sharetrader
Page 101 of 286 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Balance View Post
    It's all cool, guys and gals.

Sharetrader is all care and no responsibility - learn to differentiate between those with genuine intent and those who are here simply to suck the newies and the naives in.

Read PEB vs Snakk - you will know what I mean.

Have a great weekend, everyone!
    Good post.
    For the record i havn't sent a private message, or negative reputation vote to anyone.
    Snapiti please pull me up if i start ramping; thanks.
    Last edited by Joshuatree; 09-11-2013 at 06:21 PM.

Banned

Snapiti, here are some tips to help you fit in a little better with the crowd here:
    -Stop posting trades before or at the time you make them, especially ones which end up green at the close
    -Try some pointless BS after-timing posts about how you sold stock XYZ two weeks ago before it went down in price, for variety add in that you spent the money on whatever luxury item pops into your head, or for extra zip say you reinvested it in whichever stock started going up at that time
    -Remember when a stock is declining in value, only negative, very negative or neutral outlooks are allowed
    -Instead of coherent grammar and properly constructed and thought out sentences, try random strings of dots, words in the wrong order, try replacing actual argument with ad hominem and non sequitur

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by turmeric View Post
    What was the regulator supposed to do then? ."
    What I am saying is that it would have made sense for the regulator to just go straight to the FPP regime and save himself a lot of work. Especially given the inevitibility of being required to do it anyway. That's not asking him to engineer a price to suit Chorus.

Reincarnated Panthera Snow Leopard's Avatar

Exclamation And now for something completely different

Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
    I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
    The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
    Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
    And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.
    Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest -
    For Brutus is an honourable man;
    So are they all, all honourable men -
    Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.
    He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
    But Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    He hath brought many captives home to Rome
    Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
    Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    You all did see that on the Lupercal
    I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
    Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honourable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.
    You all did love him once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
    O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
    My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
    And I must pause till it come back to me.
    om mani peme hum

Advanced Member

Viewed through the bottom of a rum glass that is one of the finest bits( i can't remember how to spell pieces) I have read today. I don't know what it means but that doesn't matter. I have a rellie -as I said before - who was into electronic communications from his first crystal set in primary school through uni and overseas scolarships to positions at the top and many projects from the islands to Mongolia to his retirement who advised me that CNU was not going to work, as least in its present form. Now I don't particularly like this rellie - he's a prize pric# but I know that he has forgotten more than most people know on this topic and he is being proved right at every turn. My simple advice to all those wishful thinkers out there - sell up for what you can get and buy TEL. It will take time but you will get your money back - eventually.

Default Ufb

Interesting to hear Communication's Minister Amy Adams on the Nation this morning. It was a good interview I thought. Anyway, she said that CNU was doing an excellent job - hitting all their targets and ahead of schedule on the rollout. She said that after three years of experience, they have learnt lots of lessons and are really hitting their straps now. She expressed very directly and unambiguously her confidence in the organisation. She also said that, if we can get past this current situation, she's confident that the UFB rollout will be complete by 2020.

I thought it was a very illuminating interview - it must have gone on for a good 10 to 15 minutes. Did anyone else see it?
    Last edited by Bobdn; 09-11-2013 at 10:59 PM.

The Wolf of Sharetrader

Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Anyone holding CNU and not knowing whether to get or not, take my advice. spend the rest of the weekend evaluating your strategy for investing, see how you can make your losses good, then sell and move on. the longer you prolong the pain the worse it feels. I sold DIL after re-examining my investment strategy and made back my 40% capital loss in 3 weeks(!). thats not to say CNU and DIL are hopeless investments, far from it! your money is just much better off elsewhere right now at this point in time.

the grass is greener on the other side, trust me
    Mr Moose my dear forum friend, please feel free to also include what stocks are going to increase 200% (PEB) and around 100% (XRO) in the next three weeks so these people can make their losses back, if they feel inclined to turn paper losses into actual losses!

Snrs.
    Can one person tell me return on capital now. Then after Diciembre 2014 lower pricing.

Moosie, thanks for your advice on CNU. Always interesting to see how people react to uncertainty in the market. Your approach is what I like to refer to as "rabbit investing". Short intense bursts of activity, running in a haphazard directionless motion and occasionally sticking your head up to see what everyone else is doing. Each to his own of course but every time I have taken this approach and sold out on bad news and panic attacks, the share has recovered and gone on to bigger and better things so I'm not convinced that I would be advising anything. That's the great thing about this game/business ...its not guaranteed and all activity is subject to factors outside of our control. Just to show a contrarian element, I am still buying CNU. Idiot? some would say but it comes down to belief and my publicly stated belief is CNU will emerge out the other side of this as a good long term investment. However I would not advise anyone else to follow this path...since its my path and not necessarily right for somebody else. Your guarantee that the grass is greener on the other side is unsubstantiated and another "moosieism" "trust me" ? I think not. But then I hardly trust myself
    Quote Originally Posted by moosie_900 View Post
    Anyone holding CNU and not knowing whether to get or not, take my advice. spend the rest of the weekend evaluating your strategy for investing, see how you can make your losses good, then sell and move on. the longer you prolong the pain the worse it feels. I sold DIL after re-examining my investment strategy and made back my 40% capital loss in 3 weeks(!). thats not to say CNU and DIL are hopeless investments, far from it! your money is just much better off elsewhere right now at this point in time.

the grass is greener on the other side, trust me
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

IMO

Int poem PT , Caesar is Chorus and Brutus ,John key
    Thanks for your thoughts all.
    I fluked getting out near the top having to get some cash for Meridian float, phew!!.May it recover for those still in.
    Sitting on the fence atp awaiting more news.