sharetrader
Page 102 of 286 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

C'mon PT get with times...here's the modern translation

Shareholders, detractors, CHORUSmen and women, lend me your I-Pads;
    I desire to connect with CNU, not to ignore them.
    The evil sites that men visit live on in the cache;
    The good sites are left on the favourites.
    So let it be with CNU. The nobbly kneed Ratcliffe
    hath agreed CNU is ambitious:
    If it is so, it is a necessary fault,
    And grievously hath CNU been punished for it.
    Here, with the permission of Ratcliffe and the team-
    for Mark is a straight up guy;
    So are they all, all good team players-
    Come I to speak at the Chorus funeral.
    They are my friends, faithful with their dividends:
    Ratcliffe is an honourable CEO
    And agrees he is ambitious.
    He has laid fibre to many a home and business
    And charged a fair and going rate:
    Isn't this what Chorus was designed for?
    When the Con Com have cried, Chorus has complained:
    Business needs to be a strict and stern profit driver:
    Yet Ratcliffe is ambitious
    And Ratcliffe is an honourable man;
    You all did see that at the AGM:
    I speak not to doubt what Chorus maintains
    but here we are to proclaim what we all do know
    You all do want to connect with UFB
    so why now do you mourn its imminent demise?
    Oh judgement, clouded by Con Com declarations,
    causes SP palpitations. Get over it;
    My loss is in the dunny there with CNU
    And I must wait till it comes back to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paper Tiger View Post
    Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears;
    I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
    The evil that men do lives after them;
    The good is oft interred with their bones;
    So let it be with Caesar. The noble Brutus
    Hath told you Caesar was ambitious:
    If it were so, it was a grievous fault,
    And grievously hath Caesar answer'd it.
    Here, under leave of Brutus and the rest -
    For Brutus is an honourable man;
    So are they all, all honourable men -
    Come I to speak in Caesar's funeral.
    He was my friend, faithful and just to me:
    But Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    He hath brought many captives home to Rome
    Whose ransoms did the general coffers fill:
    Did this in Caesar seem ambitious?
    When that the poor have cried, Caesar hath wept:
    Ambition should be made of sterner stuff:
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And Brutus is an honourable man.
    You all did see that on the Lupercal
    I thrice presented him a kingly crown,
    Which he did thrice refuse: was this ambition?
    Yet Brutus says he was ambitious;
    And, sure, he is an honourable man.
    I speak not to disprove what Brutus spoke,
    But here I am to speak what I do know.
    You all did love him once, not without cause:
    What cause withholds you then, to mourn for him?
    O judgment! thou art fled to brutish beasts,
    And men have lost their reason. Bear with me;
    My heart is in the coffin there with Caesar,
    And I must pause till it come back to me.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

