sharetrader
Page 1 of 21 1234511 ... LastLast
    Share Collector

Default GEN - General Capital (was MyKRIS)

I see this is the latest arrival on the NZAX, courtesy of an IRG-sponsored back-door listing. Looks like it lists at 25cps, giving it a market cap of $15m.

Malaysian based ISP, and hence the favoured "My" prefix (think "MyKAD" identity cards). Looks like they're till getting themselves organised - last news on the web-site is 2010 and they're yet to add the directors names to the organisation structure (coming soon! Though available elsewhere on the site).

The burning question is why a Malaysian company, focussed on their local geographic market, finds it preferable to become listed via the NZAX?
    Last edited by Lizard; 29-03-2022 at 06:37 PM.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Cool Just happen to be passing by

Quote Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
    ...The burning question is why a Malaysian company, focussed on their local geographic market, finds it preferable to become listed via the NZAX?
    Just in case anyone is wondering:

It has got nothing to do with me!

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Just in case anyone is wondering:

It has got nothing to do with me!

regards
    Paper Tiger
    That may be so... but we're still expecting deep insights into market share, reputation etc. Oh and perhaps some ideas on why Malaysian companies would want a primary listing on the NZAX... do they figure that after the crowds Plus SMS drew, we might make a good place for a spot of telco related spec P&D?

Nah, I reckon Lizard is closer to the mark.

A list of every peson who ever purchased Plus SMS shares would be pure gold - clearly, there is nothing those suckers wouldn't buy.
    ----
    Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
    ----

Cool Small world

There is this link which has another link to the disclosure document which you may want to read.

The have been around for about ten years and appear to be the only wireless broadband company not to have a sales outlet in the neighborhood.

They were going to list on the Malaysian Stock Exchange but then didn't.

Their website is even by Malaysian corporate standards pretty confusing.

Might keep on eye on it, then again probably will not.

regards
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum

Guru

I see this is the latest arrival on the NZAX, courtesy of an IRG-sponsored back-door listing. Looks like it lists at 25cps, giving it a market cap of $15m.

Malaysian based ISP, and hence the favoured "My" prefix (think "MyKAD" identity cards). Looks like they're till getting themselves organised - last news on the web-site is 2010 and they're yet to add the directors names to the organisation structure (coming soon! Though available elsewhere on the site).

The burning question is why a Malaysian company, focussed on their local geographic market, finds it preferable to become listed via the NZAX?
    Hi Liz

Nature of Business: Mykris, through three wholly-owned subsidiaries, offers internet access services, application software development and IT-based products and services.

Here is the Directors list
    Chew Choo Soon, Chang Wai Hoong, Siow Hock Lee, Brent Douglas King, Huei Min Lim

I guess we had to expect Brent King to be in it somewhere.. as MYK is an IRG (ex-Viking) sponsored vehicle.
    I'm surprised Liz you are spending time looking at this one...

Pondered for ages whether to say more on this...but thought better of it...I think you will guess what I was pondering about
    .....lets just say Hoop's avoiding this one.
    Last edited by Hoop; 10-01-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: still pondering :>))

Share Collector

Ah, well thanks for that PT... looking at the amount of tax they've been paying (MSC status), they certainly can't be moving to NZ for tax advantages!

However, if they can carry on making those massive 68% gross profit margins and booking $2.5m+/yr of NPBT, then it might be worth watching for a result or two.

Share Collector

Quote Originally Posted by Hoop View Post
    I'm surprised Liz you are spending time looking at this one.
    I am bored. One of my many investment faults is getting distracted by sniffing around small caps for odd smells (though I'm sure a Tiger would have a better nose than a Lizard).

And yes, I had the director names, but was just amused that the web-site said "coming soon".

Guru

I am bored. One of my many investment faults is getting distracted by sniffing around small caps for odd smells (though I'm sure a Tiger would have a better nose than a Lizard).

And yes, I had the director names, but was just amused that the web-site said "coming soon".
    Ahhh hahhh...a gal who likes to live an exciting but risky life in her spare time..

Question Popping down to the POP

The map of the Klang Valley on page 17 of the disclosure document is a bit vague but it looks like my nearest POP might be Mr Chew Choo Soon's house!

However he lives the other side of the infamous traffic lights from me, so I doubt that I will drop in on him

best wishes
    Paper Tiger
    om mani peme hum