sharetrader

Default When people say they are staying out of the market or on the sideline does it mean...

a)they are selling what they can and then just holding their cash , or does it mean b) they are leaving what they have in the market and just not buying or selling at the moment ?

Or something totally different ?

slow learner

Quote Originally Posted by toast2success View Post
    a)they are selling what they can and then just holding their cash , or does it mean b) they are leaving what they have in the market and just not buying or selling at the moment ?

My understanding is cashed up and waiting for a better opportunity to enter the market.

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by toast2success View Post

Unfortunately there is nobody in the entire world that can answer your question.

Guru

I always assumed it meant holding cash. Some may hold gold or other items which are meant to hold value regardless of the direction of the sharemarket.

I am sure there are some that just get out of the speculative stocks but hold their long term portfolio and some would be somewhere in between.
    Free delivery worldwide with Book Depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk

Cash until the tea leaves change.
    You make your own luck.