Hi there fellow posters,First time poster but intense long term reader of all posts on this forum I won't go into my roller coaster ride since converting all my fixed interest investments to shares earlier this year but needless to say if I had been more patient I would be sitting on around 300k more in my bank account now one example would be putting in a 200k share order in for PEB just after the 2nd announcement and being at the top of the bid list at 79 to 81c only to have someone jump ahead of me by 1 cent I cancelled my order but could have scooped up my whole 200k by paying 85c and you can work out how much profit I would have had selling the next morning at around 1.70. That's just one example but my current dillema is that I own 118k CNU shares at a purchase price of 2.88 and based on Fridays share price I'm sitting on a paper loss of 105k I sold my Summerset temporarily to whizz over and collect the large CNU dividend intending to resell half of them and go back to Summerset but alas that week the nutty internet coalition and media frenzy started against CNU (I sold my ryman a couple of weeks ago and bought Summerset back) I'm looking for genuine opinions and help on my situation, I'm feeling encouraged to read Birmanboys last post as I recall he also held more than 100k CNU shares (Is this correct) I noticed most of the posters selling up only held small parcels and would only incur small losses unlike my massive potential loss, I already lost 21k earlier in the year on CNU by trying that old sell at a loss to buy back cheaper trick unfortunately the share price never dropped but only went up until now(I made most of this back on a white knuckle ride with Xro for a month or so but it was a nervy ride) Mossie I noticed a while back you were encouraging members on a couple of occaisions to go out and buy CNU shares but you seem to done a 360 turn now, I have also emailed John Key outlining our situation and that we purchased our shares to support the UFB rollout and get some good dividends along the way and that there would be a strong response to a negative com com decision which has in my opinion not occurred as earlier stated by the Government (the we will override the com com back in June is equal to ramping up the share price IMHO) Anyway this has been a rather long winded intro on my behalf but when your suffering a lot of pain you tend to get long winded, thanks in advance people for your replies.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi there fellow posters,First time poster but intense long term reader of all posts on this forum I won't go into my roller coaster ride since converting all my fixed interest investments to shares earlier this year but needless to say if I had been more patient I would be sitting on around 300k more in my bank account now one example would be putting in a 200k share order in for PEB just after the 2nd announcement and being at the top of the bid list at 79 to 81c only to have someone jump ahead of me by 1 cent I cancelled my order but could have scooped up my whole 200k by paying 85c and you can work out how much profit I would have had selling the next morning at around 1.70. That's just one example but my current dillema is that I own 118k CNU shares at a purchase price of 2.88 and based on Fridays share price I'm sitting on a paper loss of 105k I sold my Summerset temporarily to whizz over and collect the large CNU dividend intending to resell half of them and go back to Summerset but alas that week the nutty internet coalition and media frenzy started against CNU (I sold my ryman a couple of weeks ago and bought Summerset back) I'm looking for genuine opinions and help on my situation, I'm feeling encouraged to read Birmanboys last post as I recall he also held more than 100k CNU shares (Is this correct) I noticed most of the posters selling up only held small parcels and would only incur small losses unlike my massive potential loss, I already lost 21k earlier in the year on CNU by trying that old sell at a loss to buy back cheaper trick unfortunately the share price never dropped but only went up until now(I made most of this back on a white knuckle ride with Xro for a month or so but it was a nervy ride) Mossie I noticed a while back you were encouraging members on a couple of occaisions to go out and buy CNU shares but you seem to done a 360 turn now, I have also emailed John Key outlining our situation and that we purchased our shares to support the UFB rollout and get some good dividends along the way and that there would be a strong response to a negative com com decision which has in my opinion not occurred as earlier stated by the Government (the we will override the com com back in June is equal to ramping up the share price IMHO) Anyway this has been a rather long winded intro on my behalf but when your suffering a lot of pain you tend to get long winded, thanks in advance people for your replies.
    Hi Couta, It is very difficult to make recommendations when not knowing the full financial circumstances around someones investing . Just a casual observation, you seem to have quite a bit of money involved here. However I think you haven't worked out a trading/ investing style as yet.To jump out of a long term hold like a Ryman or SUM to pick up a dividend is a very risky strategy. If it is risk you are after why are you in stable things like retirement homes ? Not sure if you are online or via a broker, but it might be worth talking to a reputable broker to get better execution . Also forget the profit you may have made be selling PEB @ 1.70 I think only 500 traded there so you couldn't have got all that volume out at the top of the market...If you are a believer in them it's never too late to buy. happy punting S/L

Banned

Hi Stop loss, thanks for your reply I use direct broking now after having been with a broker for a few years and paying too much in fees, yes I have a 1mill portfolio which contains Sum/Peb/Dil/Sli/Cnu/ttk/snk/mrp I'm running at a paper loss on most of them eg purchased Dil at 7.16 each but will hold as I believe it will bounce back same as ttk bought at 2.80 etc yes I've made quite a few mistakes to date by trying different strategies due to my impulsive enthusiastic nature but my Cnu dillema has bought me to my senses to take a different approach so that trades don't become investments and investments trades, my wife and I have both been associated with the retirement sector for 20 years (No we don't work for any of the big 3 but do work in these facilities hence our investment in them) thanks again

Banned

Thanks Mossie, I liken myself to you but an older version and actually went out and purchased more SNK shares because of your enthusiasm a few months ago but I'm not holding it against you (when is moose hunting season by the way) as I have come to believe that they will do well and only have 50k shares purchased at 13c, I believe you could do well as a trader but as I have now realised I would have a lot more money sitting in my portfolio to date had a let things sit instead of jumping around like a startled rabbit, thanks

