sharetrader
Page 253 of 286 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Bobdn View Post
    Well, as I think Fred reminded me once, I said I would sell if it hit $5. However if I sell, it will go up to $6, so I'll keep my 21,700 shares and drag the price back down.
    To pay the current price I would be wanting a $1 divvy not 13c.Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    To pay the current price I would be wanting a $1 divvy not 13c.Lol.

Workout their free cashflow from 2020 and you will understand why ...

I bought it because I got a tip from the same person who put me onto FPH. I'm assuming this person is the biggest money manager in NZ but I could be wrong. I bought it for $4.17 about a year ago. It seemed like a dumb trade to me but this person got me 600% in FPH so what the hell. I dont understand the share price increase but I'm happy.

Free cashflow from 2020 dropping steadily if gently. ROCE steady 5%. Interest cover 4.1 and dropping, net debt to capital 72% and rising. What's to love?

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Free cashflow from 2020 dropping steadily if gently. ROCE steady 5%. Interest cover 4.1 and dropping, net debt to capital 72% and rising. What's to love?
    I see a company that will have 400mil + free cash-flow with an asset that will last 20 + years and a mcap of aprox 2bil.

CNU could keep raising the dividend yield like the power companies did after listing as they don't have the huge capex requirement to keep generating profits.

The other scenario is CNU continue with the CAPEX spend building the 5G network

Veteran novice

Quote Originally Posted by bung5 View Post
    I see a company that will have 400mil + free cash-flow with an asset that will last 20 + years and a mcap of aprox 2bil.

CNU could keep raising the dividend yield like the power companies did after listing as they don't have the huge capex requirement to keep generating profits.
    But they do have a regulator keeping a close watch on their charges and return on capital.

But Jerry mentions roce steady at 5%...

I have been uneasy about the threat posed by the telecommunications company named after an electrical discharge and their advocacy of cellular wireless data including new generation cellular deployments in place of fibre. I was concerned this would pose a threat to the uptake of Chorus's fibre.

The Chorus 2018 annual report gives me some comfort. I quote from page 4;

There has been much speculation about the potential future performance of 5G technology and what it means for fixed line networks. We are monitoring developments and have visited international telecommunications operators to learn more of their 5G plans. Where developments are occurring overseas they tend to be in areas where fibre to the premises networks aren't available. Some operators have questioned the economic viability of 5G deployments in areas where a superior fibre service is already available.

Boop boop de do
    Mariyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    I have been uneasy about the threat posed by the telecommunications company named after an electrical discharge and their advocacy of cellular wireless data including new generation cellular deployments in place of fibre. I was concerned this would pose a threat to the uptake of Chorus's fibre.

The Chorus 2018 annual report gives me some comfort. I quote from page 4;

There has been much speculation about the potential future performance of 5G technology and what it means for fixed line networks. We are monitoring developments and have visited international telecommunications operators to learn more of their 5G plans. Where developments are occurring overseas they tend to be in areas where fibre to the premises networks aren't available. Some operators have questioned the economic viability of 5G deployments in areas where a superior fibre service is already available.

Boop boop de do
    Mariyn
    I can see why you're looking for comfort as regards the threat of 5G. The quote you refer to doesn't stack up from what I'm reading. Telstra and Optus are delivering 5G in Australia as we speak and anecdotally the nephew is getting fibre speeds using a fixed wireless connection in various areas in QLD. Apparently its not even geo-locked so he can move it anywhere with instant 80MB/S to the new house.

Of course they may be right and it might not be economically viable. But they're doing it.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....