Daytr, I will cut down another sixty-year-old pine next week and cut enough firewood to provide you with enough of the black stuff (carbon) to paint the Right black and you can have all the fun digging up the unimportant rubbish right through to the next election where the populace will demonstrate to you that they are interested in the metal not the dross and will probably elect a right wing government for record term. A gentleman by the name of Mr Mudhoo rode his horse to victory in the last race at Riccarton today and caused my to arise and refill my Glass with Kentucky Bourbon to celebrate but that was the last so it's out to the shed to make another gallon or so.