Hi Couta, a traumatic first post there but good on you for sharing your stress. Everyone will have either experienced your pain first hand or something like it or will experience it in the future in all probability. First thing to point out is that it is, as you recognise only a paper loss at the moment and whether you choose to transfer it into an Actual loss should be a matter for some patient consideration rather than an emotional stress produced desperate response. There are many "investors' who bail out at the first sign of trouble and probably fewer who decide to ride out the volatility and "noise" that is always there in any sharemarket. Yes I do have a sizeble portion but am still buying. There are many who say this type of 'averaging down" investing is just foolhardy, stubborn and wish fulfilment but all I can tell you its worked for me on any number of occasions and helped reduce my average holding costs of course. Now I suppose eventually I am going to get burnt and my faith will be my undoing but if you choose basically sound companies this is a low probability. I certainly would not encourage averaging down on any company other than blue chips. Is CNU a "blue chip"? I believe it is and once it gets through the current tangle this will be apparent. Also remember that the dividend is an excellent return on your capital. Its possible that one of the negotiating/debates/discussions will force the dividend down to placate the ComCom but even if they halve the dividend its going to return you 4.4% plus imput crd on your capital. All is not lost...however if you sell out at a low..it is lost and will take a lot of time to recover. So its not any easy decision. How would you feel if in 6 months it had returned to $3 ? As someone said if you are not sure..sometimes better to sit on your hands a bit. Other posters will have differing views of course but ultimately it comes back to you and you should make your own decision based on the information at hand and not on rumours, speculation and others peoples 'firmly held" suggestions. I should point out that this type of scenario is why I am a firm believer in being diversified. No matter how good or lucky you are everyone will become immersed in a s**tstorm at some point in their investment life. Don't make quick decisions...let it sit and ponder the possibilities. Good luck.
    www.dividendyield.co.nz
    Conservative Investing and dividend producers...get rich slowly!
    https://www.facebook.com/dividendyieldnz

Banned

Thanks Birmanboy, Yes on Friday I sat and watched the price drop to $1.85 from$2.10 and it took all my will power to not bail out(Felt too depressed to go to work) II've calculated if I had all my Summer sets and Rymans I would be sitting on 150k more in my portfolio than I have by moving over to snatch that CNU dividend hopefully my mistakes can help others not to be so impulsive, thanks

percy

Hi Stop loss, thanks for your reply I use direct broking now after having been with a broker for a few years and paying too much in fees, yes I have a 1mill portfolio which contains Sum/Peb/Dil/Sli/Cnu/ttk/snk/mrp I'm running at a paper loss on most of them eg purchased Dil at 7.16 each but will hold as I believe it will bounce back same as ttk bought at 2.80 etc yes I've made quite a few mistakes to date by trying different strategies due to my impulsive enthusiastic nature but my Cnu dillema has bought me to my senses to take a different approach so that trades don't become investments and investments trades, my wife and I have both been associated with the retirement sector for 20 years (No we don't work for any of the big 3 but do work in these facilities hence our investment in them) thanks again
    How did you make your capital?
    I don't think you should be investing in the sharemarket.
    I would contact Pie Funds,phone [09] 4861761 or call 1/495 Lake Road,Takapuna,Auckland,before you lose more of your capital,and get professional advice.
    Loses will affect you health.

Must be approaching another market collapse if couta typical of whats going on (sorry mate)

I knew a guy who got transferred in his job .... 1987.... sold his expensive home .... and put the proceeds into the stock market .... safe as they told him .... had a good couple of weeks ..... and then essentially wiped out because he was in the hyped up shares .... and when the prices collapsed on that Black Tuesday his broker said it's only a blip and now the shares are really cheap ..... so he bought even more ..... and more ..... the last time I saw him he was still renting

No worries though couta .... this time is different

Did you swap from fixed interest because you thought the returns were too low and the share market would give you those better returns? but you portfolio has a few specs in it as well so maybe you were after something a lot bigger rather than dividend yields higher than the banks?

Thanks Birmanboy, Yes on Friday I sat and watched the price drop to $1.85 from$2.10 and it took all my will power to not bail out(Felt too depressed to go to work) II've calculated if I had all my Summer sets and Rymans I would be sitting on 150k more in my portfolio than I have by moving over to snatch that CNU dividend hopefully my mistakes can help others not to be so impulsive, thanks
    http://www.tv3.co.nz/tabid/3692/MCat/2910/Default.aspx

Amy Adams on the Nation. Watch from 7 minutes onwards. Very interesting interview.