sharetrader
Page 249 of 286 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

So in the space of four days, ACC sold 180000 at $4.13 and bought 260000 back in at $3.95.
    Were these related party off market trades?
    Looks suspicious.

I see Spark today announced 100 thousand wireless broadband customers and that they are expanding the service to include portability. Sounds just like a mobile phone hahah

These customers now pay their fees to SPK who no longer need to pay Chorus for that fixed line connection

Also notable recently was that self serving comment from the CNU CEO trying to jump in on the 5G setup but this was quickly shot down by the retail telco's.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

NBR headline;

"Chorus connections keep falling in December quarter."

https://www.nbr.co.nz/article/chorus...-2018-b-211747

Boop boop de do
    Mariyln
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Banned

An okay result, divvy increased and fully imputed, too boring to say much more. Disc-Holding

Permanent Newbie

I haven't been following this company but the results for the half year are below the same six month period a year before. It looks like it is almost going backwards.

I reckon Chorus has a problem in that it is not a retailer and its customers like Spark are trying to move Chorus's customers away from Chorus's network.

If fibre is a lot better than wireless then chorus should be promoting it somehow because Spark won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    I haven't been following this company but the results for the half year are below the same six month period a year before. It looks like it is almost going backwards.

I reckon Chorus has a problem in that it is not a retailer and its customers like Spark are trying to move Chorus's customers away from Chorus's network.

If fibre is a lot better than wireless then chorus should be promoting it somehow because Spark won't.
    Have you seen the advertisements on TV promoting Chorus's askforbetter.co.nz website.

My opinion on the fibre v cellular issue; The determining factor will be the uptake of entertainment providers such as YouTube or NetFlix and the ability of the competing modes to handle the bandwidth these channels demand. At the moment I believe fibre has the edge but may be challenged by the talked about deployment of 5G cellular.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Thats how I see it too MM. Hence my medium-long term concerns for Chorus.

I will be soon be temporarily reverting to VDSL and thus experiencing the best that ageing copper can provide. How outdated is it I will know soon. Unfortunately will have to deal with Chorus to get fibre installed again. so I will also get to see see how their ambitions to be more customer-centric are panning out

IMO

Whenever ive asked friends how much faster fibre is when they've converted, they hesitate, some try and put a good spin on it but i never get a conclusive "its faster" response.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshuatree View Post
    Whenever ive asked friends how much faster fibre is when they've converted, they hesitate, some try and put a good spin on it but i never get a conclusive "its faster" response.
    yeh the correct way of explaining it is the transferring of data is definitely a lot faster , but the user experience only moderately so. Transferring one large file is super quick but internet usage is mainly lot and lots of little transfers
    and so the benefits are diluted and more relating to ping speed.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by peat View Post
    yeh the correct way of explaining it is the transferring of data is definitely a lot faster , but the user experience only moderately so. Transferring one large file is super quick but internet usage is mainly lot and lots of little transfers
    and so the benefits are diluted and more relating to ping speed.
    Using a speed test....my VDSL Copper was slightly faster than my sons Fibre in TeAtatu.
    We were both surprised....