sharetrader
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Member Toulouse - Luzern's Avatar

Sad news
    Like many I met Graeme at a few Sharetrader meetings
    I found him informed, friendly and helpful for all those new to oil and gas ...
    He made an effort...
    RIP

Sadly never got to meet oiler , but really enjoyed his posts very smart investor
    "With a good perspective on history, we can have a better understanding of the past and present, and thus a clear vision of the future." — Carlos Slim Helu

Default RIP Graeme

I haven't been up with the news of late but to hear about Graeme's passing is a real shock. I met him a few times at Auckland Sharetrader meetings and he was always a great source of information as well as being an all round neat guy. All the best for your final journey Graeme.

June Terry
    Year of the Tiger
    \"Better to remain silent and thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt\"

Advanced Member

Is this not a wake up call for all ??

We do not seem to be having those meetings that i have heard about..

Never met Oiler.. Read his many posts not being an oil and gas man..

R.I.P. Oiler.

Learnt much..

Advanced Member

Thankyou all for your kind posts.
    Messages can be sent to david.teague@img.co.nz. I will be attending Graeme's funeral next Tuesday at Waiuku.

RIP Graeme. You will be missed.

Default RIP GT - Legend.

Graeme would have to be the person I have known the longest here on Sharetrader.

It was numbing to hear the news of his passing, as he was a great friend and mentor, not just to me but quite a few on here. I think most of us will agree that Graeme would be the person who left the biggest impression after meeting him, as he would never shy from talking to anyone. It will be difficult to imagine a Sharetrader meeting without him, as he was always the "local" where ever the meeting was!

Thanks again Graeme for everything over the years - you will be missed.

Bruce D

Quote Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
    Hi Serpie et al,
    It is with great sadness that I must advise that our beloved Oiler passed away at 6pm last night. I have been in touch with David, his nephew and a small family service is planned. David will be providing an address for messages to be sent. I will post that here as soon as I get it.

I have known Oiler for several years and have found him to be one of the most delightful cheerful and knowledgeable guys I have ever met. We will all miss him.

Rest in Peace Graeme. We are all thinking of you.

Andrew Hopkins
    ( Bermuda )
    ****, i had no idea about Graeme - so sorry to hear that news, i havent been on here much due to my own personal circumstances, rehabbing a back & neck injury.

Having meet Graeme a few times via Sharetrader Wellington meetings, he was a decent & generous guy, very clued up & easy to like.

I will personally miss him, & wish i had known earlier, so i could have contacted him personally.

Sharetrader has lost a great guy, contributor & knowledgeable oil expert

RIP my friend

Brendan Giddens (Shasta)
    Last edited by shasta; 26-11-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Dilettante

I never met Graeme but thoroughly enjoyed and appreciated his well considered and informative posts on Oil & Gas stocks.
    My thoughts are with the family.
    RIP Graeme

Guru

I never had the pleasure of meeting grahm,but it obviuos by the many posts that Oiler was a man who rose above the very thing he was so enthused about-It is this quality that we salute-RIP

Over the years I have been associated with this site I have met quite a few of you and some I consider friends but of all the people I have befriended from share trader, Graeme was at the top of the heap and the only one I have seen outside of share trader events. Many here have alluded to his skills and knowledge in and around the Oil and Gas Industry about which I know little. Im sure its true but not what stood out to me from having known this man. Charming and kind are the first things that spring to mind for me. A gentleman, in fact a truly gentle soul with an uplifting spirit. He went so quick I didnt even get a chance to say goodbye. So unfair for someone like this to have his life cut short. I will miss him a lot. Its hard to imagine a share trader gathering without him there.

Im really hurting over this.
    Serpie, Ooomop, Matty and Bermuda. Heart out to you fellas. I know you will be hurting too.