sharetrader

Threaded View

Default Help identifying what kind of trader/investor one is and some other ?'s

Phew , I've put the brain in 'fry-mode' and been grabbing as much literature as possible and trying to absorb it all. It has lead me to more questions.

My first question is around what kind of trader/investor one is and what traits should be associated with such.

So, having delved further into things over the weekend I realised I'd definitely like to be creating the ol 'nest egg', but then I thought going balls to the wall may suit me even better (I have bugger all so figure I have bugger all to lose by going for it)

Is it possible to be a nest egg builder and an aggressive investor/trader at the same time ? I'm guessing you develop yourself 2 portfolios ? and also what kind of split do people employ when trying to do this ? 20/80? 10/90? 30/70 (maybe too conservative ?) and start to shift the numbers around as the hair gets greyer

I recall another thread where a young guy was wanting to get self sufficient quite quickly (5-6 years ?).While I'd like to work to a similar timeframe I realise it may be too ambitious for a buckwheater like me. 10 years, that would be a great goal to achieve in my eyes.

While I realise there is no definitive answer or shortcut to the questions, any insight and advice will be appreciated and taken on board.

TIA
    Last edited by toast2success; 07-12-2011 at 03:13 PM.