sharetrader
Page 103 of 286 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 2855

Thread: CNU - Chorus

Banned

Thanks Percy,I made my capital through hard work and having a total portfolio of fixed interest investments until Feb this year when I switched most of it over to shares, I also borrowed 150k on mortgage at 5.99 for 5 years which I did on advise and because I could pay it back any time was considered a good decision as you can claim a 1/3 of interest of your tax so when you consider retirement stock return and dividends from the likes of cnu 5.99 minus 1/3 is not difficult to make backlus more,thanks

Banned

Hi Winner, I switched from fixed term because I believed there was more potential for capital gain than from fixed term and because I've always been an all out type of person and have succeeded in sports etc and if I hadn't have gone over to CNU would not be seeking such desperate help as I would have been quite happy to have 70% plus of my portfolio tied up in Ryman and Summer set and doubling my money in 5 years(make that tripling in Summer sets case) thanks

Hi Couta1....Sorry to hear your predicament. I've been there as we'll, maybe not so deep in dodo, but probably most on this forum have had the same experience. Judging by your post it maybe indicates your investing strategy could almost fall into you being a trader, this would enable you to adjust losses against your income, therefore reducing your tax liability. I dont believe anyone can or could predict where this one will go. In a lot of cases like this it is easier to sell off say half and get into something else that you consider to be a better investment, this then enables you to utilise the funds in a more productive manner, but of course still watching like a hawk. Similiar to Moosie900.
    One rule I adhere to is not to have all eggs in one asset class.

Note: Do your own research on any strategy you take.
    Last edited by Lotto; 10-11-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Man, sorry to be brutal, but you have certainly screwed up. I guess the bright side is you haven't found Hot Copper and lost the lot.

My only advice is steer clear of any advice you get on here, despite some of it being with honest intent. The fact is no one here is qualified to provide you with advice. Its illegal, and a few of the more vocal ones here are sailing close to the wind with FMA.

Sign up with a reputable AFA fast, and spend some money on professional advice. Be prepared to spend many hours with them initially, to enable them to understand your requirements and tolerances.

this forum has a significant amount of credible RESEARCH, but people following calls on here do so at their peril.

this advice is not meant to be 'advice' advice, just advice
    Last edited by Xerof; 10-11-2013 at 07:23 PM.

Hi Couta1, as I mentioned in another thread, I burnt 20k NZD to learn my first lesson on ASX, and ouch Hot Copper of course. At that time I was a Uni student and 20k is all the money I have. So it's not the end of the world. Do cheer up! As a trader, you can learn from Moosie (seems he is doing pretty well), but be careful to follow a trader's advice on a public forum. When a trader say BUY, it means he has bought and prepared to take profit (on you); when a trader say SELL, it means he has sold.

Another thing is, if I have 20k cash, I could put them all into the market. If I lose all, then let it be. But if I have 1m cash, I will only put half of it into share market.

Advanced Member

Quote Originally Posted by couta1 View Post
    Hi Stop loss, thanks for your reply I use direct broking now after having been with a broker for a few years and paying too much in fees, yes I have a 1mill portfolio which contains Sum/Peb/Dil/Sli/Cnu/ttk/snk/mrp I'm running at a paper loss on most of them eg purchased Dil at 7.16 each but will hold as I believe it will bounce back same as ttk bought at 2.80 etc yes I've made quite a few mistakes to date by trying different strategies due to my impulsive enthusiastic nature but my Cnu dillema has bought me to my senses to take a different approach so that trades don't become investments and investments trades, my wife and I have both been associated with the retirement sector for 20 years (No we don't work for any of the big 3 but do work in these facilities hence our investment in them) thanks again
    I think you have to weigh up
    the opportunity cost of the brokerage vs the missed trade .... PETER Lynch ( beating the street) talks about people working in the big malls. They know GAP, Nike , Wal Mart are doing well as they can see the foot traffic. So invest in something you know about . It would appear to me you would have good knowledge on the retirement sector .You don't have to be in the latest greatest , Boring can be good .

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Members,

Despite cautionary warnings already issued, we still have people that work for Chorus & Telecom posting in this thread under assumed identities. This has really been going on long enough now.
    Your details will be shown on here should you continue.

Vince
    ST Admin

I think another warning to come tomorrow

Sorry if it's me. Yes my email address is a telecom one. I worked for Telecom for 1 year and have left for almost one year. I never worked for Chorus.

I have one post on Tel thread long time ago and 2 posts on CNU. None of them is about analysis of the TEL/CNU itself i think..

I tried to modify my email address, but seems it's quite hard. so let it be. LOL

Cheers, ZYMWH

Banned

Thanks all you guys that have posted to help me so far what I'm looking for is what people would do sitting on this loss of this size in their opinion and its seems the con census so far is to sit and wait it out or maybe sell half and go elsewhere I consider myself mainly an investor but some holdings which I purchased short term have become investments eg sli due to share price drop the other thing is for every cent less I sell my cnu for is equal to lossing over $1000 so picking any exit would be tough to time as I could lose over $10k selling 10c lower, yes xerof I guess I have screwed up but only because of bad entry timing, the nutty media bleaters rantings a few days after my purchase but if I sold my total portfolio with all its losses tomorrow I would still have a large bank balance, I await John Keys response to my email keenly

Banned

Once again thanks everyone I'm going to crawl back into my cave now its been good to share the pain I'll let you know what I end up doing and will come and and offer some advise on the retirement sector in which I have knowledge in many aspects of that may be of help to someone on this thread in the future