Quote Originally Posted by buns View Post
Yip, a great starting point. But why look around here? As no one here has managed a sprinkling on Warren Buffet's returns, so you should start with him. Buffet actually hasn't even averaged over 20% PA, but if you look around here you will probably find people advertise them selfs returning more. Double baggers (100% returns) are the norm, with 5 or 10 (1000%) baggers around as well....Yet you don't hear when people fall on the wrong side of these risky stocks, it does happen. Don't be mislead.

In your Buffet reading you won't find TA mentioned anywhere, if you dig hard you may find a quote from him on it, and he will pretty much state its a waste of his breath.

Berkshire don't use any kind of graphical information in any reporting either. I think it comes from the same thinking they invest with, in complete understanding is key. If you understand the raw data/tables the graph will make sense in your head, but sometimes that dosent work the other way as graphs can mislead.

This sounds kind of silly in a way as I endorse graphs quite a bit at work, however in the investing world why would you want to follow or do anything which those misleaders do when you have a impeccable track record? Charts being a common language in investing, much of which many have followed into poor results.

Its kind of like the different types of Animals reacting to hunters/people. Deer who have seen it all before are scared shiitless of any thing which looks like a human, knowing anything associated with them is fearful. It's engrained in them from birth that humans mislead them into death. So even when a friendly ranger tries to approach a deer, the deer runs quick fast.

I'm probably reaching, but Berkshire using graphs could be the ranger with the value investors being the deer.
Buns. Dude. You are the king of Metaphors

Its human nature. even honest people play up their success and play down their failures.