sharetrader
Page 256 of 286 FirstFirst ... 156206246252253254255256257258259260266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Can someone tell me this - How do they control the fibre speed for each connection, e.g I might be on a plan with Spark that they limit to a max speed of 200, whereas my next door neighbour has a plan with say Trust Power on 1000
    Does the data go at the fastest possible speed to the various 'green' boxes around the suburb and from there you have your own piece of fibre strand to your house??

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Jay View Post
    Can someone tell me this - How do they control the fibre speed for each connection, e.g I might be on a plan with Spark that they limit to a max speed of 200, whereas my next door neighbour has a plan with say Trust Power on 1000
    Does the data go at the fastest possible speed to the various 'green' boxes around the suburb and from there you have your own piece of fibre strand to your house??
    Speed is limited by Chorus at egress to the ISP via shapers.
    Chorus probably have a rate limiter at the first switch after the fibre conversion.
    Also limited on ingress to ISP (the Hand over Link (HoL)) by rate limiters.
    Both limits are to the plan that you have brought - hopefully. Works 99.99% of the time.

So yes - full speed through the fibre part.

Hey Guyz, I see Chorus is on an absolute tear at the moment. Is this related to several factors? or is something in particular driving this? I don't live in New Zealand anymore so I miss out on some news. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by nzspeak View Post
    Hey Guyz, I see Chorus is on an absolute tear at the moment. Is this related to several factors? or is something in particular driving this? I don't live in New Zealand anymore so I miss out on some news. Thanks in advance.
    The weekend saw the first netcast of a major sporting event. Spark netcast the Melbourne Formula One GP.

According to the geeks on geekzone.co.nz it all went remarkably well. Netcasting major sporting events over Chorus fibre looks to be a thing.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Banned

Current price is pure insanity and the PE is nuts.Lol

Spark would prefer if you viewed it via their wireless internet! No discount or let off of your data use if you are a spark customer either

WOW ...Chorus still very undervalued

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...hareholderhtml
    “ At the top of every bubble, everyone is convinced it's not yet a bubble.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by winner69 View Post
    WOW ...Chorus still very undervalued

http://www.sharechat.co.nz/article/1...hareholderhtml
    A typical Aussie ramping company, PE of 36, what a comedy.Lol

IMO

Its a good read and makes sense looking longer term Download Document 996.85KB
    • Chorus is the monopoly owner of the new fibre network across most of New Zealand (81%) and also owns 100% of the monopoly copper network. Chorus has spent 10 years and NZ$6b building one of the world’s best & fastest fibre networks (up to 10 times faster than Australia’s NBN).
    • Capex for the fibre rollout peaks this year and we believe free cashflow available for dividends will soon surge. Chorus share price rallied 60% in the past year due to:

• New legislation that will see Chorus’ fibre assets form a regulated asset base (RAB) = more stable earnings & enables higher gearing

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    A typical Aussie ramping company, PE of 36, what a comedy.Lol

PE is a very bad way to value Chorus. As the bulk of its investment spend is done for what could be a 50 year asset the deprecation on NPAT doesn't really matter anymore.
    Chorus will be valued on free cashflow just like the power companies currently are.