sharetrader
Page 251 of 286 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

I saw this announcement as initially giving CNU some strong power in negotiating the cost required to provide unbundled access, but ultimately it will constrain their profitability as other players zoom in.

I was looking for an opportunity to short CNU already and this rise to 4.14 was very tempting but I set my sell order at 4.15 and so didnt get it today.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    I was looking for an opportunity to short CNU already and this rise to 4.14 was very tempting but I set my sell order at 4.15 and so didnt get it today.
    Shorting shares I understand is borrowing (for a fee) someones shareholding in a company. Then selling the shares, wait for the share price to drop then buy them back at a lower price and keep the gain after giving back the shares.

I didn't know you could do this with NZ shares. Who provides this service in NZ, I should check out the fees and whats involved. If I put my money where my mouth is I should be shorting stocks in expectation of a crash. Although the downside risk is potentially unlimited if a company takes off or interest rates go negative.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Shorting shares I understand is borrowing (for a fee) someones shareholding in a company. Then selling the shares, wait for the share price to drop then buy them back at a lower price and keep the gain after giving back the shares.

I didn't know you could do this with NZ shares. Who provides this service in NZ, I should check out the fees and whats involved. If I put my money where my mouth is I should be shorting stocks in expectation of a crash. Although the downside risk is potentially unlimited if a company takes off or interest rates go negative.
    You can do this on NZ shares via a CFD with someone like CMC markets .

https://sp.chorus.co.nz/product-upda...ial-starts-now

Great to see that Chorus has started 10gb trials, looks like the fibre technology is well future proofed. I'm still happy with my 100/20 connection at this stage

On a separate note, I wonder if 5g will ever be rolled out in NZ? I know Spark did a bit of a demo awhile back but it could be years before we see it widely available (if ever). Which telco could afford it?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ot-be-worth-it

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    On a separate note, I wonder if 5g will ever be rolled out in NZ? I know Spark did a bit of a demo awhile back but it could be years before we see it widely available (if ever).
    Yes it will, may not be ubiquitous but it will be rolled out.

What are the implications of the switch from copper to fiber announced in Chorus's latest report?

The report blames this shift for lower profits. Will future abandoning of copper in fiber areas help reduce costs?

A worry from the shareholders newsletter is the decline in employee engagement from 81% to 57%.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Chorus appears to have had a monster day across the Tasman - up 3.5% to finish on $4.14 ($4.54 NZD).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Chorus appears to have had a monster day across the Tasman - up 3.5% to finish on $4.14 ($4.54 NZD).
    After it's latest result it's insane that it's trading over $4 NZ full stop.Lol.
    Last edited by couta1; 28-08-2018 at 07:49 PM.

Don't look now...up 5% to $4.65

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    After it's latest result it's insane that it's trading over $4 NZ full stop.Lol.
    It was 5 years ago that you got burned. Let it go.