sharetrader
Page 264 of 286 FirstFirst ... 164214254260261262263264265266267268274 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by dobby41 View Post
    What I don't get with Chorus is that they play up the increasing data use on the fibre network as a good thing.
    They don't get paid on data throughput - in fact increased data means that they have to upgrade parts of their network to avoid congestion = more cost.
    They get paid on connections and Spark, at least, is trying to reduce the number of those they use.
    There's a few ways that increased data utilisation on the network is assisting their yields, but you're right that it would be relatively small. Perhaps they're using this as a platform to get more customers on the fibre bandwagon? Be quick, you're missing out!

The managed connections with higher CIR's are much better yielding, judging by the current costs being charged, and increased congestion from household traffic will probably assist those yields. Chorus can also assist in multicast solutions for video delivery etc. so there's a other ways that they can derive revenue from the network, potentially outside of the highly regulated framework. This is much the same way lines companies are attempting to extract additional value from their businesses.

hitting new highs again today
    one step ahead of the herd

Yeah good eh - making up for my lower gain on SKT Goes ex div on Monday

new highs again and just paid the div as well ... how lovely

Dilettante

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    new highs again and just paid the div as well ... how lovely
    Gone XD correct but not paid for another month yet !!

Quote Originally Posted by iceman View Post
    Gone XD correct but not paid for another month yet !!
    wrong language yes meant as good as in the bank

This for nztx who couldn't find thread

Search not working that well - so i'll forgive him

nztx said -

HY Results:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367917

Not wishing to kick sacred cows too badly (as many by default will have landed some CNU out of Telecom)

but weren't Chorus promising some fairly good things just last year ?

It looks like they are still going to have to dig deeper to make those good things some more ..
    Last edited by winner69; 22-02-2021 at 02:32 PM.
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    This for nztx who couldn't find thread

Search not working that well - so i'll forgive him

nztx said -

HY Results:

https://www.nzx.com/announcements/367917

Not wishing to kick sacred cows too badly (as many by default will have landed some CNU out of Telecom)

but weren't Chorus promising some fairly good things just last year ?

It looks like they are still going to have to dig deeper to make those good things some more ..

Thanks heaps - Winner .. it must have been hiding between the pages or playing hide n seek ..

Permanent Newbie

I couldn't find the thread this morning either.

I recall discussing this a long time ago but don't Crown Fibre Holdings (CFH) start getting repaid after 2025 and also that may take the form of shares so dividends would be expected to be diluted a lot in 4-5 years time.

No one really answered my question last time. It could be that I am so far off it was not worth replying.

Half year report summary shows a drop in income and for some important metrics. Fibre connections up but Vodafone pushing its 5G network. Chorus not really competing with the advertising for the connections and Spark has shown it is happy to put customers on its wireless network ahead of recommending fibre. Probably a steady infrastructure company but could someone tell me if I am right about dilution once CFH starts being repaid?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I couldn't find the thread this morning either.

I recall discussing this a long time ago but don't Crown Fibre Holdings (CFH) start getting repaid after 2025 and also that may take the form of shares so dividends would be expected to be diluted a lot in 4-5 years time.

No one really answered my question last time. It could be that I am so far off it was not worth replying.

Half year report summary shows a drop in income and for some important metrics. Fibre connections up but Vodafone pushing its 5G network. Chorus not really competing with the advertising for the connections and Spark has shown it is happy to put customers on its wireless network ahead of recommending fibre. Probably a steady infrastructure company but could someone tell me if I am right about dilution once CFH starts being repaid?

Yeah - good points there.. Chorus may have been dreaming in 2020 about their thoughts of huge possible gains
    eventuating & rewards arising from that being dished out to holders ..

4G & 5G wireless are where things are headed now IMO ..