sharetrader
Page 257 of 286 FirstFirst ... 157207247253254255256257258259260261267 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

$6.23 down to $5.87 in one hit today. It's not even ex-div day. I see they have announced they have issued CIP securities. I suppose this means we have all just been diluted? It's more like a game of snakes and ladders than I realised.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    $6.23 down to $5.87 in one hit today. It's not even ex-div day. I see they have announced they have issued CIP securities. I suppose this means we have all just been diluted? It's more like a game of snakes and ladders than I realised.
    If it had dropped to $3.87 you might have cause to worry, $5.87 still wildly overpriced. PS-The CNU share price is more mysterious than the construction of the Pyriamids.
    Last edited by couta1; 21-05-2019 at 07:03 PM.

Prediction, especially about the future is difficult but I'm not going to let that stop me.

One of the things preying on the markets view of Chorus is the competition threat from a 5G cellular roll out. 5G is something Spark is very gung-ho about and they have a history of trying to bypass Chorus with their wireless internet offerings.

My prediction is 5G will turn out to less of a threat than many imagine. One overseas commentator explained if you want saturation 5G coverage of an area you would need to install a 5G base station on every third roadside pole because of the short range of the radio frequencies 5G uses. This would be a courageous move for a telecommunications provider where there is already fiber to the premises installed.

The push back by the oligarchical hegemony against the leading 5G equipment supplier because of it's association with a marxist despotic govermment will blunt the impact of 5G.

My guess is that 5G would only make sense where there is a large congregation of people and their phones like airport terminals, sports stadiums, and shopping malls.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn

PS I am including the key word < Tiananmen Square > to see if this post makes it past my Huawei optical network terminator.
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    If it had dropped to $3.87 you might have cause to worry, $5.87 still wildly overpriced. PS-The CNU share price is more mysterious than the construction of the Pyriamids.
    Closed today at $5.78, a gain of 33.9% (NZX) for the last 12 months

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waikare View Post
    Closed today at $5.78, a gain of 33.9% (NZX) for the last 12 months
    Yep as I was saying very mysterious. Lol

Permanent Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/indu...s-it-of-errors

Didn't think much of Spark a month or so ago they rang to ask if I wanted a better internet connection and I could keep my number but it would be attached to a mobile number or something of the sort. Part way through the conversation I realized they were selling me a deal to use their wireless network and ditch the copper. Once I worked that out I told them to f**k off and stop wasting my time but I would imagine plenty of people wouldn't have a clue what was really being offered. Chorus could lose a lot of business from rural folk switching to Sparks wireless network. The sales person just said I would get more data and the internet would work better, I only twigged what was being offered because I took an interest in chorus a while back. It doesn't worry me too much as I didn't invest in chorus but it upset me that the marketing for the switch to wireless is sort of deceptive from Spark. I am sick of b*lls**t and deception fobbed off as clever marketing trying to confuse people to sell **** is a sad state of affairs.
    Chorus is a bit slow in my opinion.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/113...one-sales-move

I still reckon most people would not know the difference between fibre and a wireless network. I wonder if Chorus hands are tied by their monopoly status and legislation or if chorus management thinks they can just roll out fibre and wait for the profits to roll in while they sit around with their finger up their date. Wireless is competing with copper and fibre if Chorus has a better product they need to tell the masses and ensure Spark doesn't continue to profit from peoples ignorance.

Lots of securities issued?

https://www.intelligentinvestor.com....hiding-1915721

It seems we are getting more excited about CNU this side of the Tasman than you all seem to be.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by smartbomb View Post
    https://www.intelligentinvestor.com....hiding-1915721

It seems we are getting more excited about CNU this side of the Tasman than you all seem to be.
    Maybe you guys get excited about watching paint dry more than us, stock is basically no growth on a massive PE and average divvy yield.

Guru