sharetrader
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thanks Andrew (Bermuda).
    Graeme was a great mate. I sent him an email prior to his operation and hoped that we could meet for a Christmas drink. That is not to be. Rest in Peace Graeme
    Over the last 5 years I have spent many happy hours chatting and dining with Graeme . Graeme was often the catalyst for our meetings in Christchurch. I will remember him as a very good person and always very generous with his advise and knowledge for us "sharetraders".
    We are all thinking of him and his family.
    Wim Sauerland
    (KIWIWIM)
    KIWIWIM

Quote Originally Posted by STRAT View Post
    Over the years I have been associated with this site I have met quite a few of you and some I consider friends but of all the people I have befriended from share trader, Graeme was at the top of the heap and the only one I have seen outside of share trader events. Many here have alluded to his skills and knowledge in and around the Oil and Gas Industry about which I know little. Im sure its true but not what stood out to me from having known this man. Charming and kind are the first things that spring to mind for me. A gentleman, in fact a truly gentle soul with an uplifting spirit. He went so quick I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye. So unfair for someone like this to have his life cut short. I will miss him a lot. Its hard to imagine a share trader gathering without him there.

Im really hurting over this.
    Serpie, Ooomop, Matty and Bermuda. Heart out to you fellas. I know you will be hurting too.
    Well said Strat.

He had just bought a house just a few hundred metres away from our place, and we had planned to spend summer evenings looking out over the city, with a glass of chardonnay, speaking of past, current and future projects. Not to be.

I fondly remember the days when picking winning stocks required as much skill as shooting fish in a barrel, and Graeme, Shrewdy and I travelled to other centres, labelling ourselves The Three Amigos. Great days.
    My fondest memory of Graeme is also the most hazey - a balmy summer night at Simo's on Cashel Mall with Graeme, my wife and I.

I didn't get to talk to him either Strat - we exchanged a couple of texts late last week, but he wasn't able to speak at the time. I didn't realise that it was because he was so ill.

I'm sure he will be sorely missed in all of the circles that he moved in, none more so than here at Sharetrader.

I'll come up and see you in the new year, and we'll have a drink for him. He'd like that!

Yes Oiler.
    I too was sad to hear the news. I met you at a Sharetrader meeting in Auckland & subsequently on several occasions.
    I always enjoyed your company, knowledge & enthusiasm.

Can't belive it's been 8 years, still living on the knowledge learnt from this legend!

IMO

First post in a while skeet. You on another site now?