sharetrader
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Christchurch City Council Election 2013

Cut out the following list and keep it on your fridge or in a new labeled file in a handy and obvious place.

Group A – ratbags to be thrown out at the next local body election November 2013;
    Bob Parker, Ngaire Button, Claudia Reid, Jamie Gough, Barry Corbett, Sue Wells, Aaron Keown, Tim Carter

Group B – men and women of integrity and principle who deserve to be supported in November 2013;
    Glenn Livingstone, Sally Buck, Helen Broughton, Jimmy Chen, Yani Johanson.

Any other course of action and we deserve to be treated with contempt again by the Christchurch Mafia.
    I don’t care if the courageous five above are Labour, National, ACT, Green, or Flat Earth Society, I, and I trust most other Christchurch ratepayers, will be determinedly supporting them come November 2013 and determinedly voting out the ratbags.

That Peter beck seems a decent sort of guy .... his he on your short list of those worth supporting MVT

You would ask me a really awkward question Winner!

I support him on his unequivocal flat-out condemnation of the Marryatt $70,000 increase, I support him against the Bishop as it's obviously nonsense to have a one size fits all approach to all Anglican Church restoration in Chch which will end up with none of it going ahead because the money isn't there to fix all of it.
    The cathedral has to be a special separate category (its own trust fund) because already millions have been given by private donors to restore the cathedral and both the Government and the City Council have promised to help and the Bishop has done nothing on the cathedral issue but squashed Peter Beck.

Actually I opposed both their appointments because I would have preferred NZers for both posts. I think Peter Beck has been more of a fit for the cathedral (although he is uncomfortably High Church - witness his attempted "ecumenical Mass" which is an oxymoron and deservedly failed) than what's 'er name for the bishopric. Its a pity the NZ Anglican Church abolished an over-arching Arch-Bishop who would have had the power to sort the present mess out....how do you disestablish a failing Bishop...

If he wins the by-election I'll cheer it as a blow against the Marryatt-Parker-Henderson Mafia. I haven't seen any polls on how the campaign is going. Its not my ward so I don't have to decide luckily. I can envisage circumstances in which I would vote for him....just....

Here's an interesting quote from Clerk Tony (Tony Marryatt, Town Clerk, allegedly CEO, of Chch City Council).

"I want to show my commitment to Christchurch, to the council and to all our staff. I want to lead our team through the rebuild".

However it's not generally known that Clerk Tony actually lives in Hamilton! How's that for commitment?

Then he says he will pay back the outstanding $34,000 if the councillors "behave" (according to Clerk Tony's definition!).

Once this Chch ward by-election result is out (soonish) then Showpony Bob's 7 -5 with 1 abstention vote win for Tony Marryatt's obscene salary increase will have turned to 7 - 7, and the convention is that the chairman must vote in favour of the status quo.

Oh, and there's probably a few councillors who have changed sides after the huge public groundswell against Marryatt's rise leaving Bob stranded in a minority :-)

That could leave just him, and the bootlicking Claudia Reid, and the disoriented Ngaire Button, and that leftover from the Nazi 3rd Reich Aaron Keown. Oh, and Dear Tony of course....but he doesn't have a vote, how sad!

Big Gerry calls Bob a clown ..... that must be the end of Bob .... he's on his way, maybe not voluntary

Major ... prob not many think too highly of Big Gerry either?

Actually the picture was better than I thought, I'd forgotten Sally Buck was absent for the vote and would have voted agaisnt Marryatt (prob why there were so anxious to take it in a hurry!).

Now Peter Beck has won the by-election in Burwood so there's a natural vote of at least 8 - 7 against Bob and Tony proposals (or is that Tony and and Bob?), and that's counting Bob's vote as one of the 7!

Hallelujah!

What do I make of Gerry Brownlee? He's a mystery.
    On the one hand his father was a well known Economics lecturer, score 1. Also a number of analysts give him some of the credit for Christchurch going National on at least the Party vote last election, he CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners and the $5.5 billion the government is spending on rehabilitating Chch, score 2. Now he's just called Bob a clown (and John Key said it would be "a clever rethink for Marryatt NOT to take the $68,000), score 3.

On the other hand he reached the exalted rank of secondary school teacher in woodwork before Parliament, score -1. And he's grossly overweight, score another -1.
    But he appears sort of bluff and hearty rather than devious and scheming so overall I'll tolerate him.

cheers,
    Major.

He is not an academic : score +1
    He calls a spade a spade: score+1

Quote Originally Posted by Major von Tempsky View Post
    Actually the picture was better than I thought, I'd forgotten Sally Buck was absent for the vote and would have voted agaisnt Marryatt (prob why there were so anxious to take it in a hurry!).

