sharetrader
Page 261 of 286 FirstFirst ... 161211251257258259260261262263264265271 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Quote Originally Posted by percy View Post
    I use Spark wireless and have had no viruses.
    Perhaps they are more likely to be spread on Chorus's copper wires.?

Made me chuckle.
    But you're wrong Percy coz the virus is air transmissible

• Via respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.

so copper wires aren't to blame.
    For clarity, nothing I say is advice....

Permanent Newbie

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/...ectid=12334906

Not sure if this is behind the pay wall. Chorus boss wondering where all the customers are. They are all on Spark and Vodafone's wireless networks as Chorus has done a **** job of educating and advertising the benefits of fibre. Also they need to tell potential customers that when they contact their telecommunications provider that they want a fibre connection that they need to insist and not be side tracked by offers to join their providers wireless network.

For me Chorus has provided a ****ty copper network with regular disconnections and very little investment in infrastructure from what I can tell. So I am happily signing up for fibre, with Northpower.

That said this post is not based on any facts like actual numbers signing up for fibre but is based on me being pissed off with Chorus and looking forward to getting off their unreliable network.

The dumping by the United Kingdom Government of Huawei as an approved 5G supplier as part of the US jihad against the company leaves New Zealand as an outlier.

The realpolitik hoo-ha is likely to delay Sparks 5G roll out. The market thinks 5G is a threat to Chorus's fibre network, well if it is it has dipped further below the event horizon.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    The dumping by the United Kingdom Government of Huawei as an approved 5G supplier as part of the US jihad against the company leaves New Zealand as an outlier.

The realpolitik hoo-ha is likely to delay Sparks 5G roll out. The market thinks 5G is a threat to Chorus's fibre network, well if it is it has dipped further below the event horizon.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    GCSB hasn't allowed Spark to use Huawei so they have gone elsewhere (for now).
    So where is the outlier?
    5G is on a role now that there is spectrum.

Advanced Member

Visited my Mum recently and had a look at her SPARK bill. Ooops. So went into the shop to see what can be done. Updated her plan but also her hardware. She now has a 4G Modem. Her "land - line" plugs into that. So no reliance at all on the copper network. All seemed quite ok. Netflix, YouTube etc all seemed to run fine.

This rang some warning bells for me with respect to CHORUS.
    Disc: Not holding.

RTM, I agree your mothers mobile broadband use case in a valid alternative to Chorus.

However Spark were promoting 5G as the equivalent of bringing a machine gun to a knife fight. It remains a knife fight.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    Diamonds are a girls best friend.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marilyn Munroe View Post
    RTM, I agree your mothers mobile broadband use case in a valid alternative to Chorus.

However Spark were promoting 5G as the equivalent of bringing a machine gun to a knife fight. It remains a knife fight.

Boop boop de do
    Marilyn
    What I was surprised by is that it did not even need 5G .....4G was more than good enough.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by RTM View Post
    What I was surprised by is that it did not even need 5G .....4G was more than good enough.
    5G allows them to do more of it within a given site and frequency allocation.
    4G is limiting - good but will suffer capacity issues.
    So, in that way, 5G is a bit of a downer for Chorus.

on fire , has been for a while. must be those juicy doubling of dividends they were talking about
    one step ahead of the herd

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by bull.... View Post
    on fire , has been for a while. must be those juicy doubling of dividends they were talking about
    What a load of BULL. Final div has gone up 1/2 cent from last years, 14c now. Must have a load of Chorus shares already eh?

CNU 14 Sep 2020 Final 14.000c Supp. 2.471c Imput. 5.444c 12 Oct 2020 NZD
    Last edited by Davexl; 25-08-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    All science is either Physics or stamp collecting - Ernest Rutherford