Now Peter Beck has won the by-election in Burwood so there's a natural vote of at least 8 - 7 against Bob and Tony proposals (or is that Tony and and Bob?), and that's counting Bob's vote as one of the 7!

Hallelujah!

What do I make of Gerry Brownlee? He's a mystery.
    On the one hand his father was a well known Economics lecturer, score 1. Also a number of analysts give him some of the credit for Christchurch going National on at least the Party vote last election, he CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners and the $5.5 billion the government is spending on rehabilitating Chch, score 2. Now he's just called Bob a clown (and John Key said it would be "a clever rethink for Marryatt NOT to take the $68,000), score 3.

On the other hand he reached the exalted rank of secondary school teacher in woodwork before Parliament, score -1. And he's grossly overweight, score another -1.
    But he appears sort of bluff and hearty rather than devious and scheming so overall I'll tolerate him.

cheers,
    Major.
    CERA and the generous gov't valuation payout to Red Zoners .
    You might have that idea but i can tell you not all are happy and that includeds me they are a thieving bunch and fat boy is right on top.

But is there a sensible alternative to Gov't valuation payout? On average it represents about where the market was before the quakes.
    You could easily make an argument that it is too generous, an unjust imposition on the taxpayers of NZ ( $5.5 billion) and that ratepayers ought to be expected to make some contribution.
    I can easily envisage a Labour government paying less!

[QUOTE=Major von Tempsky;367786]But is there a sensible alternative to Gov't valuation payout? On average it represents about where the market was before the quakes.

I was going to answer but really your view is very simplistic and we would never agree,
    I suggest you read some of the blgs or take a drive out to Brookland.s and ask yourself why turn it red.

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8...g-requirements

Looks like the well deserved end of the line for Tony Marryatt! Yeehar!

Reading between the lines the Government has expressed "No Confidence" in Tony Marryatt and he's now on "gardening leave".

And
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/ar...ectid=10894371
    Last edited by Major von Tempsky; 03-07-2013 at 01:24 PM.

Perhaps he should be asked to do his gardening in the Red Zone

Legend

Tony Marryatt was CEO here in Hamilton. He was difficult to push out, the council had a couple of goes at it. I'm sure his contract will be fairly eye-watering regarding severance payments. Might be worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by elZorro View Post
    Tony Marryatt was CEO here in Hamilton. He was difficult to push out, the council had a couple of goes at it. I'm sure his contract will be fairly eye-watering regarding severance payments. Might be worth it though.
    Yes this is going to cost us poor rate payers a packet. I should imagine, as his contract runs till 12/2014, that the maximum expose is 18 months salary.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/c...31December.PDF

Ah, well, we live in interesting times....

One of the criticisms against Marryatt has been answered - that he is not a Christchurch resident. That his wife lives in Hamilton and has a business/shop there, and Marryatt flies off to stay in Hamilton when he can.

However in the Press today "The door was answered by a woman who is Marryatt's partner".
    Hmmm, say no more, nudge, nudge, wink....no doubt there will be more secrets to come out....

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Banksie View Post
    Yes this is going to cost us poor rate payers a packet. I should imagine, as his contract runs till 12/2014, that the maximum expose is 18 months salary.

http://resources.ccc.govt.nz/files/c...31December.PDF
    Can't he be kicked based on poor performance even contract says otherwise. Esp. deliberate holding of infor. Why should he be paid for remaining of contract. Make him clean toilets if need be for the money paid..

Quote Originally Posted by gv1 View Post
    Can't he be kicked based on poor performance even contract says otherwise. Esp. deliberate holding of infor. Why should he be paid for remaining of contract. Make him clean toilets if need be for the money paid..
    Hopefully he can be let go early but I reckon the conversation went something like this:

Bob: This is looking pretty shytte mate.
    Tony: Yeah I know, but I have a plan.
    Bob: Go on mate...(Bob momentarily stops running his fingers through Tony's hair)
    Tony: Weelllll, put me on paid leave and publicly disown me...don't worry we can still have our weekends away in Waiheke.
    Bob: Oh...what will you do.
    Tony: Live off my fat salary while we drag this through labour courts.
    Bob: Niiicccceee...(Bob continues running his fingers through Tony's hair)

Excellent news!
    David Henderson gone, Tony Marryatt gone, Bob Parker gone. Now at last Christchurch can get some clean effective governance!

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8...f-mayoral-race

The real reason for Parker's resignation - a poll after Marryatt was put on gardening leave shows that Dalziell now leads Parker 70% to 30%.

Even I, a dedicated ACT (that's past tense with Banks lies and non performance) and National voter will be voting for Dalziell and some Labour councilors who stood up to Marryatt Parker and Henderson.

http://news.msn.co.nz/nationalnews/8...ay-for-dalziel